POLL: Sequel to the Most Exciting Sequel

Tools    

Didn't see it.
I thought we needed an updated Most Exciting Sequel Poll. I included the top two from the previous poll and added a few new ones.

Didn't see it.
I loved the Matrix and Terminator movies, but I'll have to say that I liked Silence of the Lambs better than both of them.

It will be directed by Ridley Scott who gave us:
Hannibal 2001
Gladiator 2000
G.I. Jane 1997
White Squall 1996
Thelma & Louise 1991
Black Rain 1989
Someone to Watch Over Me 1987
Legend 1985
Blade Runner 1982
Alien 1979
The Duellists 1977

It is going to star: Anthony Hopkins, Julianne Moore, Gary Oldman, Ray Liotta, Giancarlo Giannini, Frankie R. Faison, and Francesca Neri.

Julianne Moore is replacing Jodie Foster. Foster apparently rejected the role because she found it too grisly and not true to the character she played in the original. Hopkins and producer Dino De Laurentis were pretty mad because they did a complete rewrite to address her objections, and she still wouldn't budge.

I really like Hopkins, Moore, Oldman, and Liotta. Filming is complete. The release date is February 14, 2001. I can't wait.

I had to vote for Men In Black 2, mostly because Will Smith has been talking about how well written the script is. In an interview, he said that it should be even better than the first, and the way they bring "K" back is brilliant.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I voted for Hannibal. I read the book not to long ago and I just can't wait for them to turn it into a movie.

Yea the ending was the part of the book I didn't like. I think the only reason he wrote it was because no one expected it, so I'm glad they changed it for the movie.

That's the only reason? I'd expect more out of a sequel to such a classic book/movie.

Anyway, I confess that I have yet to *REALLY* see the first movie...I've heard about it and seen some, but yes, I know I really need to watch it and see for myself.

Female assassin extraordinaire.
Voted for Matrix 2. I'm more of a sci fi fan. Would have voted for T3 but without cameron it's not gonna be the same.

Hannibal - Actually I heard that Foster didn't want to do it cause she felt she'd explored all there was to explore with the character and that she could go no further. But obviously the author and the film creators think there's more to the story ... I just don't know how I could handle Moore in the part. She seems too pinched for it. She's a cross between Rene Russo and Michelle Pfeiffer. Pfieffer = too fragile; Russo = too slow.

A woman like that belongs in something like The End of the Affair but I just don't know about being hardened and vulnerable at the same time, like Clarice is. ANd something about how Foster played it ... Foster is too good. Anything less can't meet my expectations.

I could be wrong, but I think Foster said she didn't want to play the part because of what the character does in the second movie. I don't want to post any spoilers here for anyone, but she said she couldnt image her character doing that, and it wasn't show she wanted to play really.

I can handle Moore in the role, as long as Hopkins is his usual self.

How could you not of seen Silence of the Lambs? That is one of the best thriller movies ever made. Every actor in it is perfect. And the plot is good. The end scene just makes you think. Although I do think that American Psycho was a better movie. But Silence of the Lambs was a MUCH better book than American Psycho. American Psycho was simply disturbing and tramuatizing. It was so graphic. The movie was a lot better. Especially because they cut out over half of the scenes in the book. There is no way pictures could convey what happens in that book. Only your mind can picture such things. Whereas Silence of the Lambs was more of a mystery/thriller with a better plot.

Didn't see it.
Originally posted by TWTCommish
I could be wrong, but I think Foster said she didn't want to play the part because of what the character does in the second movie. I don't want to post any spoilers here for anyone, but she said she couldnt image her character doing that, and it wasn't show she wanted to play really.
They rewrote the script to address her complaints, and she still said no. I'm not saying she should have said yes, but it seems like she just didn't want to do it.

Didn't see it.
C'mon people! This board has 98 members, and only 5 voted. Where is everybody else? Stand up and be counted!

Aw heck, that's just the way it is. Out of all 98, here are all the members I count as reasonably active:

jamesglewisf
OG-
sunfrog
xboxfan
TWTCommish
ryanpaige
thmilin
PooPooMaster
Laurie L

That's 9 out of 98 - so 1 out of 11 or so sticks around after registration - fairly typical I'd say for most forums. That's just the way it goes.

I'll be sending out an email to recently inactive members in awhile through the forum's control panel to try to entice them back for another go.

I voted for Terminator 3 just because I've been looking forward to another Terminator movie for awhile now. It should be a pretty exciting movie, even though Cameron isn't going to direct.

News for ya Rodney: the bad guy Terminator will be a bad girl! That's right: expect Arnold to go, uh, man-to-man with a chick in T3. The chick, by the way, will have all the T1000 did, but more. I've heard she'll be able to, for example, turn herself into pure energy and such.

Didn't see it.
Arnold went man-to-man with a chick in the first one, didn't he?

Gee, I didn't know about all that. Thanks for telling me. The movie should still be entertaining, I guess. Anyways, thanks for that info.

I'm still looking forward to The Matrix 2 more than any of the others. Sorry, but it's just one dang cool movie! I've heard about some possible storylines, and I sure hope the one about Trinity being an agent all along isn't true - it really doesn't make much sense.