Live Action Scooby Doo

Tools    

Didn't see it.
Freddie Prinze, Jr. and Sarah Michelle Gellar might appear together in a live-action version of Scooby Doo. The real-life couple would play Fred and Daphne.

It doesn't seem like many of these cartoon-based movies have been very good. What are some you liked? Does this movie interest you at all?

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
This movie only intrests me because I like the original Scooby Doo. If I saw an ad for this move and had never seen the show before, I probably wouldn't see it. I will see it though because I have seen the show

I might see it - I just hope they make it funny to all - not taking itself too seriously with some more "adult" jokes - I mean that in the way you sometimes find subtle jokes in Looney Toons cartoons that little kids would never get.

As for Prinze and Gellar - what the heck? Gellar has blonde hair, Daphne, I believe, has red/brownish hair. Fred (the character) has blonde hair, and Freddie (the actor) has black/dark brown hair. Sorry, but in this case I know you can find actors who appeal to the same age range, but actually LOOK like the characters they'll be playing!

Just hope that Scooby Doo is computer-generated - I can't image any other way working.

Velma. Velma is the mousy girl with glasses. Not Selma. Selma is a town in Alabama.

Didn't see it.
This is going to sound crazy, but they can bleach and dye actors and actresses hair. In fact, I doubt you know the true hair color of most actresses.

Freddie Prinze. Jr. is just wrong for Fred. The only thing he has in common with the character is his first name.

I guess I could see Gellar as Daphne, but I would pick someone else, personally. The hair color thing doesn't bother me so much, but Gellar is so short. Daphne should be taller. Only Velma is allowed to be very short.

Good point! Rumors are already floating around that Janine Garrafaleo (sp???) might be cast as Velma with a bunch of dye and makeup and padding, simply because she has the odd personality for it.

I wouldn't be terribly upset with the other choices, and yeah, I do realize lots of them dye their hair. I found out recently that Jenny McCarthy, for example, has naturally black hair. Odd, since she looked like a natural blonde.

That being said, it would looks weird to me to see those actors and actressses with dyed hair - I simply think there are better alternatives.