The 4th Short Film Hall of Fame

Tools    

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
I thought about joining and nominating a Buster Keaton short, but I just can't handle my load right now.

Cool to see The Mystery of the Leaping Fish nominated, it's a weird ass film. I'll be rooting for the Hertzfeldt short, but I doubt it will have much success.
You should have joined so you could put my nom on top of your list!!!!

You can't win an argument just by being right!
That Paperman video linked is not the full thing, it says 6 minutes but stops a minute in.
There's another. That happened to me as well

I wasn't sure what it was meant to be about. Gluttony perhaps.

Paperman has better animation. Reminded me a bit of fantasia animation.

With paperman I found a Spanish version. Will link whenci get home if you haven't found it.

Lol at your spoiler for dust. I thought exactly the same on all your points. Rip to a magnificent actor. What a loss.

What did you think of paperman.

Lol at your spoiler for dust. I thought exactly the same on all your points. Rip to a magnificent actor. What a loss.

What did you think of paperman.
I posted about it, second post on this page
Oops I'm on my phone and missed it. Very cute short.

Giant God Warrior Appears in Tokyo

Damn, this looks stunning!!! It's a Ghibli production so I was with my hopes pretty high but I surely wasn't expecting this!

WARNING: "spoiler" spoilers below
I love the fact that the explosions of the buildings and streets were not CGI, but real explosions, gave it an awesome look. And the giants are freaking scary.

Also, I loved how the seven days of destruction were based on the seven days of creation.

The only bad part about this it's that it's too short! I wanted it to continue!!!

This will do well on this HoF, I think!

That Giant God attacks Tokyo or whatever it is called link doesn't work for me. It says remove adblock then once i do it keeps saying so , i'll look for it elsewhere.
That's weird, I just watched it there with a pretty good quality! :/

Nah, tried various different things and it's telling me i'm using Adblock and every other link i found doesn't have subs. I'll try to get it working later and if worst comes to worst i'll watch it without subs, it's only 7 minutes and with that title i doubt the story is that important.
Have you tried changing your browser?

Dust

Another one with a huge surprising at the end.

WARNING: "HUGE SPOILER" spoilers below
I was expecting everything except Alan Rickman being an addicted toothfairy!!!!!

There isn't much to say that isn't spoiling this, but it's a really nice short movie!

The Ventriloquist

A tale about a man that lives in the shadow of his puppet. I loved the ending, and Kevin Spacey is quite goot in this, as obvious!!!

Peace on Earth

A charming cartoon, that may have been pretty scary for kids at that time. WW II was about to start so this must have created some impact.
I found the ending, with the bible thing a little bit preachy but in general I quite liked it! The soundtrack is cute!!

11 watched, 9 to go!

Peace on Earth. That sure sneaks up on you. Beautiful animation.

I haven't watched anything yet. I do remember an animated short that I seen once on a DVD extra, about the end of the world brought on by fighting and I recall mice in a bombed out church...was there such a scene in Peace on Earth?

I haven't watched anything yet. I do remember an animated short that I seen once on a DVD extra, about the end of the world brought on by fighting and I recall mice in a bombed out church...was there such a scene in Peace on Earth?
Old school animation but with squirrels? That would be it. It's from 1939. Very well done I thought, but I agree with neibs it would have been pretty scary back then for little kids.

Squirrels, could be what I was thinking of. I will watch it soon and see. If it's the same one that I recall, I was very impressed with it! I've never seen another animated short like it. Now! I'm very curious to watch it.

I'm changing my nom as, Make a Wish isn't available online. It's too bad as Make a Wish is a wonderful Palestinian film about two young girls, sisters...who set out to buy a birthday cake for their mother. It's quite well done, but not available unless you can get the DVD of Amreeka (2009)

So I am replacing it with:
The Cameraman's Revenge (1912) - 13 min.

The Ventriloquist. Anything with Spacey is a good thing. Great choice, gbg.

How many have you watched Dani?
7 or 8 I think. Just making a coffee then will watch the monster in tokyo one. I'm really enjoying this, camo.