Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Brilliant show. I own the entire thing so far. Can’t wait for the next one. Sad that Apted’s son died in the meantime.

Atrocious movie.

Why??? Rude to ask a girls age you know
That’s right.

Suzy also was a real surprise. She totally changed when she got married.
She sure did. I liked her from the beginning. I also like Charles the attorney. Cute sense of humor. Wonder if the scientist guy (farmer’s son) is still married to the bossy American?

Beterang [Veteran] (Seung-wan Ryoo, 2015)
+
Old hat but not unenjoyable

Two Faces of January (2014)

Two Faces of January (2014)

Glad to see another MoFo love this film. I thought it was special and gave it a high rating. I hardly ever hear anything about the movie, people should give this one a watch

This might just do nobody any good.
I thought it was kind of a snore. Aside from Isaac, I didn’t really get any sense enthusiasm from the cast (Viggo is just naturally sneering, so...)

That all said, it’s been a long while since I saw it. I almost revisited when I went through some Patricia Highsmith adaptations a few months back.

Halloween: Resurrection (Dir. Rick Rosenthal)

It's endearing how achingly 2002 it is. Reality television, generic alt rock/RnB, hair gel, you name it. Rick Rosenthal definitely consulted his grandchildren for this one. The whole POV gimmick is likely a result of The Blair Witch Project's success. "What else do the kids like? Uh, we need a computer hacker guy." The teen movie aspect is generally a lot of fun.

The most annoying elements are honestly when it tries to be clever. The psych 101 bull**** is just awkward considering how dumb everything is. It's also out of place given how irrelevant fear is to the tone of this silly movie. There are other brainy elements with meta filmmaking and having an audience on camera react to/participate in the violent spectacle. I'm guessing that was all spurred on by the success of Wes Craven's Scream. Probably the same reason they billed Jamie Lee Curtis' small role so visibly just to kill her off in the opening sequence.

Halloween: Resurrection apes off of its contemporaries without much success. There are fun B Movie moments, the showdown between Michael Myers and Busta Rhymes most infamously, but it's mostly just disposable. For this film to allude to Michael Powell's Peeping Tom with the POV tripod kill is honestly insulting lol. Especially after that indefensible cold open where it bends over backwards to make this fit into canon.

The reason this movie was destined to fail is that you can't really play Michael Myers for laughs. Jason has always been the campier one (haha) who could fit into a story like this. With that said, at least it's peculiar enough for me to want to revisit it. I can't say the same for all of this franchise's entries.

https://boxd.it/raw7V

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
How old are you, anyways?
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Watched three "5/5" films in row. Terrence Malick is slapping my face.
Never Brad Pitt was this good!
I liked it alot. It's just a valuable experience rather than a traditional movie. Just makes you contemplate the cycle of life, humanity and the world we live in. It's similar to 2001 and maybe Ki Duk Kim;'s Spring, Summer in that respect.

Here's a nice little featurette on the genius that is Emmanuel Lubezki:

Unregistered User
Brilliant show. I own the entire thing so far. Can’t wait for the next one. Sad that Apted’s son died in the meantime.

She sure did. I liked her from the beginning. I also like Charles the attorney. Cute sense of humor. Wonder if the scientist guy (farmer’s son) is still married to the bossy American?

Yeah Charles was cool. Shame he wasn't in it much. Really hope the next one goes as planned. Good question although I reckon he will be. What you think? Interested most to hear about Neil. Such a fascinating character.

“I was cured, all right!”
I liked it alot. It's just a valuable experience rather than a traditional movie. Just makes you contemplate the cycle of life, humanity and the world we live in. It's similar to 2001 and maybe Ki Duk Kim;'s Spring, Summer in that respect.

Here's a nice little featurette on the genius that is Emmanuel Lubezki:

Exactly!
Emmanuel Lubezki is a wizard!
Good video!

The Undying Monster (1942)

I watched this for the movie tournament. It's a werewolf movie that plays out like a mystery. Scotland yard investigates some attacks involving an apparently cursed family. It's mostly about average but has exceptional atmosphere. It's just over an hour long and is on YouTube.

Redeemer (Graeme Clifford, 2002)

It's all write I suppose

Unregistered User

The Dirties (2013)

Painful to watch. Aside from the disturbing storyline, the only thing that was shocked me was how highly I've heard this getting rated. I couldn't find any shock value whatsoever in this. The acting was probably the most difficult thing to watch too. So poor.

The Dirties (2013)

Painful to watch. Aside from the disturbing storyline, the only thing that was shocked me was how highly I've heard this getting rated. I couldn't find any shock value whatsoever in this. The acting was probably the most difficult thing to watch too. So poor.

That's a shame. I liked it. I particularly enjoyed Matt Johnson's deluded nature all the way through it. I didn't find it that shocking though, I'd describe it as almost comedic in places with a sinister undertone.

Unregistered User
That's a shame. I liked it. I particularly enjoyed Matt Johnson's deluded nature all the way through it. I didn't find it that shocking though, I'd describe it as almost comedic in places with a sinister undertone.

Yeah I think its one of a very few that I didn't agree with you on. I just found it totally empty, a nothing film. I couldn't get anything comedic out of it either, plus the main characters really bothered me. Each to their own I guess.

Plus side. I'm hoping to finish Wild Wild Country tonight!!