X-Men: First Class

Tools    

Originally Posted by Jrs' Sequel Buzz Thread

X-Men: First Class to start filming next year?

Last week IESB spoke to X-Men producer Lauren Shuler Donner on the eve of the X-Men Origins: Wolverine DVD release, but she wasn’t giving much away regarding the future slate of films. They did have this exchange, however:

So which one is Donner hinting at? X-Men Origins: Deadpool doesn’t have a script, and they have only just started developing the story for Wolverine 2. David Goyer said last month that X-Men Origins: Magneto “will move forward in the next year or so”, however 20th Century Fox don’t seem to be in a rush to make it. That leaves X-Men: First Class, and thanks to Twitter we may have some sort of confirmation. Tim Pocock, who played Cyclops in X-Men Origins: Wolverine, updated his Twitter page with this:

First Class takes place during the first year at Xavier’s School for Gifted Youngsters and along with Cyclops we will most likely see Emma Frost (blonde lady above) and other young versions of Beast, Jean and Storm. They will probably add a few new characters into the mix too. First Class has the potential to become the first ‘true’ X-Men film. Whether it will turns out good or not depends on who they get to direct, and we should hear who that is over the upcoming months if they plan on filming next year.

Source: Filmonic

The X-men films are becoming a joke a now but I love the x-men universe too much and just look how good X-men evolution ended up being so I wouldn't mind seeing this if it's not all corny and over the top like Wolverine was.

A system of cells interlinked
What is this "First True X-men" film business they are talking about? Singer's films were pretty well done, I thought...

In the Beginning...
Milk, milk, milk.

Here's the danger with Marvel's foray into film. They're treating their films like comic book families, and by the time they're through, we'll have four or five different strands for each property. We don't need Marvel saturating the market with more superhero films than we can stand.

Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: First Class!

A tweet just flittered across my screen from the guys over at Flickchart, who are claiming that director Bryan Singer has confirmed his involvement with X-Men: First Class.

As shocking as this may be for most of you, one guy who has been calling this for sometime.

Here are the tweets as sent by the guys over at Flickchart – apparently the announcement from Singer “was streamed live to 80,000+ people on Ustream/MySpace…” And somehow I managed to miss it… Shout out to our friends at First Showing for helping to alert us to the news:

Bryan Singer just leaked that he’s directing the next X-men Origins film on the AVATAR “blue carpet”. What do you think about that?

Yep. “X-Men First Class” will be an “Origins” film. He said he just sealed the deal with the studio.
You can read the tweets at their source by going HERE<&callback=load_tweet">/a> and HERE<&callback=load_tweet">/a>.

Wow, Bryan Singer returning to the X-Men franchise… And handling X-Men: First Class, to boot. When First Class was first announced, the potential in telling the story of how the X-Men came to be. With Singer at the helm, that potential will certainly be realized. Singer’s strength in the franchise was that he told the human story of the characters really well.

Source:
Screenrant

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I love the Xmen movies, I havent seen Wolverine yet but im expecting it to be great. I dont know what I think about there being so many movies coming out based on the Xmen.

If singer is back at the helm I'm definitely feeling optimistic about this new film and maybe even the franchise. Which i have long given up n after the mediocre X-men 3 and the pretty awful Wolverine film. Hope this news is true

Yeah, I feel better with Singer there, too. Though we'll see if he's done drawing painfully unsubtle parallels with homosexuality. Singer is openly gay, and kinda let it hijack things from time to time. Specifically, the stuff with Bobby ("Iceman"), who is a) in love with someone he can't completely have, b) is asked by his parents "have you tried not being a mutant?", and c) looks an awful lot like a younger version of himself.

Anyway, very happy with the first film, fairly happy with the second, so I'll probably be giving this a try, even though the last two films were tremendously disappointing in either one form (X-Men: The Last Stand was a re-envisioned cop-out) or another (X-Men Origins: Wolver was kind of useless).

I love X-Men movies, and Wolverine was simply the best movie...Anyway, I'd love a new X-Men movie.

Singer reveals X-Men: First Class details

We know who’s directing, we know who’s writing, now we just need to know what X-Men: First Class will involve. Variety recently interviewed Singer after he confirmed he would be directing and he spoke about what his version will be (Josh Schwartz’ script has been pushed to the side).

Singer had been flirting with the project since last summer. Deal was made after the studio sparked to a detailed treatment he wrote for the film. Jamie Moss was hired to write the script, and the studio will move aggressively.

