Best of 2011

Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
I don't understand why Young Adult isn't talked about in the worst movies of all time category more.
because it's not that bad, duh

It's amazing that there's someone attempting to be a troll on MoFo and failing miserably. That shouldn't be possible this site is as sensitive as you get but somehow this dude manages it.

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy

Out melancholy's Melancholia, features one of the best ensambles of the decade and Gary Oldman’s best performance.
It got some praise at the time but I am a bit supprised it never built up a larger following, as you say it does show Oldman is clearly more than just a character actor some claim and has a great atmosphere beyond the cast as well.

I still haven't seen Take Cover, watched Midnight Speical a few weeks ago and whilst it was definitely stylish I must admit it did feel a bit slight to me dwelling a bit too much on its own self importance rather than its characters.

I must admit I didn't find A Seperation THAT good, certainly well made and provided a very interesting perspective but a bit lacking in dramatic drive for me.

I would say my favourites of the year are...

Drive
Shame
Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
Source Code
Blue Valentine
13 Assasins
Senna

Again thing that i rated 7 and above, at the time

i wish aka kiseki
tinker tailor soldier spy
from up on poppy hill
super 8
50/50
moneyball
phone call to the bar
the woodsman and the rain
a ghost of a chance
the guard
harakiri: death of a samurai

I heard Tinker Taylor Soldier Spy and Gary Oldman. I want to throw up.

For the love of cinema do not watch bad remakes of better things. Watch the HBO show by the same name starring Alec Guiness. Maybe you will understand why the UK makes fun of America for not discovering Alec Guiness before Star Wars.

For the love of cinema do not watch bad remakes of better things. Watch the HBO show by the same name starring Alec Guiness. Maybe you will understand why the UK makes fun of America for not discovering Alec Guiness before Star Wars.
ive no idea about the series, but these one come first to me and it far from bad minus the comparison. Some stuff downgrade from the original like tokyo family(tokyo stiry) and harakiri:death of samurai even more worth to watch than any that release that year

Maybe we should take more BEER and read the book, though...

Haha, Camo don't quote yourself.

I do have the book Smiley's People which is the sequel to Tinker, Taylor, Soldier, Spy. I haven't read it yet though.

Anyway, Camo it's okay if you mock me. I am not a butterfly thatgets crushed and dies if you barely touch it.

Don't think anyone's mentioned these two yet?
Dreams Of A Life
The Day He Arrives

A film by a Swediish director, funded by a French studio with mostly English writers and cast?

Honestly for me its an excellent example of how to readapt something well known. it doesn't have the same runtime as the TV series to go into complex detail and instead focuses on building its atmosphere and its performances.

A film by a Swediish director, funded by a French studio with mostly English writers and cast?

Honestly for me its an excellent example of how to readapt something well known. it doesn't have the same runtime as the TV series to go into complex detail and instead focuses on building its atmosphere and its performances.
Oh sorry, I guess I just assumed it was American. My mistake. You makeba fair point, and to that effect I can't say anything because I haven't seen it. I just feel weird when something so great is redone.