Jrs' Movie Collection

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I also have Harsh Realm. I think if it were pitched today it might actually have survived a second season.

Suspect's Reviews

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
That is one awesome collection you have there Jrs

Sweet sassy molassy, that's a lot of DVDs. Looks 650-700 or so.

Do you have any pictures of them all sitting on the shelves? Those are always fun to look at.

Aha. That makes more sense.

By my calculations, that means you have at least 250 GB of space taken up by your movie collection. You must have spent a fortune on hard drives, particularly if they're decently made external ones.

It isn't. Loading it up with downloaded movies for free is, though. But you already knew what I was talking about. I think you may have managed redefine the very scope of the word "disingenuous" with that last sentence.

Anyway, I deleted my post because my math was rushed and off.

I See You When You're Sleeping
Who isn't breaking the law nowadays? Jrs for the love of god why do you have a workprint of the Ugly Truth?! You should be arrested judged on your tastes!

Oh and quality ain't the same if it's compressed

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
A DVD Screener is a promotional copy of a motion picture sent by movie studios (on a DVD-Video disc) before the official DVD release date to movie critics, censors etc. These copies are usually of high, near-retail quality, but often contain some little extras on the video stream.

These extras includes timers, scrollers, black & white scenes, logos and serial numbers. The scrollers contain information about a few things, such as why some scenes of the movie appear in black & white, or have information that tell you how to contact people if you have rented or purchased a DVD Screener copy of a movie. Serials are used to help track where the DVD Screeners were sent to but sometimes are blocked out. Movie studios often also leave logos or watermarks on Screeners.
Ahh I see I dont think I could sit and watch them, when I used to watch copied films I hated it when the sceen would play up or there was other stuff on the screen. Im the same with subtitles tbh

I think he's saying you shouldn't be making your illegal downloading habits so public. I'm sure you're aware of our rules in this regard; this thread doesn't technically break them, but it's dancing around that line by being so transparent about it.

Either way, I'm not sure I see the point of regular updates so that we know what you're downloading. If you'd like to post your actual DVD/home theater collection info and pictures, I'm sure we'd all love to see them, but a bunch of posters signifying illegal downloading probably isn't much use to anyone.

As I said, you're not technically breaking the rules, but openly talking about downloading illegal films is right on that line, because it's certainly in the realm of encourgagement.

I didn't bring downloading into it, I simply asked about how you stored them, at which point it became obvious. Not that how it got brought up even matters.

If you think people need constant updates of whatever you're downloading, hey, whatever: knock yourself out. I don't see why anyone would, but I suppose it's your time.

The point of the updates were obviously just to let people know what was being added to my collection.
The MPA appreciate the list too

Seriously though last time I was here you worked in a cinema, don't you realise by highlighting your digital collection you're promoting illegal activity which damages the film industy of what you were (or are) a part of? Just seems odd to me

I'm just basically saying that you could just promote films you've actually paid money for otherwise what's the point? The director of these films didn't intend you to download a 700mb rip of it and then act like you're a connoisseur. You're basically the reason why 3D was brought out (again) and I'm not down with that!

Ignore me if you want, I just thought it needed saying, especially on a movie forum which encourages people to see film and appreciate the work involved.

Honestly, I can't believe you own this -- this is a lesbian superhero movie starring Jordana Brewster. Yes, they're lipstick lesbians, meaning they're attractive, pretty, feminine lesbians instead of masculine, butch, short haired lesbians -- which Ellen DeGeneres totally is, don't tell me she's lipstick.

You are a straight guy, so I assume you like lesbians - but I don't remember any hot lesbian scenes in this film. Though, my memory of the film is fading - it's been years since I saw it.

for the love of god why do you have a workprint of the Ugly Truth?! You should be arrested judged on your tastes!
Lock me up with him - I own it on Blu-ray. For some reason -- oh, okay - GERARD BUTLER -- I had to buy this movie, having never seen it before I bought it. It wasn't spectacular -- you do see a naked guy, but unfortunately it's not Gerard.

I should at least get a shorter sentence since I don't own a workprint of it -- or is owning the Blu-ray even worse?

JRS is probably shaking at the thought of being locked up in jail with me.

Just a little worse SC, just a little! I'm really not fond of Gerard Butler to be honest but for different reasons