If you could see a classic movie In the ‬theater

Tools    

As i am an old fart i have seen a lot already wouldn't mind seeing BenHur again

They're playing that in a couple of months in a theater near my house. Maybe I should go check it out considering I've never even seen it.

The Thin Man with Myrna Loy And William Powell. Its an awesome set of 6 Movies with an added documentary called Nick and Nora

JAWS. I would live to see JAWS or the original Nightmare On Elm Street on the big screen.

I would like to see a classic Orson Wells mini-retrospective; begin the day with Kane, then Ambersons and then a little break and back in for Touch of Evil. I wouldn't mind watching the Third Man as well.

Insert something remotely witty here.
Deadite is right, this is getting sad.

The Evil Dead trilogy
Raiders
2001: A Space Odyssey.
Friday the 13th
Sleepaway Camp
Any of George Romero's flicks

A system of cells interlinked
Sad?

Yes, a thread with the word "classic" in the title that contains the film Sleepaway Camp is most certainly sad. You've got that right.

I got to see one, Alien, when it was re released a few years back. Absolutely wonderful getting to see it on the big screen. Went with a friend who had never seen it, so they got to see it first time on the cinema screen, very jealous lol.

Sad?

Yes, a thread with the word "classic" in the title that contains the film Sleepaway Camp is most certainly sad. You've got that right.
It is a classic to horror fans.

I've seen a bunch of favorites on the big screen including Lawrence of Arabia, Die Hard, most of Shohei Imamura's and Nagisa Oshima's films, Steamboat Bill Jr., Mishima, several great silent and early-sound films by Tod Browning, and many others. Seeing Jaws at the AFI last year gave me a new appreciation for how beautiful that film is.

Several that I would travel to see:

Akira
Dial M for Murder (3d version)
Snow White
Gremlins
Prospero's Books
Once Upon a Time in China

Rep for Akira. That's one of the films that gets occasional play at the local art-house and I still haven't seen it. Midnight shows are tough to make with kids and jobs.

I remember watching Gremlins in the theater. I was so little that I hid behind the seats in front of me and peeked between them the whole time. I love the film, despite the early life trauma.

Don't torture yourself, Gomez. That's my job.
I too consider myself very lucky. There is a great cinema right in my city that plays double features every night. It constantly plays classic movies on the big screen. So I've seen many favourites.

Vertigo & Rear Window, Roman Holiday & Breakfast at Tiffany's, The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (all in a row yes!), Peter Jackson's first three movies Brain Dead, Meet the Feebles & Bad Taste (once again, all in a row), Grindhouse double, 2001 A Space Odyssey plays in 70mm, as does the full 4 hour version of Kenneth Branagh's Hamlet.

They recently played Taxi Driver every night for a whole week.

My husband proposed to me right after The Goonies (1985) there, "Will you marry me?" came right up on their big Super Screen. It's also where I was taught cinema projection. It's my favourite place in the world.

I don't work for them, so I'm not advertising it I just love it. So if you are ever in Melbourne, Australia. It's worth a visit.

http://www.astor-theatre.com

"And our credo: "Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc." We gladly feast on those who would subdue us. Not just pretty words."

I too consider myself very lucky. There is a great cinema right in my city that plays double features every night. It constantly plays classic movies on the big screen. So I've seen many favourites.

Vertigo & Rear Window, Roman Holiday & Breakfast at Tiffany's, The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (all in a row yes!), Peter Jackson's first three movies Brain Dead, Meet the Feebles & Bad Taste (once again, all in a row), Grindhouse double, 2001 A Space Odyssey plays in 70mm, as does the full 4 hour version of Kenneth Branagh's Hamlet.

My husband proposed to me right after The Goonies (1985) there, "Will you marry me?" came right up on their big Super Screen. It's also where I was taught cinema projection. It's my favourite place in the world.

I don't work for them, so I'm not advertising it I just love it. So if you are ever in Melbourne, Australia. It's worth a visit.

That looks like a great theatre next time i am down in melbourne I am going for sure hey maybe your hsb and you would like to join an old lady

Don't torture yourself, Gomez. That's my job.
Nebbit, I'm always up for a trip to The Astor! Keep me posted!

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
That looks like a great theatre next time i am down in melbourne I am going for sure hey maybe your hsb and you would like to join an old lay
Freudian Slip?

I am insanely jealous of you.