Kevin Spacey sexual advance accusations

Tools    

you really should go over that comment a few times and let it sink in. I'm sure you dont mean for it to come across that way, which is pretty appalling.
I've never seen a single second of HoC, but millions of people seem to love it. They should only cancel it if Spacey gets prison time.

You could say Spacey doesn't deserve to work anymore because of what he did, but how is he going to get food and stuff?

Do you think it would be easy for a 14 year old to come forward with accusations of this type against Kevin Spacey? Maybe with all of the recent accusations he felt empowered to do so himself, i mean Spacey hasn't denied it happened.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I've never seen it and also haven't seen any claims this was the reason for cancelling. Not renewing season 7 Haas been rumoured for months.

I also never said anything about him not being able to eat. Not sure where you got that from.

If you don't have a job, you don't have food, if you don't have food, you die.
Dude Kevin Spacey is a multi-millionaire in his sixties, he's not going to starve.

When I was 14 I knew sexual abuse was wrong.
He was sexually abused by a powerful man, whether he knew it was wrong or not is irrelevant there's a million other factors that could stop him from coming forward like: fear, shame, etc.

Anyway i've pretty much said my piece. Spacey is a favourite of mine but irrespective of what i usually think of these accusations and just looking at what has came out so far it's not looking good. Would love to find out this was a misunderstanding but can't see that happening.

Do you think it would be easy for a 14 year old to come forward with accusations of this type against Kevin Spacey?
When I was 14 I knew sexual abuse was wrong.
And? Would you have had the courage to publically disclose it if some powerful person had dangled in your face, especially during such a silent culture, and when members of the public were less inclined to believe golf digging whores than even pesky rent boys

Anyway i've pretty much said my piece. Spacey is a favourite of mine but irrespective of what i usually think of these accusations and just looking at what has came out so far it's not looking good. Would love to find out this was a misunderstanding but can't see that happening.
Alright, thanks for the interesting discussion.

How would I know that? I've never been in that situation.
Think that's the point mate. I know you are coming at this from healthy skepticism but as you said you've never been in that situation so it's not possible for you to know what it's like.

And? Would you have had the courage to publically disclose it if some powerful person had dangled in your face
How would I know that? I've never been in that situation.
Of course you would be able to give an opinion on whether or not you would have reported the guy. Don't give me that.

Of course you would be able to give an opinion on whether or not you would have reported the guy. Don't give me that.
I would have then. The predator would get justice and everyone would really respect that I came out about it.

I've never heard of a single person getting bullied for coming out about being assaulted.

This might just do nobody any good.
Ever heard of people being bullied to not come out about being assaulted?

Why the hell do you think they're not coming out about it for decades. This is not rocket science.

I've never heard of a single person getting bullied for coming out about being assaulted.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steube...hool_rape_case

The case garnered nationwide attention after it was prominently covered in the New York Times, in part for the role of social media in its development. Several individuals publicized the event using Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and text messages. Video and photo evidence reveal that the girl was sexually assaulted over the course of several hours. The video and photo evidence showed her to be unconscious. Some members of the community blamed the girl for her own rape and blamed her for casting a negative light on the football team and town
The nature of the case led to accusations that coaches and school officials knew about the rape and failed to report it. For example, several texts entered into evidence during the trial implied that Steubenville head coach Reno Saccoccia was trying to cover for the players, which led to nationwide outrage after he received a new contract as the district's administrative services director.[34] In response, shortly after the sentences were handed down Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine announced he would empanel a special grand jury to determine whether other crimes were committed—specifically, whether coaches and other school officials failed to report the rape even though Ohio law makes them mandated reporters.
The panel began meeting in April 2013. On October 8, 2013, the grand jury returned the first indictment of an adult in the case. William Rhinaman, the IT director for Steubenville City Schools, was charged with one count each of tampering with evidence, obstruction of justice, obstruction of a public official and grand jury perjury.[35] According to the indictment, Rhinaman hindered the investigation by various means as late as the week before the indictment was handed down. He was also accused of lying to the grand jury when he testified before it on April 8.[36] In February 2015, Rhinaman, under a deal reached with prosecutors, pleaded guilty to one count of obstructing official business. He was sentenced to 90 days of jail. 80 days of his 90-day sentence were suspended provided he completes one year of community control.[37]
And that's just one case of high school football players. Think it would be great if everyone respected you for coming forward but that's certainly not the case. And this case was five years ago with photo and video evidence, not in 1984 with no photo or video evidence.

And that's just one case of high school football players. Think it would be great if everyone respected you for coming forward but that's certainly not the case. And this case was five years ago with photo and video evidence, not in 1984 with no photo or video evidence.
Hmm, I see. Those people are aholes and the victim should ignore them.