Papers, Please: The Short Film (2017)

Tools    

Ever picked up a video game? Dabbled in the world of pixels? This might interest you. If you haven't, give it a look as it's very interesting regardless. IMDb page here.

Papers, Please: The Short Film is based off the hugely successful puzzle video game created by indie developer Lucas Pope back in 2013. Having played the game myself (it's fantastic) this is something of particular interest to me, and I hope some of you. For those who are unaware of the premise, for either the movie or game it's based off, it can be summarized as being a passport/immigration officer in the dystopian country of Arstotzka, a fictional nation parodying Eastern Bloc countries of the Cold War era.

For the short film expect moody lighting, Soviet vibes, morale quandaries, and Russian voices with English subtitles.

Also, regarding the director Nikita Ordynskiy, he has a couple of short films under his belt and while his first (Under the Sea, 2014) was in my opinion 'shaky', his later ones were very good and vastly improved. Very excited to see how he'll do with this one.

Both the game and short look like something I'd enjoy, so thanks for the heads up. Getting the game on Steam right now.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Pretty sure you will recognize somebody, if you play it enough.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Ima finish that later. Thought it was another trailer at first.

Real talk, shame on me, but I never finished Papers, Please. Should I not watch this yet?

Might actually be a good incentive to actually beat the damn game.