Your Favorite Thrillers?

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Don't forget Cujo.
LOL. I need that poster in my dog room for when my pug decides she wants breakfast at 4am.

The Strangers is probably the last thriller that really scared me. All alone in the house at 3am with my headphones on and the sound cranked up. When the loud bashing on the door happened I thought it was my front door right behind me and almost poopied my pantalones.

In no particular order:

The Game
Jacobs Ladder
Angel Heart
Seven
Usual Suspects
The Others
Mothman Prophecies
Great list!!!

Definitely Orphan (2009). Honestly, when I saw it first time I was having difficulties to fall asleep for another week. I was seeing that little psycho underneath of my bed, behind the door, in my closet, everywhere. Well that was something

oh. I havent seen Orphan but a little psycho under my bed would probably freak me out.

Thumbs up to Lil Dev's Jacob's Ladder. I love that movie.

Here's what seems like a pure brilliant thriller, new movie coming soon called A CURE FOR WELLNESS, looks just amazing to me, check out the trailer!

]

Holy crap that looks stunning.

Legend in my own mind
'Silence of the Lambs' for me

Definitely Orphan (2009). Honestly, when I saw it first time I was having difficulties to fall asleep for another week. I was seeing that little psycho underneath of my bed, behind the door, in my closet, everywhere. Well that was something
Orphan is a great film, make sure you check it out if you haven't seen it, everyone should!

Best 10

10. The Insider (1999) - Michael Mann
9. Chinatown (1974) - Roman Polanski
8. Gone Girl (2014) - David Fincher
7. Rear Window (1954) - Alfred Hitchcock
6. Seven (1995) - David Fincher
5. Memories of Murder (2003) - Bong Joon-ho
4. Memento (2000) - Christopher Nolan
3. The Shining (1980) - Stanley Kubrick
2. High and Low (1963) - Akira Kurosawa
1. Psycho (1960) - Alfred Hitchcock

MC for the Great Underground Circus
Shutter Island is a great movie, one of those I can watch a couple of times each year, Fight Club is just revolutionary and it still holds up, Memento groundbreaking, The Usual Suspect is a remarkable film but I can't decide if the logic and twists actually holds up to closer scrutiny or not - without thinking too much it's awesome.
though I really like Shutter Island [made me enjoy DiCaprio as an actor] I can't shake this idea that it's basically "the 9th configuration" but with the lead as a detective.

Best 10

10. The Insider (1999) - Michael Mann
9. Chinatown (1974) - Roman Polanski
8. Gone Girl (2014) - David Fincher
7. Rear Window (1954) - Alfred Hitchcock
6. Seven (1995) - David Fincher
5. Memories of Murder (2003) - Bong Joon-ho
4. Memento (2000) - Christopher Nolan
3. The Shining (1980) - Stanley Kubrick
2. High and Low (1963) - Akira Kurosawa
1. Psycho (1960) - Alfred Hitchcock
You've got some interesting suggestions here, great list! A couple of them I haven't seen, I will check them out!

High and Low (1963) - Akira Kurosawa
Memories of Murder (2003) - Bong Joon-ho

I really loved Midnight Special, but as a previous member posted, too many to choose from. The Others, The Boy (2015, Macniell) The Signal and oh so many more!

I like a thriller with a good twist at the end, one that you really don't see coming, although I have read posts on IMDb with people claiming they knew exactly what was going to happen 10 minutes in, not sure whether to believe that or not, anyway...I'm rambling, that's a subject for another post.

Back on topic, I guess if I had to choose ONE thriller it would have to be something like The Others or The Signal, but that's two isn't it lol

Has anyone seen ELLE, the thriller from 2016? Got great reviews and might watch it tonight!
www.imdb.com/title/tt3716530

In case of a thriller drought, there's always Brian de Palma.

Scarface
Dressed to Kill
The Untouchables
Carlito's Way
Body Double
Snake Eyes
Raising Cain
Black Dahlia
The Fury

Good List of Thrillers on IMDb worth checking out: www.imdb.com/list/ls063529722

Wild Things, awesome thriller!

Some thrillers I love include the following:
Oldboy
Shutter Island
No Country For Old Men
The Usual Suspects
Seven
Fargo
The Game
Fight Club
12 Monkeys
Nightcrawler
Taxi Driver
Bird with a crystal plumage
Misery

So many film fit under the thriller genre it is hard to limit a list

I really like 'Psycho II'.

30 years old already, but always liked No Way Out for some reason...

Brilliant addition, No Way Out is a great thriller!!!