The Resident Bitch's New Top 100 Favorite Films

→ in
Tools    

I like Brother Bear. I'm one of the few I guess who really enjoy it. Good and interesting story with at times beautiful animation and I love Phil Collins.

Haven't seen that other one there... but Identity I saw at a young age and was slighty freaked out back then. But the psychological aspect ruined it for me then. Don't know about now, haven't rewatched it in full in ages, but seen bits here and there. Thick atmosphere indeed. Very fun creepy little thriller.

The Raven
(James McTeigue, 2012)
Previous Rankings: NEW TO THE LIST

I'm sure some people might be scratching their heads at this not-so-popular mystery/thriller but you can scratch all you damn want because I love it. I adore the look of the film, with its lush colors and fine costumes, and really enjoyed Cusack's performance as Edgar Allan Poe. It might just be my favorite performance from him.

East of Eden
(Elia Kazan, 1955)

This might be a little premature since I've only seen this film one time, but I was absolutely blown away by it. I really connected with Dean's Cal Trask and the film's setting and themes felt very familiar and real. That's not surprising though, since I've enjoyed a lot of John Steinbeck's work and an adaptation of another of his novels, Of Mice and Men, graced my last top 100.

East of Eden is very good, had it high on my 10th HOF list. Never heard of The Raven, i mean i know Poe's story but i never knew there was a movie starring John Cusack. The Simpsons version of The Raven read by James Earl Jones is the best

Never heard of The Raven, i mean i know Poe's story but i never knew there was a movie starring John Cusack.
The movie is neither based off of Poe's story or is a biopic of him. It's a fictional tale about a serial killer whose murders are inspired by Poe's stories.

The movie is neither based off of Poe's story or is a biopic of him. It's a fictional tale about a serial killer whose murders are inspired by Poe's stories.
Yeah, i figured that when you said Cusack as Poe. i'm not that slow

Panique au Village
A Town Called Panic
(Stéphane Aubier and Vincent Patar, 2009)

An absolutely bizarre stop-motion animation that is as fun as it is insane.

The 24th Day
(Tony Piccirillo, 2004)
Previous Rankings: 2010 - 44, 2013 - N/A

A taut, low budget Indie thriller that probably none of you have heard of (unless you read the entry in my Movie Log), with excellent performances and a story that raises more questions than it answers.

Flushed Away
(David Bowers and Sam Fell, 2006)
Previous Rankings: 2010 - N/A, 2013 - 57

Like any Aardman film, it's filled with some fairly bizarre humor and a lot of silliness. It's also entertaining as hell.

Mighty Wind showing up is a nice surprise. Didn't think that would be your type of humor.

The problem isn't in thiking animation is for kids, most of it is pretty obviously written with kids in mind. The problem is thinking that as an adult you shouldn't like something written for kids. Like it makes you less sophisticated or something.

Mighty Wind showing up is a nice surprise. Didn't think that would be your type of humor.
Yeah, I'm not a fan of Guest's other work and didn't like Spinal Tap at all, but this one really works for me. I think it's helped tremendously by the fact that I really enjoy the music in it. I have the soundtrack on CD actually.