Musical
23.08%
12 votes
Noir
23.08%
12 votes
War
52 votes. You may not vote on this poll

You can only vote once, so how some of you are claiming you voted for multiple entries I do not get? But as you were.
I think we probably should have read Yoda's post first. I believe we could have picked multiple choices. I missed out as well.

I think we probably should have read Yoda's post first. I believe we could have picked multiple choices. I missed out as well.
Also, polls with checkboxes usually allow multiple choices. The ones that don't tend to have round selections. It's been like this since the dawn of the internet.

I voted for four of them: Comedy, Musical, Noir, War

I didn't vote for Foreign Language as it could end up being a multi regional countdown and that's too much work and I wouldn't want to participate in that.

I voted for four of them: Comedy, Musical, Noir, War

I didn't vote for Foreign Language as it could end up being a multi regional countdown and that's too much work and I wouldn't want to participate in that.
Not a fan of the idea but how is it more work?

Re: multiple votes. Yeah, radio buttons are exclusionary (clicking on one deselects the others), but checkboxes mean multiple votes. Should be labeled as such, too (lemme know if a label is missing on mobile, perhaps?).

Anyway, if someone voted for just one and didn't realize, just drop me a PM and I'll help.

Not a fan of the idea but how is it more work?
Didn't you see all that discussion about multi regional vs general Foreign language? Sounded like too much work for me. I haven't seen 25 Russian films or French or Italian, etc. So I could put together a 25 film ballot from specific regions.

Didn't you see all that discussion about multi regional vs general Foreign language? Sounded like too much work for me. I haven't seen 25 Russian films or French or Italian, etc. So I could put together a 25 film ballot from specific regions.
I see what you mean. I only watch movies for these I was already interested in. If I treated a list like homework I would stop participating anyway. I should be able to put together a list for any of the regions talked about, I just don't think the lists will be as interesting.

I think the genres have the same issues of not being deep enough. I will use Noir as an example because that would be my second choice. A 100 Noir list is going to really watered down.

I see what you mean. I only watch movies for these I was already interested in. If I treated a list like homework I would stop participating anyway. I should be able to put together a list for any of the regions talked about, I just don't think the lists will be as interesting.

I think the genres have the same issues of not being deep enough. I will use Noir as an example because that would be my second choice. A 100 Noir list is going to really watered down.
I was all for Foreign Language and was campaigning for it pretty hard. But then this multi regional idea came up and was discussed and discussed and discussed...and I just wasn't interested in diving in that deep. I'm married so I have to be diplomatic and allow my wife equal movie choosing time. I think a lot of MoFos are single so they can watch want they want when they want, but I only have a limited chance to watch select movies for any countdown so I have to get the most fun for my limited movie time.

I think that's cool that we get multiple choices, I voted for Comedy, Action and War

Welcome to the Dance: My Favorite 20 High School Movies
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...02#post2413502

Welcome to the human race...
Voted for foreign.

Imagine if you could do a preferential vote using all the available options ranked from 1 to 6.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I think that's cool that we get multiple choices, I voted for Comedy, Action and War
you mean new-war?

nono. don't get up. I'm already seeing myself out....

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Imagine if you could do a preferential vote using all the available options ranked from 1 to 6.
Yeah, Ranked Choice (or some variant of it). Not sure any forum software has that built-in by default, let alone older ones like this, but it's something we could do by hand.

I feel like it's probably not necessary this time, but I was toying with the idea, and it wouldn't be an insane amount of work or anything, depending on specifics (IE: do we do it like the lists themselves, or do we do it where you remove the bottom option and move votes up and recalculate, etc).

Welcome to the human race...
Don't worry, I won't insist upon it. It'll just end up being a matter of holding a fresh poll again around this time next year with one fewer choice.

you mean new-war?

nono. don't get up. I'm already seeing myself out....
Nope I mean war as in if none of my picks win

I voted just for foreign. My ranking of all 6 options would be:

1. Foreign
2. Noir
3. Musical
4. Comedy
5. Action
6. War

I plan on participating no matter what wins.

Hrm.
I think I'll sit this count out, but I'd be interested in a Noir list to use as my own watchlist. I have little experience there. I guess a close second would be Foreign Language for the same reason. No votes from me as I don't want to affect the count knowing I likely won't participate, but I'm eager to see what people target.
lol I can see you making a vote at the last few minutes when the poll ends