Ricky Gervais

Tools    

If you haven't seen his movies yet i suggest you watch them, they are actually really funny. I didn't actually know who he was and i watched 2 of the movies hes starred in and actually liked them. And im beggining to like him alot more. I just recently purchased a Podcast from I-tunes and it is hilarious, the amount of crap he talks through one episode ahahahah....

I See You When You're Sleeping
I love Ricky Gervais although I wasn't overly keen on his last film, not sure if it was meant to be a comedy or something deeply sentimental, seemed to change focus mid way.

'The Office' was brilliant (and yes I do love the American version too) and so was 'Extras' but I think I'd like to see him take a back seat and write more. Not sure if that's what he's doing with his new film.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Im not fussed tbh I havent seen much of his stuff but I dispise The Office I cannot watch it I just dont find it funny at all. Ghost Town and The Invention Of Lying look pretty good but I havent given them a go yet.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Ghost Town wasn't great. I was a big fan of The Office, though, and Extras, the final parts of both were quite extraordinary. His cameo in Stardust, though, was painfully bad.

I resisted watching The Office for ages simply cos I'd worked in offices when I was younger and was stuck working in the same room as some bloody awful people, so I thought it wasn't going to be that funny. That was until I saw a bit about Tim hiding Gareth's stapler in jelly, then intrigued I had to watch them all. So good they are, and Extras too, very clever.

Ghost Town was just ok, nothing I'd recommend

Ricky Gervais is a nice guy tho. Did you hear him on Desert Island Discs a couple of years ago?

Gervais is a great writer and comic actor. Loved The Office and Extras, liked Ghost Town and loved The Invention Of Lying, great screenplay, very clever.

I am the Watcher in the Night
One of the biggest names in the business and we have 10 posts? Come on people!

The Office and Extras are works of genius. His movies are not so good but a true comedian can adapt and is versatile, which is what Gervais does with his stand up. Some of the funniest routines I have EVER seen!

Although, The Invention of Lying was awful
shame on you Justin, The Invention of Lying was original quality work. Unique and funny, really makes you think of a lie free world and really demonstrates one.

"Hi, I'm Bob I'm the spokesperson for the Coca-Cola company. I'm here today to ask you to continue buying coke. Sure it's a drink you've been drinking for years, and if you still enjoy it, I'd like to remind you to buy it again sometime soon. It's basically just brown sugar water, we haven't changed the ingredients much lately, so there's nothing new I can tell you about that. We changed the can around a little bit though. See, the colors here are different there, and we added a polar bear so the kids like us. Coke is very high in sugar and like any high calorie soda it can lead to obesity in children and adults who don't sustain a very healthy diet. So that's it, it's coke. It's very famous, everyone knows it. I'm Bob, I work for coke, and I'm asking you to not stop buying coke. That's all.It's a bit sweet. Thank you."

Ricky's mate who was on the office and an Idiot abroad is coming out to Australia in Dec I believe.

Karl Pilkington. I found him a little tiring after the first series of An Idiot Abroad but still fun.
Because he's an Idiot lol! I crack up for an hour though and what they get him to do..lol!

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Well I've got to say that I personally can't stand Gervais. Not a fan of his TV shows, his film work, his TV interviews or his stand up. I do however love The Ricky Gervais Show, though that's probably because he has little to do with it - it's all about Karl.

I am the Watcher in the Night
I enjoyed The Office. But I've found his whole persona increasingly aggravating and unfunny since that point.
I used to never understand why people disliked Ricky on a personal level but after a few recent TV appearances and comments I can't stand him either but as a comedian, both on tv and on stage, very few come close. He is great at what he does.