Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Still Alice (Richard Glatzer & Wash Westmoreland, 2014)
+
Laudable but sadly for me a little lacking

The Fighter (David O. Russell, 2010)

Kept me interested to the final bell
Kind of unusual for a David O. Russell - or do I have the wrong impression of his thing?

Kind of unusual for a David O. Russell - or do I have the wrong impression of his thing?
Tbh I'm not really the right person to ask having only seen Silver Linings and American Hustle from him prior to this. Is it different in feel to both of those - yes.

Not really, he loves the dysfunctional family dynamic (Spanking the Monkey, Flirting with Disaster, Joy), The Fighter is just more tonal consistent

[Guess Who's Coming to Dinner (1967)]

Absolutely brave!
IMO A Patch of Blue (1965) --also with Poitier-- was braver, and a much more emotionally touching story. It featured a stunning performance by Elizabeth Hartman as a blind Cinderella type.

"Dinner" was a great last performance by Spencer Tracy", and also the last of Tracy/Hepburn's 9 films together.

~Doc

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”

Game Night (2018)

Not Sorry!

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Holy crap there's a Westie in Game Night? So gotta see that film now!

I think we just bonded!

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Holy crap there's a Westie in Game Night? So gotta see that film now!
I live next door to a west highland terrier. Sweet little dog. It's a shame I cant say the same for her cray cray spinster sister owners.

You mean me? Kei's cousin?

Hadn't seen this in over a decade. It's not perfect or anything, but it's still one helluva fun movie.

The Runner (Nicolas Cage) >> 3.5

Most interesting man in the world
the shadow men 6 / 10

"After a family has an alien encounter, they call the Air Force
to report the incident which leads to a visit by Men In Black,
who turn out to be alien-human mutants."

-good simple tv movie

Bullet Boy (Saul Dibb, 2004)

It's all about the blood innit

I won't dance. Don't ask me...

Hadn't seen this over a decade. It's not perfect or anything, but it's still one helluva fun movie.
I watched it about million times when I was teenager. I love this duo. As you said, not perfeckt, but very entertaining.

I won't dance. Don't ask me...
IMO A Patch of Blue (1965) --also with Poitier-- was braver, and a much more emotionally touching story. It featured a stunning performance by Elizabeth Hartman as a blind Cinderella type.

"Dinner" was a great last performance by Spencer Tracy", and also the last of Tracy/Hepburn's 9 films together.

~Doc
I'm not dure if I have seen A Patch of Blue. I will check it out, if I have chance.
I looked at Tracy/ Hepburn's performances with big nostalgia. They already looked so old at the time. I wasn't sure if it was the last theirs movie, but I suspected it could be one of the last. Anyway, I love this couple on the screen.