What a Movie Director would be if he were a car:

Tools    

Are you gonna bark all day, little doggy?
This is is a list of famous directors and what they would be if their directing styles were cars. The commentary is supposed to be a [general] reflection of both cars and the directors. Look for double meanings in each sentence, and thanks for taking the time to read!

If I left out one of your favorite directors you can request it in the comments below!

1. Sergio Leone: Lamborghini Miura

Just like Leone's films, the Miura is one hundred percent art.

Back in the day, the Miura delivered some of the biggest action and power you could get in a car. However, today the Miura would be the slowest to accelerate when you line them up with today's technology. Strictly speaking, in terms of acceleration the Miura simply does not hold up today. But when you do eventually get the Miura up to it's limit it's one of the most fun cars out there.

And it's hella beautiful to look at, too.

2. Michael Bay: Dodge Challenger Hellcat

What other car could describe Michael Bay's directing style better than the Dodge Charger Hellcat?

With 707 horsepower, the Hellcat is the most powerful muscle car on earth. But that's all it's got. Even though it's rammed tight with sophisticated technology, it still has a rather harsh riding quality and it's heavy to drive. Reliability of the car is not so good, especially if you go full out with all it's power. And don't even get me started on it's fuel efficiency.
But despite all of it's flaws you still have to admit it looks completely bad-ass.

3. Steven Spielberg: Porsche 9-11.

Be it the classic or the modern version, the 9-11 completely defines Spielberg's directing style.

It's not too fast, but you can't call it slow either. Unlike the Hellcat, which is complete overkill, the Porsche is mild and spacious. But don't let that fool you, since at high or low speeds the Porsche is still one of the best driving cars out there, ever since it was first created. The look has not changed all that much since the beginning, although the inside has, and that's mostly technology wise. For all of it's years, the Porsche has remained the most balanced sports car out there.

It also remains a looker to this day.

4. James Cameron: Lamborghini Aventador

The Aventador is just one step away from being brash, just like Cameron's filmmaking style.

When you have stunning visuals , it's easy to leave out the insides, the parts that count. But the Aventador doesn't, or at least not completely. Here you have a car that is crazy fast...and impressively edgy in it's looks. By that, I mean even if you don't like the way it looks, you're still drawn to it simply because of it's exoticness. The wedge shape of the Lamborghini has become iconic by now, and so too it's price. Lamborghinis are incredibly expensive and the Aventador is no exception.

5. Alfred Hitchcock: Jaguar E-Type

Sleek, suspenseful, and emotion-ridden, like Hitchcock's style, the E-type is one of the most influential designs of all time.

Enzo Ferrari called this the most beautiful car ever made. While I rather disagree with him, one has to admit that the E-type is certainly up there. But the looks aren't the most retaining feature of the E-type, which is made especially true when you get in one. This car is pure, complete, emotion. When you drive it, you can feel the car inside you. The E-type may be slow to build up speed compared to today's cars but the building is suspenseful and gives the car artistic appeal. When you do get up to the top though, it's wonderful.

Cool idea for a thread, but not agreeing with any of your choices.
You gotta read the descriptions, mate! It's not my choices that matter (there are a number of cars that could fit each description) but it's the details of the car.

Everything in the description refers exactly to the director's film style.

6. Stanley Kubrick: Mercedes Benz Grosser 600

Kubrick's style and the Benz share one defining trait: perfection.

The Mercedes Benz is not a very fast car. But it sure is impressive.
Massively built, with a price to match, it was the home to the most luxurious items that could be put on a car back then. But what sticks out the most was the classic Mercedes engineering style. It's near perfection, and that's because when the Mercedes fails to deliver they go back to the drawing board and do it again. There are nearly no flaws in it's design, and runs like a charm. It's also such a stately car that many of the world's big men have chosen to own it. Even Jack Nicholson owned one.

7. Martin Scorsese: Ford Shelby Mustang GT350

No, Scorsese is not a taxi. But he can be rightly called a Shelby Mustang, for both are brutal but have hidden depths.

The GT350 can rightly be called an American icon, just like the original Mustang. It's power and design have influenced many other muscle cars, but none of them have the status of the GT350. Both the old and the new GT350 can be rightly said to be defining for it's time, and expert track vehicles well, incredible to drive.
There's also no denying that it's a handsome vehicle, too.

8. Quentin Tarantino: Ferrari Enzo

Like Tarantino's films, you either love it or hate it. But more people love it.

