50's HoF - Part Two

Tools    

Chappie doesn't like the real world
If you want a particular pic being posted you can send it to me or else I'll just use the movie poster. About the description, I'm not very strict about it, if someone wants to write something I'll post it together with the film name and poster. Of the nominations received so far none had a description and that's still ok, so your call!

And yes, any 50s movie is eligible!
On the past 50s HoF, Friendly Mushroom asked for people avoiding any essential 50s HoF so that people could find more hidden gems but we all decided that on this one we would put no limits on what people wanted to nominate.
I'm still confused as to what qualifies a movie to be essential. Is that a list or something?

I'll have my nom to you later tonight. I hope no one else nominated it.

Godoggo, if I understand correctly we can enter any movie made in the 1950s. It doesn't have to be essential (well known) it can be a lesser known hidden gem (that's what I entered).

Woody Allen is a pedophille
Godoggo, if I understand correctly we can enter any movie made in the 1950s. It doesn't have to be essential (well known) it can be a lesser known hidden gem (that's what I entered).
I also entered a more lesser known film, or at least I haven't seen it on anyone's movie lists.

Cool Nope, I look forward to your movie. The last 50s Hof we had awesome films, all of them had something in them that I liked. I think this one will be great too. I have a hunch what will win, but we'll have to see if it gets entered or not.

If I have the nominations of everyone by tomorrow, what do you guys think of starting this thing one day sooner?
I'm ready now.

Woody Allen is a pedophille
If I have the nominations of everyone by tomorrow, what do you guys think of starting this thing one day sooner?
Yeah, and if people want to join in afterwards, let 'em.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Reveal the noms now, I don't even know why there is a need for a reveal.
I'm not going to speak for anyone else, but when I used to run HoFs I had a couple of reasons for waiting and revealing them all at once. Firstly, I felt that if people just posted their nominations publicly it would influence how other people nominated. I wanted people to pick a movie that they felt was really deserving to be in a HoF and I was fearful of "my movie would never beat that" type of thinking. Secondly, I thought it was more fun to do it that way.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Here's the compacted list, if anyone is interested!

All About Eve
(1950, Joseph L. Mankiewicz)
Detective Story
(1951, William Wyler)
The Steel Helmet (1951, Samuel Fuller)
Strangers on a Train
(1951, Alfred Hitchcock)
The Band Wagon
(1953, Vincente Minnelli)
The Hitch-Hiker
(1953, Ida Lupino)
Tokyo Story (1953, Yasujirô Ozu)
I Vitelloni (1953, Federico Fellini)
Dial M for Murder
(1954, Alfred Hitchcock)
12 Angry Men
(1957, Sidney Lumet)
The Big Country (1958, William Wyler)

Seen All About Eve, Strangers on a Train, Tokyo Story, Dial M For Murder and 12 Angry Men. The only one i'm not a big fan of is All About Eve, two maybe three of the other four are locks for my 50s list and they all have a chance of making it.

Of the others i'm most interested in I Vitteloni. Firstly because 8 1/2 is one of my favourite ever films and also because i read that Kubrick named it his favourite film and other major directors cited its influence over them.