2017 Mofo Television Awards - Results

Tools    

"Luck don't live out here."

Boy, Twin Peaks: The Return dominated this year's Mofo Television Awards. It walked away with the most awards by far. The next show with the most awards was Mindhunter. Below are all of the winners. You can view the nominees here.

Best TV Drama Show of the Year

Best TV Comedy/Musical Show of the Year

Best TV Animated Show of the Year

Best TV Limited Series of the Year

Best TV Documentary Series of the Year

Worst TV Show of the Year

Best TV Actor of the Year

Best TV Actress of the Year

Best TV Supporting Actor of the Year

Best TV Supporting Actress of the Year

Best Cast of the Year

Best Episode of the Year

Best TV Show Intro (Opening Credits) of the Year

Most Memorable Scene of the Year

Best Cinematography of the Year

Cool! Great job Grant, the anticipation of seeing the results was one of the things keeping me going during this uneventful Easter break. Loving those banners, did you make them yourself or get someone else to make them? Kinda disappointing this didn't get too much attention.

_ __ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ _

My list:

Best TV Animated Show of the Year
Bojack Horseman - Season 4 (Rick and Morty's great, but Bojack is better).

Best TV Limited Series of the Year
Twin Peaks: The Return

Best TV Documentary Series of the Year
The Keepers

Best TV Actor of the Year
Kyle MacLachlan, Twin Peaks

Best TV Supporting Actor of the Year
David Lynch, Twin Peaks

Best TV Supporting Actress of the Year
Laura Dern, Twin Peaks

Best Cast of the Year
Twin Peaks

Best Episode of the Year
Black Mirror - USS Callister

Best TV Show Intro (Opening Credits) of the Year
The Keepers

Most Memorable Scene of the Year
Twin Peaks - What year is this? (Episode 18)

Best Cinematography of the Year
Twin Peaks

_ __ _ _ __ _ _ _ __ __ ___ ___

Not much of a TV watcher, but I guessed I'd seen enough to vote. Twin Peaks and The Keepers are great. Bojack Horseman and Black Mirror are my favourite shows, along with It's Always Sunny and Breaking Bad. After seeing this I'm pretty interested in checking out Feud (Season 1), The Night Of, The Confession Tapes and The Vietnam War. I'll probably keep off Mind-Hunter and Stranger Things until I've caught up with the shows I'm currently watching.

How many lists DID you get btw?

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Hopefully this kicks up some more steam in the future. Good job.

Suspect's Reviews

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Great job, Grant. I'm sorry I wasnt there for you on the big day. I hope to be a bit more mindfull next year, buddy; for you or whoever takes it on. Well Done, young fella

CONGRATS TO ALL THE WINNING GRINNERS

Great job, Grant. I'm sorry I wasnt there for you on the big day. I hope to be a bit more mindfull next year, buddy; for you or whoever takes it on. Well Done, young fella

CONGRATS TO ALL THE WINNING GRINNERS

Hopefully this kicks up some more steam in the future. Good job.
Thanks guys.

How many lists DID you get btw?
Not...not many. I literally got the minimum amount of lists I was hoping for, and I didn't set my expectations very high to begin with. I'm hoping that by next year there will be more interest, so maybe we can get at least 10-15 lists.

Six lists total, by the way (including mine).

Not...not many. I literally got the minimum amount of lists I was hoping for, and I didn't set my expectations very high to begin with. I'm hoping that by next year there will be more interest, so maybe we can get at least 10-15 lists.

Six lists total, by the way (including mine).
Next year try and spread the word with private messages. Maybe write the code for an extremely elaborate announcement post on a new thread a few weeks before the event and when the time comes, just copy and paste it onto the beginning of the thread. That will set a good impression and make people more likely to participate.

This might just do nobody any good.
The last episode is the most brilliantly disturbing, haunting and simplistic statement on abuse that I’ve seen... well, I think anywhere.

The last episode is the most brilliantly disturbing, haunting and simplistic statement on abuse that I’ve seen... well, I think anywhere.
Damn, I never heard of that interpretation before. What makes you think that?

This might just do nobody any good.
WARNING: spoilers below
It’s totally a 3:00 am thought but, with that last bit at Laura’s house, I got the sense Lynch was turning the audience towards the lingering affects of any kind of abuse (in this case a girl’s murder). Suddenly all the supernatural stuff and Being There style comedy became clear as the dressing they were. It’s what the show (and a good chunk of Lynch’s filmography) had always really been about. In this ideal world of Twin Peaks, a horrible thing happened and the inhabitants came together to try and amend it and, sure, they eventually found some truths behind the acts, the motives and the perpetrators, and even beat them as a group but something broke nevertheless.

We can move miles away from this moment, become different people in different times but that single moment lives on. It’s a disembodied voice screaming your name. It all comes crashing back down and it threatens to define you.

WARNING: spoilers below
It’s totally a 3:00 am thought but, with that last bit at Laura’s house, I got the sense Lynch was turning the audience towards the lingering affects of any kind of abuse (in this case a girl’s murder). Suddenly all the supernatural stuff and Being There style comedy became clear as the dressing they were. It’s what the show (and a good chunk of Lynch’s filmography) had always really been about. In this ideal world of Twin Peaks, a horrible thing happened and the inhabitants came together to try and amend it and, sure, they eventually found some truths behind the acts, the motives and the perpetrators, and even beat them as a group but something broke nevertheless.

We can move miles away from this moment, become different people in different times but that single moment lives on. It’s a disembodied voice screaming your name. It all comes crashing back down and it threatens to define you.
Beautiful.

Also don’t have it the same time as film awards
I just did it in the same timeframe because I didn't want to push the TV awards for 2017 back to around the summer time of 2018, but yeah...I bet that hurt it some. If I do it next year, I'm thinking I'll start nominations sometime in January and then have the actual awards late Feb. or early March.