Favorite cult horror movies?

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I'm sure I've seen that but cant quite remember it.

Also, can't forget about this classic.

Now that's a poster that belongs in the JayDee poster thread.

The most loathsome of all goblins
Also, can't forget about this classic.
Good old Jim Wynorski. It's not a horror film, but if you haven't already, check out another of his movies called The Lost Empire. It very amusing, think Enter the Dragon meets He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, but with T & A.

Good old Jim Wynorski. It's not a horror film, but if you haven't already, check out another of his movies called The Lost Empire. It very amusing, think Enter the Dragon meets He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, but with T & A.

I haven't seen it, but you had me hooked with Masters of the Universe, but with T&A. I'm all over that! Thanks for the recommendation!

What would you classify as "cult horror"? Just obscure stuff?
I think obscurity definitely has something to do with it. I guess I consider a "cult" horror movie as a movie that found a fanbase long after its initial release. Definitely something out of the mainstream.

MC for the Great Underground Circus
here's another one Wes Craven's Invitation to Hell

There's just one glorious moment in the entire movie [for aesthetics value] that made it memorable for me, later in the 3rd act.

You can check it on Youtube.

Another of my personal favorites

Lots of good stuff going on in this movie. Some not so good. But the whole idea is well conceived [the dreams, the connection to astronomical events]

memorable line: "Hello? Hello? I've got a message from you and you're not going to like it. Pray for death"

I think obscurity definitely has something to do with it. I guess I consider a "cult" horror movie as a movie that found a fanbase long after its initial release. Definitely something out of the mainstream.
Thanks for clarifying.

I guess Zulawski's horror films would work considering they're relatively obscure and were often suppressed for being too radical. Possession (1981) has become relatively popular with a 4k restoration and blu ray rereleases. I like The Devil (1972) at least as much, if not more, and haven't seen The Third Part of Night (1971) yet. The performances he gets out of his actors are convincingly psychotic.

I'd feel bad taking all these suggestions and not giving any, so...

Bloody Birthday (1981)

Eaten Alive (1976)

Re-Animator
Bride of Re-Animator
Frankenhooker

I don't actually wear pants.
I haven't seen Title. I couldn't find it, either.

Is Texas Chain Saw Massacre a cult horror? I've never been clear on the definition of "cult", as it changes from person to person, and I don't know how to define it myself, but I understand it is. According to the dictionary, it's a "small devoted following", so I guess nothing popular can be considered a "cult" film because it wouldn't have a "small" following.

Unregistered User

Combat Shock (1984)

Its listed as horror but I'm not so sure. Its a bout a Vietnam vet who struggles to adjust back into society. If you're looking for something positively bleak, then give this a go.

This should clarify the term "cult horror". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cult_film

My three favorites:
Plan 9 From Outer Space (so bad it's good)
Repulsion
The Haunting (1963)