2017 MoFo Fantasy Football Season

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
That feeling when you get touchdown notifications on your phone...

"YES! Gurley having a massive night!"

Then you notice you are playing against him in ALL the other league you are in, including MoFo.

Arg!

I think I just picked up the next Russel Wilson. He's got a W in his name too. Maybe they're related?

It's funny you mention that, I was just sort of thinking the other day that there are a handful of young QBs that kinda remind me of Wilson (Prescott being one of them). Kind of a mix between the competent game manager types and the ridiculous video game Michael Vick athleticism, but not really completely either. Just really efficient, but with enough speed and splash to keep defenses honest. Wonder if that's The New Thing.

It could be. It's definitely going to be tough to find a bunch of guys like Brady. Maybe some analyst will run some numbers on him after he retires someday and I bet we'll find that he has/had the quickest release in NFL history. I doubt there will ever be an athlete that can get to the QB in under 2 seconds. Which is about how much time Brady gives ya, I think. But yeah, I think most of the QB's are gonna have to be more mobile if they wanna stay alive. These guys on defense just get faster and faster every year.

Don't start Kroft today, they said. Both receivers for Atlanta are out for the second half. Ouch. Dalvin Cook just dropped to the ground untouched and was carried out. Double ouch.

Needed Tyrerk Hill to get 11 points last night to start 4-0, he got 6, ugh. Hill and Watkins combined for 8.2 points this week. I hate fantasy sometimes.

I assume PW's wondering, right about now, what the record for best start to a season is.

Six other teams a team has started 5-0, so PW and I will be the 7th and 8th. This is only the second time we've had two (in 2009, both Darcy and I started 5-0).

The record is 6-0...TONGO did it in 2013, and Fabulous did it in 2015. Both made it to the MoFo Bowl (Fabulous won his).

Also, as well as some of my bigger decisions have gone, man, I think I've literally dropped like three handcuff-y running backs literally the game before someone above them on the depth chart got hurt. It's been kind of amazing.

^^You must know how to draft a good team, sir. ^^

Somewhat off topic: I know I may be in the minority here, but man.... there are just so many injuries in the NFL and that's on top of the concussion thing? I keep wondering how many more years the NFL can continue. We take it for granted that these guys "sign up" for this all on their own. I just feel like that at some point maybe these guys say: "Screw it,the money just isn't worth it. Especially if there's only a less than zero percent chance of brain damage and or broken limbs." I mean, I like to think that's what people might think or say, anyway.

^^You must know how to draft a good team, sir. ^^
No joke, this is easily the least I've ever prepared for a fantasy football season.

Somewhat off topic: I know I may be in the minority here, but man.... there are just so many injuries in the NFL and that's on top of the concussion thing? I keep wondering how many more years the NFL can continue. We take it for granted that these guys "sign up" for this all on their own. I just feel like that at some point maybe these guys say: "Screw it,the money just isn't worth it. Especially if there's only a less than zero percent chance of brain damage and or broken limbs." I mean, I like to think that's what people might think or say, anyway.
I think it's already happening. There've been a lot of early retirements the last few years. Look at Calvin Johnson. A decade earlier, he probably plays a few more years. But in addition to the health issue, there are just plenty of non-playing jobs related to the league that can keep someone going, from training staff, to coaching, to broadcasting.

Previously we've only had two teams start 6-0 in roughly a decade of league history, and now we've got two at the same time.

PW and I are both going for the record this week. He's got both his QBs on a bye, so his road this time out looks a little tougher, but football is stupid and random, so who knows.

GET HYPED.