50's HoF - Part Two

Tools    

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Can't complain with that top 2. I think Tokyo should have been top 5 but oh well. Glad to see Strangers do so well, I thoroughly enjoyed my rewatch of it.

I'm happy but surprised to see The Big Country (1958) at #3.

Congratulations to GBG for winning!
...that means you now have to join the 11th Hof

Thank you! to Neiba for running this!...I know it's a lot of work, great job

Congrats to GB and thank you to Neiba for a perfect job as host!

That's the highest placement for one of my noms in a HoF. Special thanks to Mark for originally recommending that I watch The Big Country, and also picking it when I asked him his advice when I was having trouble deciding what to nominate here.

My list including dropouts-

1. The Big Country
2. Dial M for Murder
3. 12 Angry Men
4. All About Eve
5. Detective Story
6. Tokyo Story
7. The Killing
8. The Steel Helmet
9. Strangers on a Train
10. The Hitch-Hiker
11. I Vitelloni
12. The Band Wagon

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
I'm honestly not too surprised that "12 Angry Men" ended up number 1. I figured it would as soon as it was nominated. So, congratulations to Gbgoodies for that!

But I will say that I was very happy to see that "Dial M for Murder" did that well.

I was even happier to see that "The Big Country" ending up in third place. That is a very good film. And I love that two of William Wyler's films have done so well in back-to-back HoF's.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Here goes my list:

1. 12 Angry Men
  2. Dial M for Murder
  3. The Big Country
  4. Strangers on a Train
  5. Detective Story
  6. The Killing
  7. The Steel Helmet
  8. The Hitch-Hiker
  9. The Band Wagon
  10. Tokyo Story

So... who's ready for Part 3?

I would definitely partake in part 3 but I think Silents or Animation should be next
Personally I think instead of part 3, it should be 40's.

Also Neiba, thanks for hosting this. You did great!
Congrats to GBG! 12AM is truly wonderful.

Here's my list. Overall a great HoF.

1. Band Wagon
2. Strangers on a train
3. All about Eve
4. 12 angry men
5. The big country
6. Dial M for murder
7. The hitchhiker
8. The killing
9. The steel helmet
10. I Vitelloni
11. Tokyo story
12. Detective story

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
I was kidding about the Part 3, it would be nice if we had time before the Countdown,but that is less than a month away so I don't think it's very useful at this time!

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Thank You to everyone. I knew that 12 Angry Men had a very good chance to finish in the top 3, but there were so many great movies in this HoF that it wasn't a clear winner. I hope it does well in the '50's Countdown too.

I'm very happy to see that Dial M for Murder came in second place. It's been a favorite movie of mine for a long time.

Thank You to Neiba for running this HoF. It's one of my favorites so far.

Congratulations to GBG for winning!...that means you now have to join the 11th Hof
I never thought I would even have a chance to win one of these HoFs. Maybe now would be a good time for me to retire from the HoFs forever, and go out a winner.

This was my ranked list, but IMO, even the bottom movies were good movies. There wasn't a bad movie in this HoF:

1) 12 Angry Men (1957, Sidney Lumet)
2) Dial M for Murder (1954, Alfred Hitchcock)
3) Strangers on a Train (1951, Alfred Hitchcock)
4) The Killing (1956, Stanley Kubrick)
5) Detective Story (1951, William Wyler)
6) The Band Wagon (1953, Vincente Minnelli)
7) The Big Country (1958, William Wyler)
8) The Hitch-Hiker (1953, Ida Lupino)
9) The Steel Helmet (1951, Samuel Fuller)
10) Tokyo Story (1953, Yasujirô Ozu)

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
I never thought I would even have a chance to win one of these HoFs. Maybe now would be a good time for me to retire from the HoFs forever, and go out a winner.
That's how I felt with both the Scattergories Song Tournament and that last HoF, but I kind of think that no matter how hard I try to avoid them, I just keep getting pulled back in.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
That's how I felt with both the Scattergories Song Tournament and that last HoF, but I kind of think that no matter how hard I try to avoid them, I just keep getting pulled back in.

Yeah, I know what you mean. There's something addicting about these things.

Congrats gbg . 12 Angry Men is a worthy winner. I haven't seen most of these but out of the ones i had it would've been my #2 behind Tokyo Story and it would've been close.