What are you listening to while you're MoFoin' it?

Tools    

Put me in your pocket...
I love Billy Joel, jrs.

Right now I have on...

Tracy Chapman~ New Beginning
Give Me One Reason, Tell it Like it is, Heaven’s Here on Earth, Smoke and Ashes.

Muscle Museum by Muse

Muse are great, I love everything by them.

Right now I am listening to our 4 kittens fighting, but in the distance I can barely here "The sounds of silence".

Frankie Goes To Hollywood is on the radio

Relax........don't do it.........blah blah blah....

"I'm your hell, I'm your dream.......I'm nothing in between.......You know you wouldn't want it any other way".........

"Listen, when I slap you, you'll take it and like it"..........Humphrey Bogart..........Maltese Falcon.......

Graze on my lips and if those hills be dry, stray lower, where the pleasant fountains lie...........William Shakespeare.......

Put me in your pocket...
Sarah Brightman ~Eden
In Paradisum, Eden, Anytime, Anywhere, Dust in the Wind, Deliver Me, Only an Ocean Away

Swashbuckler Extraordinaire
Some Dropkick Murpheys, it keeps the kids happy

-When in doubt, Kill it

Kansas 'Wayward Son'

It's from one of my comp albums.

Put me in your pocket...
Originally Posted by Revenant
Kansas 'Wayward Son'
I love that song.

House of the Rising Sun....

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Voodoo Glow Skulls ~ Steady as She Goes

I'm not old, you're just 12.
"sunshine of your love" by Cream. I got the soundtrack to School of Rock today, and it really is like a primer for good rock music. It has the Ramones, Led Zeppelin, The Who, The Doors, T-Rex, plus Jack Black singing AC/DC with some children, which is hilarious.....

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

i have "Mrs. Robinson" stuck in my head by Simon & Garfunkel

'and heres to you Mrs. Robinso, Jesus loves you more than...(forgot the words)...COO COO CA CHOO Mrs. Robinson...'

i am trying to find some good 80's music, I have some basic stuff like Tears for Fears ( they are so redundant but I love alot of their songs) and DuranDuran, KISS, i just need more.
Infinitely suffering thing.
T.S Eliot, "Preludes"

Put me in your pocket...
Silent Wings ~Secret Garden(from their 'Once in a Red Moon' CD)

Originally Posted by allthatglitters
i am trying to find some good 80's music, I have some basic stuff like Tears for Fears ( they are so redundant but I love alot of their songs) and DuranDuran, KISS, i just need more.
Sounds like this would make an nice thread glitter. What type of music are you looking for from the 80's..pop, rock, new wave, punk, r&b, jazz?

Hi
For 80's you definately need The Smiths.. Hmm add The Clash, The Pixies, Blondie, Billy Idol and Slayer (if you enjoy unintelligible screaming as much as i do) and Iron Maiden (for the most beautiful sounding metal.)

I listen to EVERYTHING and when I mean everything- it's absolutely true, one hours it'll be Frank Sinatra, the next it will be Nirvana. I just love the whole entire 80's sound.

Also check out The Stone Roses if you enjoy Morrisey and The Smiths.

Tons of great, great music just below the pop scene from the eighties. Joy Division is the big one if you want to check out the whole post-punk scene. Sonic Youth perfected guitar rock.

I can't reccomend the Talking Heads enough. They combine tongue in cheek humour with somewhat goofy music but band it all together for perfection. Check out the album Stop Making Sense.

I must become Caligari..!
Originally Posted by allthatglitters
My top 5 80's Bands:Or bands who had there prime in the 80's

The Clash
The Pixies
Maddness
The Specials
Stray Cats
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

Thanks for the reccomendations everybody! I am listening to Talking Heads right now. they are very cool.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
No Doubt - The Singles 1992-2003. A pretty good if kinda shallow look at No Doubt's entire career so far. Sadly, no sign of "Total Hate" with Brad from Sublime, or my favorite ND song, "Move On." ("Don't Speak" still reminds me of an ex-girlfriend from quite a while ago, though.... )