Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Unregistered User
I gave 4 out of 5 as well. Glad you liked it, the interactions between Christian and Anne were one of my favorite things. Lots of interesting things all around this movie.

Cheers UV.
I was almost climbing the walls during the bedroom scene!

The Square (2017)

Tough one to describe here. My favourite thing about The Square was how awkward some of the scenes felt. Some of the interactions between Christian and Anne were beyond cringing. This was my third Ostlund and he really has a flair for portraying human behaviour, I cant wait to watch more from him. Obviously he raises so many questions with The Square, I'm probably not the person to delve into them though.

+

Glad I'm not the 9nly one who loved this but thought I 'm also not the one who should be trying to unpack it. I love how you said the awkwardness is what you loved about it. I dodn't say it that way but that describes my experience perfectly. You listen to the podcast about the film yet? If not, do so. Yoda, Slappy, and Neiba really get to the heart of it I think.

“I was cured, all right!”

I can't believe, I liked a film directed by Lynne Ramsay! What a pleasant surprise! I always recognized her techniques but never really liked her movies in general. This one definitely got me. Joaquin Phoenix was incredible!!

The One I Love (2014)

Very Twilight-Zone esque and really really funny. Duplass and Elizabeth Moss are both great as a married couple going through relationship problems, who attend a therapist, played by Ted Danson, that advises them to go away on a retreat together. From there on, it gets totally bizarre. The dialogue was great but as expected, it was the way Duplass plays out his lines that stole the show here.
+
Thanks for the tip. I enjoyed the movie. It was really just a light, sci-fi romantic comedy. The only drawback is the viewer's tendency to try to see how they filmed the duplicate characters.

Elisabeth Moss seems to be getting a lot of work lately. She has rather an "every woman" nature, and a pretty good range. It's the first I've seen of an Duplass Brothers productions. Their HBO series "Room 104" sounds like an Alfred Hitchcock or Rod Serling type of approach.

~Doc

Unregistered User
Glad I'm not the 9nly one who loved this but thought I 'm also not the one who should be trying to unpack it. I love how you said the awkwardness is what you loved about it. I dodn't say it that way but that describes my experience perfectly. You listen to the podcast about the film yet? If not, do so. Yoda, Slappy, and Neiba really get to the heart of it I think.

Not yet but I'm aware its there so I'll check it out. Cheers Sean

Unregistered User
Thanks for the tip. I enjoyed the movie. It was really just a light, sci-fi romantic comedy. The only drawback is the viewer's tendency to try to see how they filmed the duplicate characters.

Elisabeth Moss seems to be getting a lot of work lately. She has rather an "every woman" nature, and a pretty good range. It's the first I've seen of an Duplass Brothers productions. Their HBO series "Room 104" sounds like an Alfred Hitchcock or Rod Serling type of approach.

~Doc

Glad you enjoyed it. I've pretty much enjoyed everything that Duplass has been involved in, from Creep to Blue Jay (reminded by Sean). I've not seen or heard of Room 104.

Glad you enjoyed it. I've pretty much enjoyed everything that Duplass has been involved in, from Creep to Blue Jay (reminded by Sean). I've not seen or heard of Room 104.
Room 104 is ok. I'm halfway through season 1 and it's hit and miss. some great episodes. some stinkers.

Downsizing

If Ngoc Lan didn't want to go to Norway .. I would have gave this film a 0...it was that bad... but Ngoc Lan did indeed want to go to Norway. special time

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"

Surge of Power: Revenge of the Sequel (Rating: B) - This sequel to the 2006 indie LGBTQ superhero film Surge of Power: The Stuff of Heroes is a fun take on the superhero genre. The out and proud titular hero is likable enough without overdoing it with the stereotypes (save for a few scenes from supporting characters). Eric Roberts is having fun as supervillain Augur, who hires Surge's arch nemesis, Metal Master, to find a rare item for him in Vegas, prompting Surge to follow him and stop him. Loads of cameos/appearances from over 50 stars of superhero/sci-fi/comic entertainment. I'd rather watch this again than say... Superhero Movie. There is a cliffhanger that leads to a current in production third film.

I saw "The Post", with Meryl Streep and Tom Hanks. It was quite good.

Tomb Raider. 7/10. This is one of the most well-developed video games movies I've seen, even if the story elements are occasionally familiar.

Not bad. Mia Farrow excellent. Woody in his Bergman phase.

Notorious (194x) -