Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

The Sentinel (1977).

This was very camp and not very scary bar a few "flashed" scenes. Model moves into brownstone apartment as she's not ready for marriage and it has a gateway/portal to hell....so far so good. Some of the dreamy sequences/flashbacks are quite unnerving. Theres a particular scene where "the damned" are chasing the model through the house and they seem to be genuinely disfigured people.....its a bit sick TBH.

Directed by Michael Winner and with a rather eclectic cast ...Ava Gardner, Burgess Meredith , Eli Wallach, John Carradine. It, it just *has to be said* the scene of Beverly D'Angelo, errr, enjoying herself when the model meets her and her lesbian lover is nothing short of hilarious!! Funny, camp and at least with a strong story, an enjoyable 6/10.

I thought it was kind of a snore. Aside from Isaac, I didn’t really get any sense enthusiasm from the cast (Viggo is just naturally sneering, so...)

That all said, it’s been a long while since I saw it. I almost revisited when I went through some Patricia Highsmith adaptations a few months back.
Glad to see another MoFo love this film. I thought it was special and gave it a high rating. I hardly ever hear anything about the movie, people should give this one a watch
I don't know whether that included The Cry of the Owl (2009) but that's really good too.

I liked the acting in The Two Faces of January and while the story didn't necessarily engage me I enjoyed watching Isaac, Mortensen and Dunst very much.

This might just do nobody any good.
Man, that cast on The Sentinel is an all time head scratcher. I should check it out someday.

movies can be okay...

The Dirties (2013)

Painful to watch. Aside from the disturbing storyline, the only thing that was shocked me was how highly I've heard this getting rated. I couldn't find any shock value whatsoever in this. The acting was probably the most difficult thing to watch too. So poor.

I'm wondering why you thought the film was supposed to have any shock value in the first place, when it's more of a comedy than anything. I agree that certain characters performances were pretty bad, but for a $30 000 budget, they worked with what they had (still not an excuse though). I personally thought the film was a lot of fun, with its constant love letters to cinema, and interesting presentation.
"A film has to be a dialogue, not a monologue — a dialogue to provoke in the viewer his own thoughts, his own feelings. And if a film is a dialogue, then it’s a good film; if it’s not a dialogue, it’s a bad film."
- Michael "Gloomy Old Fart" Haneke

Di je Karlo?
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World (2010). 91/100.

You can call the story cartoonish or simplistic, but I don't care. Everything about the soundtrack, the humour, the action and especially the cinematography is full of this intoxicatingly fun gusto. It's the kind of poppy, energetic comedy that I see myself happily revisiting in the future. Plus, it reminded me of my tween years like no other movie ever has.

Man, that cast on The Sentinel is an all time head scratcher. I should check it out someday.
And briefly Jeff Goldblum and Christopher Walken...its totally puzzling...its hammy as, quite literally, hell

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Watched three "5/5" films in row.
What are the other two?

EDIT: Whoops, should've read the thread. These are The Thin Red Line, The New World. You overrated both!!!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

You Were Never Really Here

Very stylish and artful direction and the Jonny Greenwood soundtrack was superb.. Joaquin Phoenix is solid in this movie, John Wick hard.. he traces missing girls for a living but things go wrong when he goes up against a sinister paedophile ring .. but there is little movie here, more an exercise in film making... maybe I missed something, at the end I was more or less confused but it was nice to look at.

[b], at the end I was more or less confused but it was nice to look at.

WARNING: "You were never really here" spoilers below
I think he really did do that to himself in the Diner. What we see after that is perhaps how he wanted things to go.

Nah,
WARNING: "You Were Never Really There" spoilers below
it was a dream or more accurately it was what he felt like at that moment particularly because he felt the young girl had abandoned him too, possibly that he was seriously contemplating it until she returned and saved him back. It's just like someone putting their finger to their head and pretending to shoot theirselves except Ramsay went further and actually showed it. She did a similar thing in Ratcatcher with the kids imagining the rats living on the moon. That's why there was no response by anybody in the diner, he was just resting his head as he was both physically and emotionally exhausted.

“I was cured, all right!”
What are the other two?

EDIT: Whoops, should've read the thread. These are The Thin Red Line, The New World. You overrated both!!!
I don't care

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Halloween: Resurrection (Dir. Rick Rosenthal)

It's endearing how achingly 2002 it is. Reality television, generic alt rock/RnB, hair gel, you name it. Rick Rosenthal definitely consulted his grandchildren for this one. The whole POV gimmick is likely a result of The Blair Witch Project's success. "What else do the kids like? Uh, we need a computer hacker guy." The teen movie aspect is generally a lot of fun.

The most annoying elements are honestly when it tries to be clever. The psych 101 bull**** is just awkward considering how dumb everything is. It's also out of place given how irrelevant fear is to the tone of this silly movie. There are other brainy elements with meta filmmaking and having an audience on camera react to/participate in the violent spectacle. I'm guessing that was all spurred on by the success of Wes Craven's Scream. Probably the same reason they billed Jamie Lee Curtis' small role so visibly just to kill her off in the opening sequence.

Halloween: Resurrection apes off of its contemporaries without much success. There are fun B Movie moments, the showdown between Michael Myers and Busta Rhymes most infamously, but it's mostly just disposable. For this film to allude to Michael Powell's Peeping Tom with the POV tripod kill is honestly insulting lol. Especially after that indefensible cold open where it bends over backwards to make this fit into canon.

The reason this movie was destined to fail is that you can't really play Michael Myers for laughs. Jason has always been the campier one (haha) who could fit into a story like this. With that said, at least it's peculiar enough for me to want to revisit it. I can't say the same for all of this franchise's entries.

https://boxd.it/raw7V
I don't know which one is worse. This entry or Rob Zombie's Halloween 2.

H20 was a great addition to the series and a competent ending, then they throw it all out the window with the sequel, appeal to a younger audience who don't care about the series and tried to 'shock' the viewer with that Scream opening. Resurrection is trash. Not even so bad it's good trash, just everyday trash.

I work for a company that supplied the film gear for this movie. I should really quit and say that their help in getting this movie made is the reason.

Day of the dead: Bloodline

Please explain.
I think its a good and well acted film. It's like all the other zombie films but there's a nice twist in this one. The CGI is probably a bit unrealistic with the blood splatters but I think it's a movie worth watching