Star Wars Movies- Best To Worst

Tools    

How would you rank them? My order:

1. The Empire Strikes Back
2. Revenge of the Sith
3. Return of the Jedi
4. A New Hope (in definite need of a rewatch, BTW. It's probably been years since I saw this one.)
5. Attack of the Clones
6. The Phantom Menace

A New Hope
Return of the Jedi
The Phantom Menace
Attack Of The Clones
Revenge of the Sith
Attack of the Clones

Empire
Star Wars (f'ck you George, it was called Star Wars)
Jedi
Sith

I really couldn't decide between Clones and Phantom. I've only seen both once and thought that was plenty. I remember thinking that Clones felt very much like a videogame and intentionally so. The set pieces looked like levels that could be taken wholepiece and played at home. While Phantom was just a snoozefest.

Best to worst?

Original Star Wars trilogy = best. Prequel trilogy = worst.

#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

A New Hope
Return of the Jedi
The Phantom Menace
Attack Of The Clones
Revenge of the Sith
Attack of the Clones
Um, something ain't right here.

And as for your signature HH:
If you like the post remember +pos rep
This is the kinda **** that makes me want to look for any legitimate reason to negative rep your posts. And I will. Like if you have say Phantom Menace ranked higher than Empire, as it appears to be despite the error, I'll negative rep it. Normally, I'd probably just dismiss it but that signature of yours only serves as a reminder.

Oh, and as for the topic of this thread, it's pretty easy: 4,5,6,3,2,1.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Um, something ain't right here.

And as for your signature HH:

This is the kinda **** that makes me want to look for any legitimate reason to negative rep your posts. And I will. Like if you have say Phantom Menace ranked higher than Empire, as it appears to be despite the error, I'll negative rep it. Normally, I'd probably just dismiss it but that signature of yours only serves as a reminder.

lol

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I have decided that if I have children, I'm going to raise them to believe there were only 3 Star Wars movies...

That said:
Empire
Star Wars
Return

No other films exist. None.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
We seem to be getting closer in absentia because that's what I'd say, although when I get really rebellious, I'd put 6 before 5, no matter what anybody thinks!!! Mwahaha!

Empire
Star Wars
Jedi
Revenge of the Sith
Clones
Phantom

I'd put a huge gap in between Return of the Jedi and the prequel trilogy, but I don't think the forum will let me hit "return" enough times.

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
2. A New Hope
3. Return of The Jedi

That is all.

2. A New Hope
3. Return of The Jedi

That is all.
Seems someone spoke for me.
Imagine an eye unruled by man-made laws of perspective, an eye unprejudiced by compositional logic, an eye which does not respond to the name of everything but which must know each object encountered in life through an adventure of perception. How many colors are there in a field of grass to the crawling baby unaware of 'Green'?

-Stan Brakhage

Guess I'll add a bit more: I personally think the degree of quality between the original three is negligible. I prefer to always watch them in order, not because I like New Hope best, but because I'm anal about that stuff and I think of them as one cohesive story. They are all excellent, each filled with moments I love.

As for those other films people keep on insisting talking about, they are all incomprehensible messes full of bright lights and loud sounds apparently made for retarded children but are such monumental failures at producing excitement & wonder that I wouldn't be surprised if even they were sitting there bored and shaking their heads at the sloppiness, the lack of care, and the condescension.

pause for breath

That said, I thought Darth Maul was cool.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Empire
Star Wars
Jedi
Revenge of the Sith
Clones
Phantom

I'd put a huge gap in between Return of the Jedi and the prequel trilogy, but I don't think the forum will let me hit "return" enough times.
this. perhaps jedi ahead of star wars.

1) Star Wars

still the king

2) the Empire Strikes Back

of course it is an awesome movie. for me it loses half a point bc the twist at the end of Vader being Luke's father was the first of way too many characters-are-connected twists. before you knew it, luke and leia were twin brother/sister, darth vader made c-3po when he was a kid, obi wan met boba fett and his dad, yoda and chewbacca were friends, and on and on. and before you knew it a galaxy far, far away felt like a small little town where everyone crosses paths. still, Empire is awesome by itself.

3) Return of the Jedi

hoisted up purely by the Luke/Vader/Emperor dynamic. those scenes are classic Star Wars... especially from the point Luke turns himself in to Vader on the Forest Moon of Endor

don't care much for the rest and fast forward through most of it. han solo became too secondary, and the destroy-the-death-star-by-firing-a-torpedo-at-this-spot-right-here was too recycled from the first one

4) Revenge of the Sith

giving revenge an extra half point compared to the other prequels simply bc on first viewing it seemed decent. but unfortunately there's still lots of facepalm stuff in it.

5-6) Attack of the Clones/the Phantom Menace

yuck. that's all.

actually, ewan mcgregor was pretty good as obi wan in attack of the clones. he should've called anakin out for being a whiny little girl. they should've used him more in phantom too

and padame looked hawt.

that's it, i've run out of prequel compliments

Pretty unoriginal preferences from me. I'm far from a hardcore Star Wars fan, but I do enjoy the original trilogy.

1. Star Wars
2. The Empire Strikes Back
3. Return of the Jedi
4. Revenge of the Sith
5. The Phantom Menace
6. Attack of the Clones

On the outside looking in.
Out of four:

THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK: ****
STAR WARS: ***1/2
RETURN OF THE JEDI: ***

As for the prequels, "They're not the films I'm looking for."