The 3rd Short Film Hall of Fame

Tools    

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
The last 2 Short HoF had 13 and 10 participants each... I feel shorts should be more valued around Mofo, but it is what it is!

It's August 1st already here in Portugal but I'll announce the nominations tomorrow morning, just in case there's some last-minute entry!

Looking forward to this one, my film is not going to win but I'm pretty sure I'm the only person on the forum who has seen it so it'll get some exposure.

The last 2 Short HoF had 13 and 10 participants each... I feel shorts should be more valued around Mofo, but it is what it is!
Well I don't usually like shorts very much because they lack the time required to develop characters. In a sense short films are just too short to be substitutes for literature, while longer films and TV series are more adequate medium for escapism in the form of narrative.

Well I don't usually like shorts very much because they lack the time required to develop characters. In a sense short films are just too short to be substitutes for literature, while longer films and TV series are more adequate medium for escapism in the form of narrative.
I disagree! Art in the form of cinema doesn't have to be all about character development or story telling.
Besides, what about written short stories? You don't like them either?

Sent my nomination. I don't expect this one to win (or even do great) at all, but even if only one person likes it and explores its director because of it, I'll be glad.
Same here

AND IT'S VIEW TIME!!!

We had a last minute entry! Kaplan sent me a message while I was editing the OP which brings us to 11 participants!!!

The nominations are posted in the OP, as well as the deadline!

If anyone doesn't agree with the Youtube link or the picture I chose, feel free to tell me and we'll choose another.

I didn't find links to some of the shorts, if anyone does please share!

I didn't watch anything before the dealine so I have the same time as you guys. Of the ones I know or heard something about, I think we will have a very strong HoF!

Enjoy,

Neiba

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Interesting selection this time around. I've seen only three of these before, but since they are shorts I'm sure I could give them a rewatch.

Who nominated Ashes? The only one besides my own I've seen is Trip to the Moon, which is on Netflix now, and I had been thinking of rewatching anyway.

So, my expectations:

A Trip to the Moon is a classic, a short I can't stop admiring and definitely one worthy of being in a HoF!

I heard the first time about Night & Fog through Mark f, somewhere in this forum but I didn't have time to see it! I'm a sucker for Holocaust related films and when mark f and Sane recommend you something, it has to be good! It's the one I'm most curious about.

Tale of Tales is also a short I love! It has that russian spirit I admire on their art!

I didn't know any of the other choices but I can honestly say I am incredibly curious about all of them! They all seem to be really great choices!

I think we might have a really good HoF there! Thanks everyone for joining!

I think they a bit shorter than it's supposed too! But I found the link to Two & Two!

Ashes is 20 minutes long, that one is justa fragment. :/

Including my own I've seen 5: Elefante, A Trip to the Moon, Tale of Tales, Night and Fog, and Pas De Deux. All great, in fact my nomination might be my least favorite of the five

Apart from mine I've seen A Trip to the Moon, Ashes and Interior Design - although I will rewatch the last one because whilst that picture looks familiar I don't really remember it.

Looking forward to starting on these

I began with the shorter ones:

Guard Dog (2004)

A weirdly funny film with a taste of dark humor and irony! I loved this kind of animation, a bit messy!
It definitely makes me want to check more work about the director so, mission accomplished Cobpyth!

Two & Two (2011)

The subliminal message is very clear! It tells a bit how revolutions start! The shooting scene is very good, I loved that all had imaginary weapons but you could still hear the sound! I also loved those 2 final seconds: you can't kill an idea.
It could be a little longer!

+

I heard the first time about Night & Fog through Mark f, somewhere in this forum but I didn't have time to see it! I'm a sucker for Holocaust related films and when mark f and Sane recommend you something, it has to be good! It's the one I'm most curious about.
Out of all the documentaries I have seen on the Holocaust, which has been a lot.. I think "Night and Fog" turned my stomach more than any of them.