Neiba thread

Tools    

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Hey everyone,

So, I've been less active around here and I've been watching less movies than usually because I've been focusing on my development as a classical singer.

Because I love this place and I love to come here everyday even if I'm not watching as many movies as I should, I thought about creating a thread where I could post the latest developments about my still small career.

Hope you guys like it!

So, the school year is over. I finished my first year of the Masters in Artistic Performance in Porto, Portugal.

On the one hand, it wasn't the year I was expecting to be, after I had a big break the year before. I didn't have many public appearances as a soloist which made me lose some motivation at times. On the other hand, I had the opportunity to develop my singing with less pressure and I started a new job as a singing teacher and choir director which was quite exciting (though it's something I don't see myself doing forever).

I finish this year singing a lot better than how I started which makes me hope for a more active next year.

Have you guys ever listened to a singing lesson?

I have been working with a fantastic Dutch teacher from Amsterdam during the past week. The last of five lessons was today. Here's a small excerpt:

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0RsHRnYRmje

I really have to start filming them also, instead of just capturing the sound!

F*cking awesome dude, I wish you the best in your musical journey! I'll definitely keep a tab on this thread.

Some updates on the beggining of a new year:

I just started teaching in another school, which makes 3 schools. I'll teach choir classes and musical theory on this one, mainly to kids from 8-12.
So, adding all the schools I'm working on I have: 22 singing students (who have individual classes with me), 4 choirs with close to 100 students combined, and a class of 10 students of musical theory.

I'm also part of a new vocal ensemble that sings mostly polyphony wich is great because I missed singing this.
Here they are:

There are some projects that may appear in the next couple of weeks. I'm particularly excited to perform Monteverdi's Vespers with an ensemble formed by students and ex-students of my current university, but I'm not sure if I'll take part of it yet.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I wanted to make some creepy pedophile joke about clearing their throats for them to sing better, but I withdrew. I wish you luck, man!

Monteverdi is so good. I love Lamento della Ninfa.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

I wanted to make some creepy pedophile joke about clearing their throats for them to sing better, but I withdrew. I wish you luck, man!

Monteverdi is so good. I love Lamento della Ninfa.
Why do you think they sing amazingly well? Ok, this is wrong, let's stop!

Yeah, I sang the 3 voice chorus last year on the singing exam of a friend of mine! Amazing piece!