Travel bucket lists, memories and more.

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Neither one of us was there so I am going to leave it at that.
Ashdoc might have been there for all you know. He's posting some pretty interesting stuff, Stirchley. worth a read IMO.

The most famous grass widow was Edwina mountbatten , the wife of India's last viceroy. She had an affair with India's future prime minister Jawaharlal Nehru. It probably blossomed in the hill station of shimla which was the summer capital of India. Nehru was at that time a freedom fighter. The affair continued after he became prime minister of India but insisted that lord mountbatten continue as viceroy!!....maybe for personal reasons

Wow I did not know that. Good on her. Nothing wrong with a woman finding comfort, companionship and/or a jolly good romp with a man when her lounge lizard husband is off doing the same.

Thanks again for posting, my friend.

I am saving up money to do these hopefully in the next couple of years.

St Lucia in the caribbean

Australia[/

Disneyland

Oh yeah. Tell me more, natt.

I really want to do the Caribbean - tick
I live in Australia - tick
Disneyland - I'm stereo deaf and and as much as I love love love rollercoasters, the noise drives me insane. I'm more of a sit back and chillout kinda traveller, but amusemnt parks are cool. If I wasnt so ruffled by the beautiful chaos of the parks I would definitely do Disney's playhouses.

The most famous grass widow was Edwina mountbatten , the wife of India's last viceroy. She had an affair with India's future prime minister Jawaharlal Nehru. It probably blossomed in the hill station of shimla which was the summer capital of India. Nehru was at that time a freedom fighter. The affair continued after he became prime minister of India but insisted that lord mountbatten continue as viceroy!!....maybe for personal reasons
I was just thinking of our grass widow conversation and the movie Out of Africa which is based on Karen's collection of short stories. I think I said it in the thread but I dont expect mofos to hang off my every word, so incase you missed the Out of Africa memoirs of mine, Karen talks about how once bitten by the Africa bug it really gets under your skin. Yep. I read a lot of books written by expats when I was there and they all said the same thing. Why Africa (although the sub continent and latin america really got under my skin as well but not in the same way) Why does Africa seem to have that impact on so many people? The place where you really feel home. It's different for all of us, and that's perfectly fine, but my guess is, and this comes without a coffee because the lovely Mr D had the last of it, I genuinely believe it's a place you've been before, in a far away time.

Karen also talks about 'Armchair travellers' where you travel in your imagination. I thoroughly recommend this for people interested in travel but not interested in the 'getting there' aspect. There is absolutely nothing wrong or less than here - travel in your imagination is a wonderful thing and needs to be encouraged. Isabel Allende did this when she was a little girl listening to the stories of her elders. She is a fantastic story teller.

My girlfriend was a mind/armchair traveller earlier. At that time her father was ailing and she had to stay with him to take care of him . So she used to imagine travelling to distant places , without being actually able to do so .

Now her father is no more and she has no responsibilities. She is now ready to become a real traveller. First she is already travelling all over India and then she plans to travel the world.

I'm very happy you've found a lady friend, ashdoc. You certainly seem more content. Congrats! And she sounds so right for you -

This off beat film
Why do you describe it as “offbeat”?

Originally Posted by ashdoc
played by who else but Robert Redford
Redford was an odd choice for the rôle considering that Finch Hattan was British.

Palace of the maharaja of kolhapur ( medieval kingdom in southwestern india ) ---side view

front view of the palace

temple of hindu god shiva---the god of fertility .
the idol is not of shiva himself but that of his penis in union with the vagina of parvati---his goddess wife . behind is the bull giving the god of fertility bull like strength in bed .

outside view of temple of laxmi , the hindu goddess of wealth . i was not allowed to take photos inside the temple for security reasons .

medieval wrestling arena , kolhapur

Beautiful, ash. I've seen that elephant one before and it makes me sad, but te others are lovely. Thankyou for bumping my poor, lil thread.I have neglected her,but only temporarily. I had my lawyer here last night and she has offerd us her chalet in Thredbo Australia, so hopefulyI have photos soon, or maybe with my condition I really should go somewhere warm. Would you think I was crazy if I said Iran and Israel? My skiing days are over and I love the snowy mountains in spring. Trouble is organising Mr D.

My other optionn at the moment is Tasmania.One of my brothers lives thereand is an alpine tour guide. He's pushing me hard for right now but once again,I'm afraid of the icy cold coming in fromAntarctica. I get bonecold,and rightnow that would not be too good for me.

Beautiful, ash. I've seen that elephant one before and it makes me sad, but te others are lovely. Thankyou for bumping my poor, lil thread.I have neglected her,but only temporarily. I had my lawyer here last night and she has offerd us her chalet in Thredbo Australia, so hopefulyI have photos soon, or maybe with my condition I really should go somewhere warm. Would you think I was crazy if I said Iran and Israel? My skiing days are over and I love the snowy mountains in spring. Trouble is organising Mr D.

My other optionn at the moment is Tasmania.One of my brothers lives thereand is an alpine tour guide. He's pushing me hard for right now but once again,I'm afraid of the icy cold coming in fromAntarctica. I get bonecold,and rightnow that would not be too good for me.
The elephant in the goa photos was different. This elephant was in munnar .

The northern parts of Iran are cold especially because it is a mountainous country.

Yea I know. My sister and I were actually talking about doing a tour there yesterday and I was surprised she didnt know that. But it's the same for Australia. People in other countries are always surprised when I say there is debate about us having more snow than Switzerland if I talk about East Africa to Australians they cannot believe it gets snow.

I'm going to park this here because it's about my travels, and I simply dont like starting threads.

Do you practise Ayurveda? I knew about it and practised it a bit before I left Austrslia but when I was cycling I stayed at something like YWCA in Delhi on one stopover there. I became very good friends with a couple - he was America and she was aussie. They lived in Americaand would make regular visits to a particular place that had an ayurvedic ashram as she had cancer. I'm only just remembering this.Gee I really loved that pair but unfortnately it was back in the day of carrier pigeon and we lost contact.

Anyway, I tried the full body wake up routine, including yogic stances and breathing the other morning and i dont think someone in full time work could do this, or maybe i am very slow.

Oh Oh I just saw something about the royals and the Kentucky Derby. Gee I hope she rufless feathers in the Palace. Megan looks more and more beautiful each day. And my god each time I see footage of castls over there I feel cold. Didnt they hve electriity backthen?

Ayurveda is just like herbal medicine---good to treat some chronic ailments . It's medicines don't have much side effects. That's some advantage of it . I don't practice it much. I mean I do prescribe some ayurvedic medicines but I cannot be called a regular practitioner.

Ayurveda is just like herbal medicine---good to treat some chronic ailments . It's medicines don't have much side effects. That's some advantage of it . I don't practice it much. I mean I do prescribe some ayurvedic medicines but I cannot be called a regular practitioner.
Thanks but I dont mean the 'medicines' as such (by the way, how do yoou prescribe them - are you an apothecary?) I'm talking about the wholistic approach of body typing, oils, meridians, yogic practices food types eg heating or cooling etc etc.

Went back into the mountains for vacation to escape the sweltering heat of summer . To the hill station of Saputara .

The below two photos are of the lake of Saputara captured in photo from a point above it and the town of Saputara called lakeview point . The lake is surrounded by the town which is mostly consisting of hotels and resorts .

the view of the surrounding mountains

two photos of view of the plains below . greenery which is abundant in rains and in winter has shrunken due to the heat of may month .