22.22%
2 votes
Ken Loach
77.78%
7 votes
Mike Leigh
9 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I'm leaning toward Ken Loach, because all his movies are great, or at least good. Mike Leigh is a little more diverse, there some really high points, but there are a couple of his movies I didn't like... I've probably seen about 10 movies from each director, but I need to think about it before voting.

Not gonna vote as i've somehow only managed to see Naked from Leigh. It's of course one of my very favourite films and i need to get to more from him.

Loach has Sweet Sixteen which is at the same level as Naked for me, and I, Daniel Blake which is a favourite too. Also like The Wind That Shakes The Barley and My Name Is Joe. Didn't like Kes but i watched that years ago and i think i may like it now, The Angels Share was meh, no real intention of revisiting that one. That's what i've seen from him.

I think Loach has more films that are some manner of masterpiece, but Leigh is remarkably consistent. I don't really want to choose, but I guess gun to my head I'd say Leigh.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I think Loach has more films that are some manner of masterpiece.
Which of his films would that be for you, Holden?

---------------

I have only seen two Leigh films and haven't seen any Loach films (as far as I'm aware), so I'm not qualified to vote yet. The two films I have seen from Leigh were top notch (Naked and Secrets & Lies).

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Mike Leigh for Topsy Turvy alone if nothing else!

I've only seen a few Loach films, they weren't bad, and chances are the others are better than I think they are going to be.

Mike Leigh

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Ok, I'll try to rank the movies down below in order... I have seen 15 of Mike Leigh (half in the last three days) and only 8 of Ken Loach, so my vote for Loach is just on what I've seen, but I've given Leigh a re-watch or two.... But Ken Loach seems more consistent.

In totality, both are great.. Even though Tony Richardson directed my favorite English movie "Loneliness of a Long-Distance Runner" I'd have to say those guys are my favorite.English directors.

Ken Loach
-Cathy Come Home
-My Name is Joe
-I, Daniel Blake
-Family Life
-Raining Stones
-Riff-Raff
-Kes
-Ladybug, Ladybug

Mike Leigh
-Nuts in May
-Another Year
-All or Nothing
-Meantime
-Vera Drake
-Happy-Go-Lucky
-Secret & Lies
-Hard Labour (TV short)
-Career Girls
-The Short & the Curlies (short)
-Life is Sweet
-Naked
-High Hopes
-Abigail's Party
-Mr. Turner

I won't dance. Don't ask me...
I, Daniel Blake is a masterpiece for me. When I saw it, I was stuck into my chair. Simply, but sad history has entranced me. Sorry Mike, Ken Loach definitely.