Stephen King's IT (Parts 1 and 2)

Tools    

IT's the best damn horror movie I've ever seen. And it's the best movie of 2017 as far as I'm concerned. AND it's the best Stephen King movie.
Have you read the book? I read it in preparation for the new film and then watched both the old mini series and the new film and was utterly disappointed by both filmings. Neither of them is even trying to tell the same story, they just take Pennywise and dump some standard Hollywood scares around him.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
IT's the best damn horror movie I've ever seen. And it's the best movie of 2017 as far as I'm concerned. AND it's the best Stephen King movie.
High praise.

Suspect's Reviews

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"

James Ransone
is playing the adult Eddie and will join Jessica Chastain (Beverly), Bill Hader (Richie), and James McAvoy (Bill), and of course, Bill Skarsgard (Pennywise)

https://deadline.com/2018/05/it-chap...st-1202392327/

I'd put it at 9 with movies, 12 with adaptations. It wasn't even the best Stephen King project of 2017.

1. The Shining
2. Shawshank Redemption
3. The Green Mile
4. The Dead Zone
5. Creepshow
6. Stand By Me
7. Misery
8. Carrie
9. It (2017)
10. The Mist
11. Apt Pupil
12. Needful Things
13. Dolores Claiborne
14. Children of the Corn
15. 1408
16. Pet Sematary
17. Pet Sematary 2
18. Christine
19. Tales from the Darkside: The Movie
20. Carrie (2013)
21. Secret Window
22. The Dark Half
23. A Good Marriage
24. Hearts in Atlantis
25. Creepshow 2

TV -

1. Mr Mercedes (2017)
2. The Stand
3. It (1990)
4. Rose Red
5. Storm of the Century
6. The Mist (2017)
7. Under the Dome
8. The Shining (1997)
9. Sometimes They Come Back
10. Salem's Lot

I remember some kissing and a little light petting. I mis-remember the orgy tho...

This might just do nobody any good.
I reckon Chiwetel Ejiofor will be cast as Mike.
Right age, good actor.
Sterling K. Brown ftw!

Chadwick Boseman is apparently a popular choice tho (and the kid who played Mike in pt.1 suggested him.)

I’ve seen two films (the old and new version) and to be completely honest I did not like it. I bet the book is much better.

But I’m curious about the sequel tho.
I liked the original mini-series until I read the book. Havent enjoyed it the same way since. It is solid for what it is, and has some very good casting and performances in it, but it is not a great retelling of the story. The 2017 is much closer to the book, though does still skim over a lot of it (some understandably, some less so) but one thing it did get 100% spot on was that casting, and that chemistry between the kids. Something not always easy to do, but it is absolutely integral in the book, and they at least got that part of the film spot on.

The book is excellent though, delves much much deeper into the whole nature of fear, what happens to us and our relationships as we grow older, the racism and homophobia rampant in the 50s and the 80s and how it affects everything that happens in Derry. Highly recommended, Im not a massive reader any more, but a book that thick, and Ive read it more than once!

This might just do nobody any good.
Uh, I’m hearing Isaiah Mustafa has been cast as adult Mike.

We need to help you beef up your watchlist.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
So we did get the film and damn, it's massive. It's the biggest thing shooting in Canada right now I think. My summer is going to be super busy now. Maybe I'll try to get on set and snap some pics.