Is Ben Affleck's 'Comeback' Over?

Tools    

There was one point where Ben Affleck was one of the most hated figures in the industry. (Well, by Critics and the General Public anyway.)
After winning an Oscar alongside MATT DAMON

...for writing 'Good Will Hunting.' Ben slowly became synonymous with starring in dumpster fire, after dumpster fire, and dumpster fire, after *COUGH Gigli* overwhelmingly dumpster fire. While having an overall, unlikable personality.

Then he made Gone Baby Gone and 'The Town', which both received Critical Acclaim. Then made 'Argo' and won Best Picture. (Although he wasn't nominated for Director.)

Then he was cast in the role of Batman, and then everyone was like:

Then everyone was like:

Everyone was especially less timid on the idea of 'Batfleck' after his performance 'Gone Girl.' Everything seemed to be going good for Ben... until 'Batman v Superman' came out.

And prior to that, he starred in the critical flop--but (somewhat) box office success; 'The Accountant.' Even then, It didn't garner too much. (Even though the media labeled him as a returning movie star.) After BvS, people suspected the general public started to care less about him.

Then he came out with his next directorial effort 'Live by Night.' It was a bomb, commercially and critically. It felt as though the backlash from BvS left Affleck dumbfounded; and his divorce from his wife a year later did affect him. No we have this...

$96M, opening weekend. It's beyond "mixed" and gone into 'Semi-BvS' Territory. There's rumors of Affleck leaving the Batman Role. (Which could not be true.)

So is it appropriate to say, his comeback could be over? I mean, if 'Witness for the Prosecution' is another 'Live By Night'--what then? Between his apparent struggle with rehab that's been going on for a decade, and the collapsing of the DCEU as we know it... is it over for Batfleck?

Even mcconaissance publicity seems already long gone.
Shouldnt the last stake for maintain these aforomentioned "comeback" is matt reeves's the batman.

This might just do nobody any good.
Affleck was only ever just fine. Gone Girl is easily the best thing he’s been involved with.

I don’t wish anything bad on the guy but he had a clear limit.

Warner Bros. and DC will reboot their franchise without him. They’ll James Bond it, if necessary (keep the supporting cast, change the lead).

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Wasn't he in Argo? I tho[ght that was really good. I think the Jl0 thing almost destroyed his career but he seems fine now