Coronavirus

Tools    

Account terminated on request
Adorable. Hmmmm..... I wonder if there's a psychological or visual development issue down the road with this.

"I panic when I put on glasses."
"I panic when my windshield fogs up."
"I panic at the sight of cut 2 liter soda bottles."
"My vision is all warped."
They'll say "I don't care if he's a poet or cowboy, so long as he's a nice guy. But oh, I'm so attracted to that bad guy over there."
Understand this last part, and you'll get them all.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
My roommate who only applied earlier this week got his yesterday.

My other roommate applied for EI back in the middle of March when her store closed due to the pandemic, and was automatically transferred to CERB and got her money yesterday as well.

I wasn't able to apply for EI until last week (since Indigo was paying employees for so long despite store closures), and thought I had to wait until I got a code in the mail. When I learned that wasn't the case, I applied yesterday.

Hopefully you don't have to wait too long. Did you at least get the extra boost to your GST cheque?

I owed $400.

Account terminated on request
"All my life I've felt like I was supposed to become a welder. I have no idea why."
OH THAT'S THE ONE I WAS WRACKING MY BRAINS FOR!

+1sville!

[b]They didn't mention casualty specifically, but did bring up "wounded". They pointed out that the massive number included commonalities like sprained ankles and sprained thumbs, both of which disable the combatant.
Another common error is to confuse “injured” and “wounded.” A combatant with a sprained ankle might not necessarily have been wounded. He may have drunk too much & fell out of bed, which would make it an injury.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ndt...akamai-rum=off

Other than 16 American handles , white house follows only 3 other handles on Twitter, and all three are Indian including pm modi. Nice to know!!

That's rough. I didn't know you wouldn't get the GST/HST rebates if you owed money on your tax return, since I've never made enough money to have to pay in.

Did you pay that $400 yet? Maybe that's delaying your CERB application from being processed? Or maybe the system's a little overwhelmed and my roommates were just lucky to be in the first batch of payouts.

I had to go to a couple of stores yesterday, talk about crowded! I guess it was because it was a Friday and before a holiday, and it was warm & sunny. Perhaps people had also gotten tired of sheltering in place and decided to go out shopping.

I went to Lowes and the damn line went down the front of the store and disappeared around the corner. To hell with that I thought, so I drove over to Home Depot which is just across the street and the same thing. No way were these people in line standing 6 feet apart, more like 3 or 4 feet at best.

I can't believe that is limiting the spread of coronavirus, not when you're forced to stand in a crowded line for an hour and almost no one had face coverings. I go to Lowes and Home Depot on a regular basis and I've never seen the store really crowded. I bet if a scientific study could be done about the effectiveness of limiting people into stores BUT making them stand in line for long periods, we might find that the lines cause more coronavirus transmissions than if people were allowed in the stores in the first place. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they have little Xs to stand on when going through check out, keeping people 6 feet apart, but outside they were pretty damn close together.

Had to wait in line only 5 minutes to get into Shaws and they were only letting 50 people in at a time. No line to get into Walmart or Stop and Shop, but I did have to wait in line for the bank inside Stop and Shop. Probably 75% of the people were wearing masks at all 3 stores, but I felt like I was the only one adhering to the one way aisles. Got everything I was looking for except butter spray and blueberry figs.

6 minutes of footage from The NY Times of a COVID19 hospital ward in the Bronx. Really brings it home what these people - staff & patients - are suffering.

https://www.nytimes.com/video/opinio...?smid=em-share

More evidence coming in that the initial wave as peaked. At first I worried that we all (meaning other states) had our own ramp-up after New York in store, and that might still be, but it's also possible by being a bit "behind" them we were able to act in time and might avoid anything like that.

My state, Pennsylvania, has a stay-at-home order through the end of the month, but I'm increasingly optimistic things can and will be loosened up in early May.

Guessing that Trump is itching to get us up & running by May 25 - Memorial Day. I would just as soon wait & take this slowly so as not to have a recurrence.

So glad that Modly fellow has resigned. What a tool. Went flying off to Guam with a hard-on for Captain Crozier & after insulting him he left within 30 minutes. Presuming we taxpayers paid for that round trip?
This is what we paid for the trip from DC to Guam: Mr. Modly boarded a Gulfstream business jet at an airfield in suburban Washington and made the 35-hour round-trip flight to Guam, at a cost of $243,116.65 He stayed 30 minutes with the Theodore Roosevelt & then left.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.times...w/74926907.cms

Pakistan denies food to Hindus as coronavirus rages .
This may be a simplistic question, but why don't the Hindus and Christians in Pakistan move to India? It's obvious they cannot be treated fairly under an Islamic system and will ultimately be targets for terrorism (as is true in Muslim-dominant countries in the Mid-East as well). So why not just leave and let Pakistan be a complete Muslim nation?

This was said today by the President and I find it downright scary, if this action was actually taken to it's climax, we could be talking about major civil conflict in the U.S. and a loss of democracy.

President Donald Trump declared he has “total” authority to order states to relax social distancing to combat the coronavirus outbreak and reopen their economies, and warned that governors who refuse would face political consequences.
Asked what provision gives the president the power to open or close state economies, Trump said: “Numerous provisions. We’ll give you a legal brief if you want.”
“The authority of the president of the United States having to do with the subject we’re talking about is total,” Trump said at a White House news conference on Monday. “I have the ultimate authority”...

Legal experts and some governors disputed Trump’s claim. The 10th Amendment to the Constitution reserves for states all powers that aren’t specifically granted to the federal government.

News Link:

Trump Declares He Has ‘Total’ Authority to Reopen After Virus

This was said today by the President and I find it down right scary, if this action was taken to it's climax you could be talking about major civil conflict in the U.S.

News Link:

Trump Declares He Has ‘Total’ Authority to Reopen After Virus
Different states have different variables, so I would leave it up to the Governors (that would also be the politically smart thing for Trump to do as his hands would be "clean" either way - responsibility for success or failure would fall upon the Governors).

Also... what is Trump going to lift? Haven't all state orders been issued by the states themselves anyway? (And aren't there a few states that have even chosen not to issue "stay at home" orders?)

As far as I know (and I may have missed something as I've not been following it too closely) no federal decree was made or national official "order" given (such as "martial law") was it?

And even the state orders seem more like guidelines that are vague and filled with so many exemptions it's hard to even regard them as "orders." So what exactly does Trump think he's going to do if nothing on the federal level has officially been issued?

I definitely feel like I missed something.