2017 MoFo Film Awards

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I was also shocked that Get Out did not get a nomination in the screenplay category, it missed out by one or two votes I think. Had I voted, it would have gotten my vote to be nominated and win.

Also sad to see that Dafne Keen lost out on Breakthrough Performance, again by one or two votes.

Once I saw the acting categories match up with Oscars I thought that people would be extremely annoyed. Everyone is upset that it lines up, but people still vote for these performances. I haven't seen The Darkest Hour, but Oldman wasn't in the running to be nominated until a last minute surge in votes, then he ends up winning? Alright.

Sometimes I ask myself if the Oscar wins cloud people's judgement on the nominations.

Suspect's Reviews

I was also shocked that Get Out did not get a nomination in the screenplay category, it missed out by one or two votes I think. Had I voted, it would have gotten my vote to be nominated and win.

Also sad to see that Dafne Keen lost out on Breakthrough Performance, again by one or two votes.

Once I saw the acting categories match up with Oscars I thought that people would be extremely annoyed. Everyone is upset that it lines up, but people still vote for these performances. I haven't seen The Darkest Hour, but Oldman wasn't in the running to be nominated until a last minute surge in votes, then he ends up winning? Alright.

Sometimes I ask myself if the Oscar wins cloud people's judgement on the nominations.
Thanks for the awesome work you did there.

One suggestion I shall give is to have this done before Oscars perhaps, so it won't seem like people are influenced by major awards results.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I think just being nominated for Oscars clouds people's judgements. Or at least it influences which films they will see which then weights things towards the Oscar nominees.

Having the awards too early would also mean that many of the films that come out later in the year might not even be available to a lot of people.

For example, The Shape of Water didn't start playing here until the second week of February, and we never did get Call Me By Your Name.

I didn't vote. I didn't follow the thread. I didn't look at who won what. I saw someone mention The Last Jedi won most dissapointing, who cares. Blade Runner won best movie, I didn't even watch it. This whole thing is a complete waste of time.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Good job again TUS! I havent given this my full attention yet but thanks again for another awesome year. I will have a bigger and better look through now.

I didn't vote. I didn't follow the thread. I didn't look at who won what. I saw someone mention The Last Jedi won most dissapointing, who cares. Blade Runner won best movie, I didn't even watch it. This whole thing is a complete waste of time.

Lol, you didn't watch the video did you?

I missed this, rats!

I'm glad Blade Runner 2049 won. I've the choices, I'd only seen Dunkirk and The Shape of Water and didn't care for either. Congratulations Usual Suspect on a great job!

It was perhaps because the majority of votes split between Pattinson, Day-Lewis, and Chalamet. If the category wasn't so divisive, Churchill probably would've fallen to someone more deserving.

Oldman kinda became the winner by default *shrugs*
Vice President
358 Exchange Place New York, N.Y. 10099 FAX 212 555 6390 TELEX : () 4534