TagoMago gonna try and attempt a top 100 favorite movies list.

Tools    

40. MONTY PYTHON AND THE HOLY GRAIL (1975) - Classic comedy made up entirely of classic scene after classic scene. Starts off brilliantly with one of the most cpgenius credit sequences ever and doesnt let down on its brilliance the whole way through. Also despite being such a silly film they did a great job creating the murky medieval setting.

39. BAREFOOT GEN (1983) - Harrowing anime film adapted from manga based on the authors actual experiences surviving the atomic bomb. The manga is better and goes into more detail on the situation but this movie still packs a real punch to the gut.

38. AKIRA (1988) - Like with Barefoot Gen its not as good as the manga but this is the one animated film where Im wowed by fancy big budget animation. Even today this film still looks gorgeous and its filled with so many memorable moments. Admittively i might have some nostalgic bias here.

37. THE PROMISED LAND (1975) - One of the most beautifully shot films ever! Darkly comic drama about a polish man, a Jew, and a German who try to start a textile factory and things go horribly wrong! A lot of the social commentary went over my head im sure but this was still a very gripping and enjoyable film imo.

36. CHRISTIAN F. (1981) - Based on the real life experiences of its titular character this is a very disturbing look at heroine addiction among teens. I find this a vastly more effective look at the effects of addiction than the more well known Requiem for a dream. Also the protagonist is a David Bowie fan and his music is used prominently and effectively throughout the film. Theres even a David Bowie concert! The movie takes place during the late 70s where Bowie was trying to escape his cocaine addiction so it seems extra poetic.

Christiane F. is a great fillum, not the easiest of watches at times but all the more impactful for it.

Christiane F. is a great fillum, not the easiest of watches at times but all the more impactful for it.
Agreed! The withdrall scene is especially tough to stomach.

Sorry guys been super busy!

35. MICHAEL THE BRAVE (1971) - Probably not one of the most popular historical epics but I really enjoyed this film a ton! Has some of the best battle scenes in cinema! I was never bored during the whole 3 and a half hours.

34. GAMLET (1964) - I actually went into this film knowing very little about the iconic play Hamlet (crazy right?), andmaybe that played into my enjoyment but theres no denying this is one of the most beautifully shot films ive ever seen! If theres a better adaption of Hamlet id like to see it.

33. THE GODFATHER (1972) - Often considered the most perfect film ever made and in many ways it feels like it. Every shot and performance feels flawless. I know Marlon Brandos performance is the most iconic but most of the others shine just as bright. Its not my favorite film (obviously) but it is undeniably one of the best made and deserving of its reputation.

32. THE THING (1982) - When i first saw this film it really surpassed my expectations. I still get goosebumps during the kennel scene and in I never get tired of the special effects. Film has such a strong sense of atmosphere and intensity and it gets better everytime i see it!

31. SHURA (1971) - My contender for the best horror film period (though some might argue its not really horror). Not many films make me uncomfortable but this one gets really intense towards the end and ends on such an unrelentingly bleak note.

Ive gotta rewatch a few of my top films and I feel like I shouldve waited to do this list. Been watching stuff i feel like i shouldve put on here like Robocop

Im gonna use the current list ive made but do keep in mind a lot of these are close and im constantly changing them around. Even mynumber 1 is subject to change from time to time. With that said here 100-81.

100. THE LAST PICTURE SHOW (1971)

99. FEAR AND LOATHING IN LAS VEGAS (1998)

98. THE TRUMAN SHOW(1998)

97.SCUM(1979)

96. BLADERUNNER (1982)

95. TERRORFIRMER (1999)

94. ARMY OF DARKNESS (1992)

93. THE BOXERS OMEN(1983)

92. MAD MAX 2 THE ROAD WARRIOR (1981)

91. UP IN SMOKE (1978)

90. PERSONA (1966)

89. SHADOWS OF OUR FORGOTTEN ANCESTORS (1965)

88. THE 36TH CHAMER OF SHAOLIN (1978)

87. AMERICAN POP (1981)

86. I MARRIED A STRANGE PERSON (1997)

85. RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARC (1981)

84. JAWS (1975)

83. DEEP RED(1975)

82. 12 ANGRY MEN (1959)

81. EVIL DEAD II (1987)
Raiders is too high, it should be lower, js lol, but it's your list so you do what you want with it

Ill go ahead and 80-61. Not feeling well still. I think ill add thoughts once i get to the top 40.

80. BEING THERE (1979)

79. THE SHINING (1980)

78. SCARFACE (1983)

77. FULL METAL JACKET (1987)

76. IT'S SUCH A BEAUTIFUL DAY (2012)

75. THE CREMATOR (1969)

74. ANGST (1983)

73. LOS OLVIDADOS (1950)

72. THE HOURGLASS SANITARIUM (1973)

71. THE PIANIST (2002)

70. THE FRENCH CONNECTION (1971)

69. BRAINDEAD (1992)

68. FANTASTIC PLANET (1973)

67. AMADEUS (1984)

66. THE EVIL DEAD (1981)

65. THE TOXIC AVENGER (1984)

64. STREET TRASH (1987)

63. A SHOT IN THE DARK (1964)

62. THE GREAT DICTATOR (1940)

61. VERTIGO (1958)
+Rep for one movie, Scarface

60. THE EXTERMINATING ANGEL

59. TAXI DRIVER

58. ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOOS NEST

57. BABY CART: AT THE RIVER STYX

56. STALKER

55. CHIE THE BRAT

54. THE GODFTHER PART 2

53. COME AND SEE

52. FANNY AND ALEXANDER

51. THREADS

50. THE YELLOW SUBMARINE

49. ALIEN

48. LE TROU

47. SOUTH PARK BIGGER LONGER AND UNCUT

46. SOLDIER OF ORANGE

45. THE HOLY MOUNTAIN

44. THE KILLER

43. BRAZIL

42. SON OF THE WHITE MARE

41. CHINATOWN

After this i think ill do 10 a day and actually add thoughts :3
Godfather 2 and Taxi Driver, great movies

Ive gotta rewatch a few of my top films and I feel like I shouldve waited to do this list. Been watching stuff i feel like i shouldve put on here like Robocop
after reading this post I just realized that this was back in April lol oops, take your time on your list and add some posters or pics too, it makes the thread look more interesting. Reviews are always good to add too.

after reading this post I just realized that this was back in April lol oops, take your time on your list and add some posters or pics too, it makes the thread look more interesting. Reviews are always good to add too.
Yup i started this while sick and lazy feeling.

So the 31 movies you got now on your list official or you going to be re doing a whole new list on a new thread?.

So the 31 movies you got now on your list official or you going to be re doing a whole new list on a new thread?.
Gonna do a new list. Itll be mostly the same but some films added others taken off.

Gonna do a new list. Itll be mostly the same but some films added others taken off.
Nice, can't wait to see your new list. Remember to add some pics or photos of the movie you pick also.

Nice, can't wait to see your new list. Remember to add some pics or photos of the movie you pick also.
Yeah one of the reasons im gonna do a different one