Singer told Daily Variety that he thought long and hard about returning to the franchise he launched until he found a storyline that would stand on its own. “This is the formative years of Xavier and Magneto, and the formation of the school and where there relationship took a wrong turn,” Singer said. “There is a romantic element, and some of the mutants from ‘X-Men’ will figure into the plot, though I don’t want to say which ones. There will be a lot of new mutants and a great villain.”

In the film, Xavier and Magneto will be twentysomething, and the film sounds similar in construct to the J.J. Abrams-directed “Star Trek.”

“Whether it’s ‘Batman,’ ‘Lord of the Rings’ or ‘Star Trek,’ if the characters are good, you want to see them on their journey even if you know their destiny,” Singer said. “I put myself in the fan’s position, and I think this story is something I would want to see, and so will they.”

Fox has launched the “Origins” project by hiring Josh Schwartz to write the script. Singer went back to the drawing board but feels so in synch with the concept and the writer that he feels the project can come together quickly.
So despite X-Men Origins: Magneto not moving forward we will still see the character on-screen in the near future. We don’t know yet whether they will get Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart back, or whether they will re-cast. Those de-aging effects aren’t cheap, especially if they will be needed throughout the whole movie.

Regarding the ‘romantic element’ I think it’ll be the Cyclops/Jean/Emma Frost love triangle that featured in the comics. Again, no information has been given about whether they will use the same actors who played the characters in X-Men Origins: Wolverine, or whether they will be casting younger actors.

It’s good to hear that 20th Century Fox will be moving forward ‘aggressively’ on the film considering it’s been floating around in the scripting stage for a year, but we don’t want them rushing it. Singer’s next film could be Jack the Giant Killer, however if things develop with First Class filming could begin sometime next year.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
You like the first X-men over the second Yoda? You don't hear that very much.

Suspect's Reviews

agreed I think X2 was the true X-men film, the first was done very well but I felt it was all just a slow lead up to the all the crazy events we see in the second. On another note I'm officially excited bout this flick, lets hope Singer can do it right. My only fear is he may have lost his touch seeing as I didn't find Superman Returns or Valkyrie to be all that good

X-Men: First Class release date set

It’s official. X-Men: First Class will be directed by Matthew Vaughn and 20th Century Fox has set a release date for June 3rd 2011. They are a little late in getting this one going, but Variety says Fox are moving ‘aggressively’ and filming will begin towards the end of the summer. They already have a script ready; it will just be a case of prepping over the next 3 months or so ready for shooting.

Fox released a new synopsis along with the press release:

“First Class” will chart the epic beginning of the X-Men saga. Before Charles Xavier and Erik Lensherr took the names Professor X and Magneto, they were two young men discovering their powers for the first time. Before they were archenemies, they were closest of friends, working together, with other Mutants (some familiar, some new), to stop the greatest threat the world has ever known. In the process, a rift between them opened, which began the eternal war between Magneto’s Brotherhood and Professor X’s X-Men.”
While the film will focus on Xavier and Magneto, young versions of the X-Men will no doubt be appearing (there’d be no point calling it First Class otherwise). It’ll be interesting to see who lands the key roles. Casting Eric and Charles will be important, as will the casting of the Cyclops, Jean, Beast and Storm (they’ve been mentioned as being in the film in the past, the script may have changed however).

The June 3rd release date means X-Men: First Class will be going up against Kung Fu Panda: The Kaboom of Doom. Green Lantern will be released 2 weeks after on June 17th, and Mission Impossible 4 will be released a week beforehand on May 27th.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Im looking forward to this, I have seen Wolverine now and I have to say I really enjoyed it. So IMO it seems that the X-Men films can do no wrong.

X-Men: First Class Recruits ‘Kick-Ass’ Writer

Kick-Ass co-writer, Jane Goldman, is reportedly working on the script for Matthew Vaughn's X-Men: First Class.

Kick-Ass co-writer Jane Goldman is hard at work on the X-Men: First Class script – at least that’s what her husband Jonathan Ross says.
Ross, a well-known British TV and radio personality, recently tweeted<&callback=load_tweet">/font>, “G;night all. The wife is away writing X Men 4 so I am off to bed with little Sweeney alone. He will keep my feet warm and my spirits high.”
It’s not entirely a surprise to hear Goldman’s name mentioned in conjunction with a film being helmed by Matthew Vaughn, as the two have worked closely as co-writers on two other Vaughn directed films - Stardust and the recent mega-hit Kick-Ass.
Read the entire article @ http://screenrant.com/x-men-class-ki...an-benk-59220/

Leave my childhood heroes alone, they've suffered enough..
Couldn't agree more!

I wish Hollywood would come up with something more original and not piggy back on good things which eventually brings the value of it down...