What are you listening to while you're MoFoin' it?

Tools    

My cat clattering about on the wooden floor in the hall as his claws are too long. That and an episode of Blackadder II on the TV in the background

Song & Emotion Tesla

This irish group from the 70/80's that Enya was in called Clannad. Really awesome if you like that sort of stuff.
Infinitely suffering thing.
T.S Eliot, "Preludes"

Title: Bizet - Au fond du temple saint (Temple Duet)
Performed by: ~Nicolai Gedda (soprano), Ernst Blanc (baritone)~

In the Beginning...
Jazz, blues.

Guys, I need some help. There was a video on VH1's Weekly Countdown some months back, and I can't remember the name of the song or even the artist (I guess this is what I get for never writing anything down).

I'll try to describe it. The song was somber and had a touch of blues: nothing but guitar (there may have been a cello or violin), and two vocalists (a male and a female) trading off on verses, but singing the chorus together. The video was black-and-white, and the two singers are sitting in a recording studio with the cello/violin player, the three of them sitting in a circle. The man plays guitar, and they are all singing into his/her own microphone. The camera keeps panning and circling them.

I want to say it was on last September - December, but I can't be sure exactly when. All I know is they played it last semester at some point for only about two weeks. If you know it, please let me know. I loved the song, and it kills me that I can't remember it. Thanks.

Originally Posted by Sleezy
Jazz, blues.

Guys, I need some help. There was a video on VH1's Weekly Countdown some months back, and I can't remember the name of the song or even the artist (I guess this is what I get for never writing anything down).

I'll try to describe it. The song was somber and had a touch of blues: nothing but guitar (there may have been a cello or violin), and two vocalists (a male and a female) trading off on verses, but singing the chorus together. The video was black-and-white, and the two singers are sitting in a recording studio with the cello/violin player, the three of them sitting in a circle. The man plays guitar, and they are all singing into his/her own microphone. The camera keeps panning and circling them.

I want to say it was on last September - December, but I can't be sure exactly when. All I know is they played it last semester at some point for only about two weeks. If you know it, please let me know. I loved the song, and it kills me that I can't remember it. Thanks.
oh my god i know exactly who your talking about

sounds like Damian Rice and up and coming with his song 'Volcano' the video and audio can be found here

great song- check some of his other songs , their great too. yeha i love that song- i was super happy when launch! did an interview with him...

right now I am listening to 'Mad World' Tears for Fears- quite possibly the best song they did....

In the Beginning...
Originally Posted by allthatglitters
oh my god i know exactly who your talking about
sounds like Damian Rice and up and coming with his song 'Volcano'
YES! Thank you! God, I'm such an idiot. I can't believe I didn't just write it down when I heard it. Thank you!

Yeah, so I'm listening to it now.

Put me in your pocket...
Main Titles....from the soundtrack of Chocolat~ Rachel Portman.

Give it Away - Red Hot Chili Peppers

For The Love Of God - Steve Vai

Originally Posted by allthatglitters
This irish group from the 70/80's that Enya was in called Clannad. Really awesome if you like that sort of stuff.

Clannad is awesome... I have several of their CD's...

Centrefold ~ J Geils Band ~

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
A little Doobie Bros. action at present...

"She had a place in his life
He never made her think twice
As he rises to her apology
anybody else would surely know
he's watchin' her go

But what a fool believes he sees
No wise man has the power to reason away..."

Anybody ever see Tommy Davidson's stand-up routine where he does a pitch-perfect Michael McDonald impression? Great stuff.

Yeah that was hillarious. Notice that Micheal sings much more clearer now?

I love that song, and thanks for clearing up the words, didn't understand them too much...

What I heard:
he came from somewhere..back and a long ago...
sentimental fool, he trying hard to recreate, or just to be created..
once in her life, she musters her smile......
LOL!

well, it didn't sound that bad.

Wanna hear me sing 'Benny and the Jetssssssssssssssss'? LMAO

I See You When You're Sleeping
I'm listening to the Chris Moyles breakfast show on BBC radio 1. The music is crap but the comedy is good.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Primus - "Tales From The Punchbowl" "Winona's Big Brown Beaver" aside (STILL the worst ever Primus song....ugh), this is a pretty good album. Experimental, bass driven, art-funk and some slow songs that sound like Pink Floyd or Yes on chrystal meth....I miss Primus so much. Les Claypool's new stuff doesn't do it for me in the same way "Sailing the Seas of Cheese," or "Pork Soda" did when I was in college.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/