Movies you own that will never leave you

Tools    

List your movies you own on dvd or blu ray, vhs, beta, LD, etc and tell us why you'd never sell them, trade them, lend them out, or give them away.

Here is a short list of mine.

great transfer, funny and cool little weirdo ninja movie

not on blu ray, great movie, dvd only. too good a film to just sell off or lend out carelessly

signed by director Chris Shaw, fantastic movie, very rare

director supervised his own home transfer of this onto blu ray. Lots of authentic vhs cover art on shelves throughout film. Awesome nostalgia trip. Rarity and ltd run

the blu ray steelbook. It's a classic. Essential holiday viewing.

another blu ray steelbook. film is too good. second sight steelbook and scream factory blu have incredible docu features. will never sell these

hands down best blu ray I own for the features. Lots of documentary stuff, interviews. A fun watch, great score.

important history well told and lovely music

ditto

This thing:

It's been through a few journeys with me. I already mentioned the time my friends dad noticed i was bringing that boxset to his house and he vehemently disagreed, he turned the car around and drove us back to my friends mums, to be fair we were 9 years old i only ended up with it coz i had a chill older sister who bought me things i shouldn't have been exposed to at that age. Well what else happened related to that thing was his older sister (she's six years older than me so she was 15 at the time) asked for a loan of my New Nightmare, i gave her it then left the next day without it. In the meantime i fell out with my friend so when i asked him to ask his sister for it back he told me to do it myself, then at the exact moment i went to chap her door she was walking out with a towel on and she dropped it in surprise. Don't think i talked to her for another like five years after that

She and especially her brother are now two of my closest friends and we've laughed about that a lot since. This boxset is either cursed or anointed depending how you look at it.

I'll probably upgrade to a blu-ray copy at some stage, but apart from that this film will NEVER leave me.
The Warner digibook blu ray is stellar. Has alternate ending, commentary, and a lush transfer. Grade A movie, love it.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I own nothing.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

I got my mitts on this a few years back... prized possession (not my pics though, nabbed these off the web):

That's the set I have. The pic quality is amazing too. Love it.

@seanc
I've sat and watched the entire box set in one go.
Entire as in, all the movies in a row, then again with commentary track 1, then again with commentary track 2, then again with commentary track 3, then again with commentary track 4 etc... then sat through all the special features discs and scanned all the artworks as well

Took me over 100 hours lol!

Agree about the pic quality too.
The DVD set is superb.

@seanc
I've sat and watched the entire box set in one go.
Entire as in, all the movies in a row, then again with commentary track 1, then again with commentary track 2, then again with commentary track 3, then again with commentary track 4 etc... then sat through all the special features discs and scanned all the artworks as well

Took me over 100 hours lol!

Agree about the pic quality too.
The DVD set is superb.
Holy time killer!

I have that LOTR collection too. Rodent's posts get me more excited about opening it up than the films do even though i'm a fan.

Considering properly reading Tolkien but i'm so turned off coz of my childhood.

@mark f

I must look into those

I can still handle vhs on my hdtv. I run them on a super VHS machine by JVC that plays the tape very gently but firm. It's a tank. Increases quality by some kind of feature, can't remember the spec, but it supposedly increases luma, chroma, etc.

There's nothing like the feeling of having a betamax player, svhs deck, laserdisc player and blu ray unit all hooked into a dedicated 7.1 Onkyo AV receiver, feeding into your tv, all accessible at any time with the click of a remote button.

Ahhhh....

Ooh, the bootleg version, right?
No, no, no, it's the official German release. Shame the packaging is in German but it looks beautiful anyway and came with both Blu ray and DVD, This was the limited edition version, though I think it's since been re-released over there as a standard Blu.

I dont understand the question. I have no plans to get rid of any of the films I own. Even the common ones. Or is this a "post pictures of your collection" thread?

No, no, no, it's the official German release. Shame the packaging is in German but it looks beautiful anyway and came with both Blu ray and DVD, This was the limited edition version, though I think it's since been re-released over there as a standard Blu.
Really? Wow. Last time I checked, part II was only available as an upscaled, or sub standardly transferred spanish blu ray. Any features, or just the film?

I dont understand the question. I have no plans to get rid of any of the films I own. Even the common ones. Or is this a "post pictures of your collection" thread?
It's a post pictures of, or list dvd's or other formats of movies you own that you will never get rid of. For example, if someone wanted to borrow Air America, I'd probably let them keep it. If my own brother wanted to borrow Sling Blade on blu ray, I'd tell him to pound sand.

There's another title.