15th Hall of Fame

Tools    

The only bad film is Glory, and boy, it's bad. It's the worst film I've seen this year, but if it makes anybody feel any better, I haven't seen that many films. It's a sh*tty film though.
Some of you people are so rude! You do realize that somebody else personally selected that movie and thought it was very good and it was probably very personal to them and they hoped that everyone else would love it as much as they did.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I like Glory well enough. I'll have to find my list and post it, but Elephant Man was my number one.

Aguirre and L'Avventura are generally regarded as real good films, just the wrong crowd here.

Here's my voting list.

1 American Graffiti
2 Rebecca
3 The Elephant Man
4 The Station Agent
5 L'Avventura
6 In the Mood For Love
7 Aguirre,The Wrath of God
8 Out of the Blue
9 Glory
10 Shallow Grave
11 Hedwig Angry Inch

Here was my list:

1. The Elephant Man
2. L'Avventura
3. In the Mood for Love
4. American Graffiti
5. Glory
6. Station Agent
7. Rebecca
8. Aguirre, the Wrath of God
9. Out of the Blue
10. Hedwig and the Angry Inch
11. Shallow Grave

The bottom 3 were genuine dislikes, and I wasn't the biggest Aguirre fan. Then 7 through 5 are fairly enjoyable. 4-1 I really enjoyed.

Well, it looks like there's a little bit of outrage over The Station Agent winning, which is funny, lol.

I mean, I understand a lot of people think all of these aesthetic things when it comes to a film's worthiness such as editing, cinematography, music, performances, and what I see the most being groveled at is a complicated and exotic or shocking story. I guess The Station Agent had not too much of any of that, depending on who you ask. I am glad it won. I wasn't expecting it to. I may have had a slight suspicion once I saw that everyone seemed to generally like it, but had no idea it would take this HOF. Very cool!

At the end of the day I think it resonated because it wasn't all of these things that usually accompany a studious film enthusiast. It's simple and kind of funny, and to me, endearing and highly rewatchable. It's one of my favorite films and I am very happy that y'all liked it, too! I think it did deserve to win. Life is complicated enough for some, that at times you just need a good and quiet film to unwind to. I also think that age plays a part. I probably wouldn't have thought much of this film in my early 20's, just being honest. That's who I was. Once I hit 30 and up, my whole taste changed. But that's just me. I'm only mentioning this because I'm not oblivious to why someone would not consider this film "worthy" or whatever.

But...ahhh (tucks thumbs in belt line of pants and sniffs with a cocky sigh as leaning back and forth slowly like Mr. Furley from Three's Company)......it did.

Some of you people are so rude! You do realize that somebody else personally selected that movie and thought it was very good and it was probably very personal to them and they hoped that everyone else would love it as much as they did.
I agree to a certain extent, but at the same time when people sign up for these things, they need to remember that there's a chance people are going to hate the film they've chosen. They also need to remember that it is the film being criticized and not them.

L'Avventura got whooped in this. Like, legit all around hate. I think the only one who didn't hate on it was probably Citizen.

L'Avventura got whooped in this. Like, legit all around hate. I think the only one who didn't hate on it was probably Citizen.
I liked L'Avventura, and very glad to have seen it. It will get a
when I review it.

I think a lot of the films had a couple people who loved them, and a couple people who hated them.

The only film that no one hated was The Station Agent. It won by appealing to the overall group.

Here's the votes for it:
The Station Agent
2x 1st place
3x 3rd place
2x 4th place
1x 5th place
2x 6th place
1x 9th place

BTW any of the other noms can be nominated again. Maybe second time is a charm?

Great job hosting (CR), winning (Joel), and finishing (everyone else). I thought for sure the winner would be either Rebecca or The Elephant Man. However, I am happy that The Station Agent took it.

1. Out of the Blue
2. Rebecca
3. The Station Agent
4. Glory
5. Hedwig and the Angry Inch
6. Aguirre, the Wrath of God
7. American Graffiti
8. The Elephant Man
9. Shallow Grave
10. In the Mood for Love
11. L'Avventura

Actually, I want to add a few more things about my nom. I don't really consider me winning. The film did all of the work. But, I think the film is very important because it addresses the most important thing, friendship.

Let's say you've bottomed out with all of your old friends and your family drives you nuts. You feel alone, you just want to get away. You get a chance to escape to a nice place (not paradise, but nice) and focus on your hobby virtually stress-free. Then life comes knocking again and you get stressed out.

But after a little while you realize your shopping list of new friends have arrived and you share new moments with people who understand you. Maybe not everyone can relate to this, but I sure as hell can.

Here is my list:

11. Agguire, The Wrath of God
10. L'Avventura
09. In the Mood for Love
08. Shallow Grave
07. Rebecca
06. The Elephant Man
05. Out of the Blue
04. Glory
03. Hedwig and the Angry Inch
02. American Grafitti
01. The Station Agent

Let the night air cool you off
Hedwig is a great film, L'Avventura is a great film, American Graffiti is a great film, and Rebecca is a fan-f*cking-tastic film, and they were all first-time watches for this hall of fame. I am grateful for that. So there's a positive.

Here's my list

1. Aguirre Wrath of God
2. Rebecca
3. Glory
4. In the Mood For Love
5. Out of the Blue
6. The Station Agent
7. Elephant Man
8. American Graffiti
9. L'Aventurra
10. Shallow Grave
11. Hedwig and the Angry Inch

And also The Station Agent is way better than The Invisible Guest
Nothing good to say about Glory?

I don't really consider me winning. The film did all of the work.
Well said Joel.

If you look at the past winners info on the Hall of Fame archives thread, you'll see the movies that won and were inducted into the Hall of Fame... but there's no mention of the person's name who nominated them. It's all about the movies, the movie wins the Hof....not the person, just like you said

If you look at the past winners info on the Hall of Fame archives thread, you'll see the movies that won and were inducted into the Hall of Fame... but there's no mention of the person's name who nominated them. It's all about the movies, the movie wins the Hof....not the person, just like you said
I thought it was bad that the person's name wasn't mentioned.

I would want to be mentioned.

The host of the HOF gets their name mentioned.