List your top 3 favourite of all time

Tools    

WE GOT MOVIE SIGN!!!
It’s all subjective I know...but the wicker man wtf. Lol sorry but what?
to me it's just the perfect balance really...it's got comedy, horror, thrills it has a bit of action towards the end. a cruel and downbeat ending and all of this is a musical as well! a beautiful folky soundtrack, excellent direction; Christopher lee's finest performace in my opinion as Lord Summerisle (A role he'd basically crib wholesale into his performance in the James bond movie "The man with the golden gun") Edward woodward really goes above and beyond as well! the recent(ish) blu-ray release really shows up the absolutely gorgeous compositions and colour that the locations had...and thats before I mention the Britt Eckland and it doesnt overstay its welcome with the theatrical cut clocking in at just shy of 90 minutes and if you are hungry for more it gets even better because theres 2 further cuts of the film one thats close to 100 minutes long and one that picks the best bits of both versions and combines them into a pretty decent mid way cut.

its such an odd and unusual piece of cinema history and I always notice something new every time I watch it. it's not just a film to me really; its a piece of art. if I could hang it on my wall I would! xD

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
its such an odd and unusual piece of cinema history and I always notice something new every time I watch it. it's not just a film to me really; its a piece of art. if I could hang it on my wall I would! xD
I thought The Wicker Man was rubbish but for a passionate defence of your favourite movie

My top 3 is:
1. Braveheart - the best movie ever made.
2. Inside man - great movie with great scenario
3. Prisoners - movie with my 2favourite actors
The list of my best films is much longer

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
to me it's just the perfect balance really...it's got comedy, horror, thrills it has a bit of action towards the end. a cruel and downbeat ending and all of this is a musical as well! a beautiful folky soundtrack, excellent direction; Christopher lee's finest performace in my opinion as Lord Summerisle (A role he'd basically crib wholesale into his performance in the James bond movie "The man with the golden gun") Edward woodward really goes above and beyond as well! the recent(ish) blu-ray release really shows up the absolutely gorgeous compositions and colour that the locations had...and thats before I mention the Britt Eckland and it doesnt overstay its welcome with the theatrical cut clocking in at just shy of 90 minutes and if you are hungry for more it gets even better because theres 2 further cuts of the film one thats close to 100 minutes long and one that picks the best bits of both versions and combines them into a pretty decent mid way cut.

Well said I must say. I can (now) appreciate your view.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
I thought The Wicker Man was rubbish but for a passionate defence of your favourite movie
Yea he wrote well, convincing in terms or understanding what he himself appreciated. But lmao about calling it rubbish, that made me laugh, such a deep laugh I started sweating, seriously Havnt laughed like that in a while.

“I was cured, all right!”
This are my favorites right now, I can change my mind in 5, 4, 3...

The Wolves (1971)
Police Story (1985)
The Human Condition (1959)

Selecting my favorite three films is proving quite arduous. But, here goes:

1. Casablanca
2. Double Indemnity

It's the third one that is making my head hurt. I've seen so many incredible movies in my life. But, for my third selection, I think I'll go with the first one I ever saw in the theaters, back on May 25, 1977. Opening day.

3. Star Wars

I was all of five years old, and standing in line to watch Star Wars for the first time, getting situated with my popcorn, and watching that classic text crawl, followed by the Imperial Star Destroyer chasing Princess Leia's ship--well, that remains my oldest memory, and for good reason. That day, a little movie lover was born.

1. 50 First Dates
2. Limitless
3. American Pie Series (LOL!)

Most user's Top 3 favourite films can be seen on their profiles.
Yeah, I missed this thread or else I'd have closed it and pointed them to one of the many existing threads on the topic, too, but now a bunch of people have replied already, so I guess it stays open. I might merge it though if I find another one similar enough.

Top 3 movie of all time, based on OP's taste:

1. John Wick
2. John Wick 2
3. John Wick 3
Friend I also like John Wick 1 and 2 movie but the friend when John Wick 3 released?

The French Connection
The Sting
Millers Crossing

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
1. For A Few Dollars More
2. Slumdog Millionaire
3. The Skin I Live In

I've literally got a top 15 that I can't choose between, my top three if you told me they'd be destroyed if I couldn't watch them would be.

1. Lord of the rings return of the ring
2. Memento
3. Dumb & Dumber (yeah it's dumb but it's so nostalgic for me)

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Nor mine.

What do people do with these ratings threads - turn them into a big round of cheddar or something, then spend an eternity eating it with crackers while drinking cheap red wine? Cheap red wine gives me asthma.

This might just do nobody any good.
1. Three Kings
3. ¡Three Amigos!
3. The Three Musketeers