Coronavirus

Tools    

Yeah. I think this is going to be a thing they do now and then just to discourage others, but otherwise minimize. The Governor has basically said as much: the goal is to mostly to get the word out and officers have the discretion to just let people know, but that usually means a handful of fines have to be handed out to show the order isn't toothless.

Re: what MattJohn said. Yeah, the homemade stuff is "it's better than nothing." We probably shouldn't be using "real" masks because health care professionals need them the most, but not being the person who needs it MOST doesn't mean there's no use in using what you have, or no use in using them if you already have them.

Nothing unclear about the 6 week old’s death. She was found unresponsive & hospital declared her death due to coronavirus. Turns out she was 7 weeks old.
Can you link me to a source for this, please? It is likely she died from coronavirus but I was making a broader point about wider press reporting that has incorrectly made the assumpton that because someone has the virus and has died, that they died from it. I've seen a number of deaths portrayed as coronavirus inflicted, that turned out to be unrelated tot the virus.

2 drivers from a rival liquor delivery company tested positive and 9 others are in quarantine. I don't know who yet but I probably know some of them. One of their drivers lives across the street from me and I've noticed his car there all the time. A guy who works at one of the stores I go to every week had his aunt pass away from it. I've been showing positivity at all times but I've been very worried. Fortunately my wife is staying home but I'm out and about all over the place. I'm being careful but it seems impossible to cover every one of the bases.

Not looking good for Loeffler.
Such an annoying woman. Did you see that lame video she made exhorting people to stay safe? It was on twitter.

Keep in mind that just about anything works as a face mask. Even socks. The particles that we cough out are far too big to pass through most fabrics.
Right. Read someplace that even wearing a regular bandana (how do you spell this darn word?) is better than nothing.

During the Swine Flu I was so messed up that I didn't even realize it was going on. There are so many people that have alcohol or drug issues today and I'm sure many of them are either oblivious or throwing caution to the wind. It's very concerning. Me and a manager had to explain to a guy in the warehouse what coronavirus was just last Friday. He knew nothing about it.

2 drivers from a rival liquor delivery company tested positive and 9 others are in quarantine. I don't know who yet but I probably know some of them. One of their drivers lives across the street from me and I've noticed his car there all the time. A guy who works at one of the stores I go to every week had his aunt pass away from it. I've been showing positivity at all times but I've been very worried. Fortunately my wife is staying home but I'm out and about all over the place. I'm being careful but it seems impossible to cover every one of the bases.
Try wearing a mask, even a home made one:

https://smartairfilters.com/en/blog/...ce-mask-virus/

it certainly helps. Even if you catch it, if you reduce the "dose" of the virus by using a mask and washing hands, the symptoms tend to be milder.

Try wearing a mask, even a home made one:

https://smartairfilters.com/en/blog/...ce-mask-virus/

it certainly helps. Even if you catch it, if you reduce the "dose" of the virus by using a mask and washing hands, the symptoms tend to be milder.
I was given one when I picked up at a hospital a couple of weeks ago but it's small, uncomfortable, and I heard they didn't have much of a shelf life. My wife is trying to dig me out a scarf or something. I just go to soooo many stores and then medical facilities for my part time job, I think I need full protection.

Account terminated on request
Part of the confusion about lethality is that there are actually two terms that sound the same but as vastly different.

There's more though. This is a good article written a couple days ago:
https://www.bbc.com/future/article/2...y-rates-differ
They'll say "I don't care if he's a poet or cowboy, so long as he's a nice guy. But oh, I'm so attracted to that bad guy over there."
Understand this last part, and you'll get them all.

I just went to the post office and the postal clerks were behind a screen of plastic and 3 out of 4 people in line had face mask, except me and my wife. Good to see people are starting to take this seriously.

I just went to the post office and the postal clerks were behind a screen of plastic and 3 out of 4 people in line had face mask, except me and my wife. Good to see people are starting to take this seriously.
Distancing is likely to do a lot more good than the masks I think (I'm not an epidemiologist, but it seems to be what they're saying).

But yeah, it's nice to not see the "But but but X thousand died of the flu last year" nonsensical mindset quite as much.

Distancing is likely to do a lot more good than the masks I think (I'm not an epidemiologist, but it seems to be what they're saying).

But yeah, it's nice to not see the "But but but X thousand died of the flu last year" nonsensical mindset quite as much.
Yeah, staying at home and distancing is the best. But in grocery stores and what not there's still a lot of people, hence I wear a face mask.

You ready? You look ready.
Re: home made face masks need to be washed regularly. Like every time you come home after using it. So you’re going to need a few. And you need to remember to wash your hands after handling a mask you’ve worn out and about.

I’ll probably start wearing my balaclava if things get worse in my area, but right now we have been fortunate. It’s here of course but we’re managing it.

And if you want a quick and easy face mask go buy some boxer briefs. You’re not going to look any crazier than everyone else. Even with underwear on your head.

And if you want a quick and easy face mask go buy some boxer briefs. You’re not going to look any crazier than everyone else. Even with underwear on your head.
That actually makes dying seem less worrisome.

Our state health officials believe we are beginning to "flatten the curve." However our great state leaders, the Gov and Legislature, are not postponing next weeks primary elections and because they are having trouble finding poll workers they will be reducing the number of voting sites in the city to 5. Those 5 places will be packed, elbow to elbow at times, with people. Both parties (R's and D's) are trying to work a political advantage. I will be not be voting. More insanity.