A thread about monogamy, relationships, and other stuff like that

Tools    

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
One thing I'd add is that many people gave up on the notion of love, so they figure they might as well get something, so sex it is.
That would be true if we were talking about "old" people already disillusioned with love. However, this approach is seen throughout some "young" people, too. They would rather party and hang out with somebody "fun" than try and build something serious. Their obsession with virginity is no smaller than that of prudes, but while these puritans would take keeping their virginity to its extremes, they would psych about losing it. As fast as possible.

But even among more moderate, relationship-oriented people, I rarely find understanding. When among people, I don't speak, I just sit there silently and make people think I feel bad, or I'm depressed while in reality, that's just the way I am. So, of course, I rarely go out, because I don't really find any enjoyment in such gatherings. Face to face meetings are fine.

I think sex might be ego; wanting to see if you are accepted by an attractive woman.
Yeah, I want to be accepted, but I see acceptance as something different than sex. I want to be accepted, understood, respected and eventually loved. But none of this has anything to do with sex.

a woman gives in, a man might feel like he "won".
Well, this is worthless to me if there is no love.

I prefer to live alone. There's probably a 0% chance I would ever be in a relationship
Same here, bro, I feel ya. I actually was in a relationship, but I doubt I will ever be in one again. Not any time soon, anyway. I doubt I can find that again. Back in the day I already knew it was my only chance. And that's partly because I've changed too much. I've gotten accustomed to my single life too much. I'm not the person I once was. And also I'm way too idealistic, even though in a realistic sense of the word.

matt:
I'm picky with everything, especially people I'm going to spend time with.
also matt:
I will pay anybody who wants to watch movies with me!

Haha! GOTCHA!

people talk about goals, and most of them are only interested in money, maybe sex
Yeah, I'm really shocked how money-oriented people are. I guess if you'd been starving in your childhood, it's fair you want to have a proper pay, but come on! Money is not the most important thing. I'm probably biased, but I also think women are more money-oriented than men, or at least the women I know! Girls, if you and your boyfriend are in financial trouble, you sell all your dresses, not break up with him and find a richer man!

but one Italian girl I met in Australia (shyly) said she would want to get married and have a family. I was shocked because I never heard ANYONE say that
Well, I'm a lost cause with such traditional girls, too, because I don't want to have kids.

I wonder how much the movies set people up for failure.
Everybody has different expectations. It's not really the movies that set people up for failure, but people set people up for failure. The fact I'm an idealist doesn't mean I believe there will never be any problems, but that I believe if there is enough love, then the problems can be overcome.

I take art more important than everything, and for those early, idealistic movies from the 1930-70s I've seen, I can see how it distorts fantasy and reality
Well, these films are beautiful, and not just such old ones. Of course, you could nitpick and cynically say things like most of them end after the couple got together, but what's gonna happen after a year or two -- are they still gonna be together? But that's not really the point. The films are supposed to fulfill your dreams. That's something I learnt from the films of Nobuhiko Obayashi. So yes, I use films just like that.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

I can’t understand people who want to have sex.
LOL. Gets my prize for most interesting statement of the day.

You ready? You look ready.
LOL. Gets my prize for most interesting statement of the day.
I try to deliver.

But seriously, I identify as asexual. So I can relate with a lot of what @Mr Minio is saying. It's hard enough finding someone to settle/marry/grow with when the majority of people are just interested in getting laid. It's even worse in cities like mine where everyone is repressed. No lie, my city is super queer and super repressed. So you get a lot of guys that are married that are looking for a little queer piece on the side. Rather than accept that they're gay/bi/whatever they just marry one of the first people they date and then run around behind their back. IMHO, it's ****ing disgusting. People need to give more respect to their partners or embrace being old and sexless.

This is a big reason why I don't even bother trying to date because I know most people are looking for sex on the second or third date. I don't even want it on the twentieth or thirtieth date!

This is a big reason why I don't even bother trying to date because I know most people are looking for sex on the second or third date. I don't even want it on the twentieth or thirtieth date!
Interesting post. May I ask what you think about orgasms generally? Something that doesn’t interest you or something you take care of by yourself?

Interesting post. May I ask what you think about orgasms generally? Something that doesn’t interest you or something you take care of by yourself?
Oh geez, the stories I’m not going to tell here. haha

I honestly don’t even think about them. Occasionally ya just gotta do it because like curse of humanity. Otherwise you’d just go insane and do something weird and highly illegal.

I’m not a monster.

Oh geez, the stories I’m not going to tell here. haha

I honestly don’t even think about them. Occasionally ya just gotta do it because like curse of humanity. Otherwise you’d just go insane and do something weird and highly illegal.

I’m not a monster.
It surely was an impertinent question.

If this is the only thing stopping you, then maybe try looking for some place for asexuals to hang out. Is there any dating site exclusively for asexuals? Is there a way to only display other asexuals in some dating apps? If there isn't, there is a great business pitch. Businessmen who read MoFo, get to it! And while you're at it, make one that only displays traditional-but-not-bigot Asian girls pleeeaseee ;_;
Otherwise you’d just go insane and do something weird and highly illegal.
Like using a pick to play the bass?

If this is the only thing stopping you, then maybe try looking for some place for asexuals to hang out. Is there any dating site exclusively for asexuals? Is there a way to only display other asexuals in some dating apps? If there isn't, there is a great business pitch. Businessmen who read MoFo, get to it! And while you're at it, make one that only displays traditional-but-not-bigot Asian girls pleeeaseee ;_;
I have no idea. I am sure there are sites such as that but my area is just sexed up married queers. Besides, asexuals are boring.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Besides, asexuals are boring.
Try being more boring than me! You shall not win this battle! I'm extremely unboring, but boring people think I'm boring, because they can't comprehend my superiority
First thing I think of when someone says they're asexual is "I wonder if they get a lot more done than the rest of us."
I'd be way past 15k watched films, no doubt!

I just have more time to waste.
That reminds me of an old joke:

- You spend so much money on cigarettes! If you stopped smoking, you could buy a Ferrari after 5 years!
- Do you smoke?
- No
- Then where's your Ferrari?

I am sure there are sites such as that but my area is just sexed up married queers. Besides, asexuals are boring.
Can it be called a “dating” site if only asexuals use it? I mean, do asexuals date? One wonders what would be the point.

First thing I think of when someone says they're asexual is "I wonder if they get a lot more done than the rest of us."
Depends how you define “get a lot more done”. Seems to me that sexual beings get a heck of a lot “done”.