SONG TOURNAMENT 27

Tools    

SEMI-SEMI FINALS

1. Patti Smith Group - Because the Night vs. Quiet Riot-Cum on Feel the Noize

2. The Plasmatics - Put Your Love in Me vs. Miami Sound Machine - Bad Boy vs. Climax Blues Band-Couldn't Get It Right

3. Billy Squier - In The Dark vs. Deap Valley - Royal Jelly vs. Atlanta Rhythem Section-So Into You

4. Ace-How Long vs. Georgia Satellites - Keep Your Hands to Yourself vs. Michael Jackson - Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'

2. The Plasmatics - Put Your Love in Me vs. Miami Sound Machine - Bad Boy vs. Climax Blues Band-Couldn't Get It Right
3. Billy Squier - In The Dark vs. Deap Valley - Royal Jelly vs. Atlanta Rhythem Section-So Into You
4. Ace-How Long vs. Georgia Satellites - Keep Your Hands to Yourself vs. Michael Jackson - Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'

Well, I thought that "Prince - When Doves Cry" was gonna take this whole thing.

It looks very much like Patti Smith and Michael Jackson are moving to the Semi-Finals.

The other two songs.... not sure yet.

Plasmatics, Billy Squier and Deap Valley are leading.

Well, I thought that "Prince - When Doves Cry" was gonna take this whole thing.
I would have been ok with that. I think I was the first person to nominate it after he passed and it went out in the first round.

SEMI-SEMI FINALS

(Second choice would be "Couldn't Get It Right.")

3. Billy Squier - In The Dark vs. Deap Valley - Royal Jelly vs. Atlanta Rhythm Section-So Into You
(If one of my own songs don't win, I'd like to see "So Into You" take the prize.)

(Disappointed "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'" beat "When Doves Cry, which I would've been happy to see win. "How Long" has been stuck in my head the last couple of days, so that'd be my second choice here.)

SEMI-SEMI FINALS

1. Patti Smith Group - Because the Night vs. Quiet Riot-Cum on Feel the Noize - This inferior version couldn't win this one. There again, I'm not sure the original would've either.

2. The Plasmatics - Put Your Love in Me vs. Miami Sound Machine - Bad Boy vs. Climax Blues Band-Couldn't Get It Right - Really like these three. MSM couldn't win because it's not the whole song and I tossed a coin for the other two. Not sure if I prefer it or not, but I wasn't disappointed with the outcome so I'm happy with that.

3. Billy Squier - In The Dark vs. Deap Valley - Royal Jelly vs. Atlanta Rhythem Section-So Into You - Before I listened to these three I wasn't sure where my vote was going. Afterwards it was clear. I really like Royal Jelly.

IT'S A MOSTLY
CAPTAIN SPAULDING
NOMINATED
FINAL FOUR!

The Plasmatics - Put Your Love in Me
Nominated by Captain Spaulding

Deap Vally - Royal Jelly

Patti Smith Group - Because the Night

Michael Jackson - Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
Nominated by Sexy Celebrity
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Plas.JPG
Views:	91
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	43728   Click image for larger version

Name:	Deap.JPG
Views:	84
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	43729   Click image for larger version

Name:	Patti.JPG
Views:	81
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	43730   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wanna.JPG
Views:	86
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	43731  

THE SEMI-FINALS

1. The Plasmatics - Put Your Love in Me vs. Michael Jackson - Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'

2. Patti Smith Group - Because the Night vs. Deap Vally - Royal Jelly

I can't even really decide. I like them all. This has been one of my favorite Song Tournaments of all time.

1. The Plasmatics - Put Your Love in Me vs. Michael Jackson - Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'

THE SEMI-FINALS

Oh, I think this is gonna be a Deap Vally win. I've had my eye on that one. It's that video.

THE SEMI-FINALS

I'm not surprised that "Because the Night" made it this far, but I was skeptical that "Royal Jelly" and "Put Your Love in Me" would even make it past the first round, so I'm pleasantly surprised by how well received they've been. Even though I have a 75% chance of winning, I fully expect Michael Jackson to be crowned the winner, because I never win these things. I've won once (the Halloween Song tournament) and finished runner-up one other time, and I used to participate in a lot of these song tournaments.

Maybe things have changed, but it used to be that female artists rarely did too well in these tournaments, so the coolest thing to me is that three of the remaining four songs feature female vocalists. And at the risk of sounding sexist, the most girly song remaining is the Michael Jackson song, proving women can rock out with their (metaphorical) cocks out, too.