One of the most radical supercars out there, the Enzo is one of a kind. It's incredibly fast, especially for it's time, and either an eye-sore or a masterpiece, depending on who's point of view it is. But it's a punishing ride. No matter which way you look at it, the Enzo is a complete thriller of a car but very demanding to drive.

There is no other car like the Enzo, which is actually a tribute to the Ferrari's of a classic time that is since long-gone.

9. George Lucas: The Pontiac GTO and the Delorean

George Lucas' films can be represented by two cars: the Pontiac GTO and the DMC-12 Delorean, both produced by John Delorean.

This is the 1969 Pontiac GTO. It's a humongous piece of American history, a massive icon to the American people, and a giant influence to car designers worldwide. The car is undeniably handsome in a rugged way, and it has the power to match these looks. While it's not fast today, it still has a huge fan-following just because it's so awesome in every other way. The car definitely has its flaws, though. Reliability and fuel efficiency aren't too hot, especially if you crank it up. But we still love it.

Now this is the Delorean DMC-12.

In a span of under 20 years, John Delorean went from making bad-asses like the GTO to the DMC-12, an incredibly wimpy excuse for a sports car. It's underpowered, unsafe, incredibly unreliable, and overall, it's underwhelming. What was supposed to be a "new age" in sports cars was in fact a huge disappointment to fans of John Delorean everywhere. Hard to believe that it was made by the same guy, am I right?
But it's still an icon, despite it's terrible design and driving qualities. And even though it sucks in almost every way you can't deny the fact that it looks cool.

(If you haven't guessed yet I'm mostly giving commentary on Star Wars. Yes, there are other Lucas films but who cares about them?)

You can't win an argument just by being right!
LOL nice threads. Indicates to me all directors have tiny middle aged peepees

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Pretty on point until the Enzo. I think the Pantera is quintessential QT in more ways than 1.

James Wan and M. Night

Thanks guys! I appreciate all input, positive or negative.

Pretty on point until the Enzo. I think the Pantera is quintessential QT in more ways than 1.
QT fits both. As I said earlier, many cars could be substituted for these directing styles. I just thought the Ferrari was better since it was a "tribute" to Enzo Ferrari in the same way that many of Tarantino's films were "tributes" to older films of the same genre. He just puts his twist on things, like the Enzo.

James Wan and M. Night

That is funny but I'm actually going to do an M. Night one soon. And Walt Disney. Stay tuned, kids!

Your threads are great fun. Nice cars.

Walt Disney: 1st gen Mazda MX-5

Although it may not seem like it at first, the Mazda MX-5 is the perfect representation of Walt Disney's films.

Small, cute, and lovable in every way, the Mazda Miata MX-5 is the sports car for all budgets.
By no means is the Miata a thriller in the true sense of the word, but it's lively, and very much a driver's car. You will never feel bored inside an MX-5, but there is something inside you wanting just a little more. The MX-5 simply does not have the depth, engine sound, or exoticness to compete with the big boys.. Soon you want step up to the real sports cars, the deeper, sublime ones that transcend into art.
But the MX-5 will keep you happy until you get the money to do so.

The MX-5 also happens to be the most popular sports car in the world.

M. Night Shyamalan: Cadillac Luxury Sedans.

M. Night Shymalan cannot be represented by a single car. You must have an entire company to do that.

Like M. Night, Cadillac redefines their respective genres...just sometimes not in a good way.

Night started off like this wonderful 1970 Cadillac Coupe Deville.

It was a sign of a great start, and Cadillac knew it. The car was serious, stately, and a handsome, original design.

Then, after several years, it devolved into this.

And this.

And this. Oh, Lordy.

Does that look like a Cadillac to you?

Cadillac! You used to be something! You used to be the biggest, most luxurious, marque in America! But look at you! You've turned bland, uninspiring, humorless, and simply ridiculous! People used to buy your sedans because your name was on it, but now people DON't buy 'em because your name is own it! You're a joke now! Please turn your career around!

But then, Cadillac came up with this, which isn't really that bad. Maybe it's even original.

Who knows? Cadillac might be turning it's career around.

We'll just have to wait and see.

Afternote:
Stupid Cadillac #1 represents Lady in the Water
Stupid Cadillac #2 represents The Last Airbender
Stupid Cadillac #3 represents After Earth
Cadillac CTS represents Split