Neiba's All-Time Top 100 (2015 Edition)

→ in
Tools    

Master of My Domain
Rep for IAMMMW, which is a great movie because it's over-the-top and bloated.

So far... not really impressed.. sorry Neiba... but we have to divorce............. unless your list gets better.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible

Big Bad Wolves

Aharon Keshales
Israel

Maniacs are afraid of maniacs.

One of my guilty pleasures.
You remember the ear scene on Reservoir Dogs? Imagine it being streched for almost 2 hours with the same kind of gore, dark humour and cool soundtrack and you'll have something really similar to Big Bad Wolves.

Tarantino described it as the best film of 2013. It's not. It's not a masterpice, or even a great movie for that matter, mainly because it never seems to decide if it's a heavy drama, a dark comedy or a horror movie.
But it's damn funny and a hell of a ride if you like to be entertained while a man is tortured. Twisted.

So far... not really impressed.. sorry Neiba... but we have to divorce............. unless your list gets better.
There's some movies you'll like near the top of my list, so just relax!

There's some movies you'll like near the top of my list, so just relax!
Ok because I will ask...

Oh I should check out the one you just posted... sounds like something I might enjoy.... but you need to watch more of my recommendations!

We should do a commentary on this one someday
yes we should... but I will have to find a streaming site for it...

When did you marry in the first place?
I guess you dont know how many times Neiba has proposed to me..

You never proposed Mr Minio...

I didn't like Big Bad Wolves at all; the comedic element just didn't work for me. I'd try it again though.
If there's someone I thought would like this around here, besides MG, it was you cricket. But I understand that critic, though the comedy totally works on me. As I said, I don't think it can be called a great movie, it's too uneven. A guilty pleasure.

If there's someone I thought would like this around here, besides MG, it was you cricket. But I understand that critic, though the comedy totally works on me. As I said, I don't think it can be called a great movie, it's too uneven. A guilty pleasure.
Im not crazy about comedies..... I hate american comedies.. but enjoy French and Danish dark comedies...

Im not crazy about comedies..... I hate american comedies.. but enjoy French and Danish dark comedies...
Trust me, this is not a comedy. It only has some Dark humour, a bit like Green Butchers only a bit more raw.

Trust me, this is not a comedy. It only has some Dark humour, a bit like Green Butchers only a bit more raw.
Ok because you know I enjoyed The Green Butchers as well as Anders Thomas Jensen's other dark comedy films...

One other thing I didn't like about Big Bad Wolves was that it always seemed to be bright. Even in the basement, there was that bright light. I thought that it took away from what should have been a gloomy atmosphere.

Django

Sergio Corbucci
Italy

Can you hear this?

One of the two non-Leone spaghetti westerns that really have impact on me (the other one is The Great Silence) and one of the founding fathers of the subgenre.
It has not the detail perfection of Leone's westerns - you will often see a 6-bullet-gun firing 10 times in a row - but it's deadly accurate on what it tries to do. It's bitter, dirtier and colder that Leone's masterpieces but in no way less grandious.
Franco Nero is amazing as Django, a deadlier and more supernatural version of Eastwood's Man with No Name and the soundtrack composed by Bacalov creates a great atmosphere that Corbucci uses masterfully!