Best of 2012

Tools    

Same as the 2010 and 2011 threads i made. Those two threads were alot of help, have good watchlists for each year and have already discovered a few great films; definitely appreciate having them there for whenever i have a chance to explore those years. So i'd like to keep this going with the other years. This is what i posted in those other threads:

Been struggling to decide which films to watch from this decade recently, particularly foreign language stuff so i thought i'd go through the years and get some recs i may not be aware of. This is just a thread for talking about movies from the year 2012 so you can talk about whatever, just curious if there's some good stuff i'm not aware of or that i've overlooked so talk about your favourites or whatever please.
Here's all 41 films from 2012 i've seen ranked - https://letterboxd.com/camarel/list/2012/

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I was laughing because I looked at 2012 (which I liked well enough) but you will hate the way I ranked them. 29 in total I've seen.

I was laughing because I looked at 2012 (which I liked well enough) but you will hate the way I ranked them. 29 in total I've seen.
Honestly i dislike very few films i've seen from 2012, at the worst most of them were meh. There's only a couple i truly hate so even though we won't agree i won't have a problem with your rankings either.

Any that i haven't seen that you think i should? Beyond The Hills is the only one i have in the watchlist so far - https://letterboxd.com/camarel/list/watchlist-2012/

Flight is my favorite 2012, so obviously I recommend that.

Also recommend The Impossible. Love Naomi Watts in that.

Unconditional, Les Miserables, and The Guilt Trip recommended too.

Flight is my favorite 2012, so obviously I recommend that.

Also recommend The Impossible. Love Naomi Watts in that.

Unconditional, Les Miserables, and The Guilt Trip recommended too.
Thanks added The Impossible, Flight and Unconditional. Don't think Les Mis is for me.

Thanks added The Impossible, Flight and Unconditional. Don't think Les Mis is for me.
That's what I would have thought, but I actually really liked it. Think I like 2012 quite a bit, although it isn't as top heavy as 2011 was.

Damn i've seen that. It's actually one of my few tagged reviews. No idea how i missed that.
Damn, the other I would have recommended straight away is Beyond The Hills but you already have that on your watchlist.

So how about something like Lore?

And I'd second Les Mis - I'm not a fan of musicals but thoroughly enjoyed it once I got a few minutes into it.

Also - you haven't seen Zero Dark Thirty yet?

Damn, the other I would have recommended straight away is Beyond The Hills but you already have that on your watchlist.

So how about something like Lore?

And I'd second Les Mis - I'm not a fan of musicals but thoroughly enjoyed it once I got a few minutes into it.
Yep that's perfect. A WWII related film sounds perfect with my current interests.

ATM: Er Rak Error
Side by Side
The Drudgery Train
Key of Life
Thermae Romae
The Kirishima Thing
life of pi
dredd
outrage beyond
Berserk: The Golden Age Arc 1 – The Egg of the King
Berserk: The Golden Age Arc 2 – The Battle for Doldrey

ATM: Er Rak Error
Side by Side
The Drudgery Train
Key of Life
Thermae Romae
The Kirishima Thing
life of pi
dredd
outrage beyond
Berserk: The Golden Age Arc 1 – The Egg of the King
Berserk: The Golden Age Arc 2 – The Battle for Doldrey
Awesome Added three of those and i'll definitely keep the rest in mind.

An excellent 2012 movie I'd recommend that I didn't see on your list is Looper.
Thanks, added.

Already at 10!

Silver Linings Playbook
The Perks of Being a Wallflower
Wreck-It Ralph
Life of Pi

and Paperman (if we count Short movies)