Bill Cosby

Tools    

Alright, after that last reply I'm just gonna lay down a marker: let's please keep this at least somewhat on topic. This thread should not be about nature, evolution, religion, and abortion. Let's not use this issue as a way to branch off into all the most controversial topics we can imagine, please. There are plenty of threads on all these topics where anyone can vent and argue to their heart's content.

Okay, I removed the last couple of posts, since they were basically just about abortion. No issue with you guys discussing it, but please create a new thread. Thank you.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Yeah, that's a financial decision. They're not altruists, just businessmen. I never liked the Cosby show, I preferred Roseanne. At least it talked about real issues honestly.

Yeah, that's a financial decision. They're not altruists, just businessmen. I never liked the Cosby show, I preferred Roseanne. At least it talked about real issues honestly.
Okay, now I'm starting to get a little pissed off at the Roseanne show because of this, though I do think it's a hell of a lot better than The Cosby Show. But this annoys me -- "oh, Roseanne was so much better because she dealt with REAL issues like sex, being poor, gay people, etc. etc." Nevermind what The Cosby Show might have done with family values and such. Everything is just sex, sex, sex, sex, sex! Nothing's real unless sex is the big turkey on the Thanksgiving table.

That's not true about Roseanne. They discuss everything -- working class values, solidarity, struggles of families. It took a mirror (to show their own racism), questions of religion, etc.. It's an open-minded show.

There's actually humor in Roseanne. The Cosby Show is the furthest thing from the truth. It just made some people feel better about their odd sensibilities I'm guessing.

Watch out for those men who wanna get you drunk. That's how Jeffrey Dahmer lured men back to his death trap.

"Come back to my apartment and we'll get drunk....."

One little drink with the secret sedatives and it's all over.

Okay, now I'm starting to get a little pissed off at the Roseanne show because of this, though I do think it's a hell of a lot better than The Cosby Show. But this annoys me -- "oh, Roseanne was so much better because she dealt with REAL issues like sex, being poor, gay people, etc. etc." Nevermind what The Cosby Show might have done with family values and such. Everything is just sex, sex, sex, sex, sex! Nothing's real unless sex is the big turkey on the Thanksgiving table.
Sounds more like you're just negatively fixated on sex than anything else. I mean you used the word 5 times in that post alone. Maybe you should think about something else for a change.

Watch out for those men who wanna get you drunk. That's how Jeffrey Dahmer lured men back to his death trap.

"Come back to my apartment and we'll get drunk....."

One little drink with the secret sedatives and it's all over.
What's this have to do with Bill Cosby? And how do you know all this?

Sounds more like you're just negatively fixated on sex than anything else. I mean you used the word 5 times in that post alone. Maybe you should think about something else for a change.

What's this have to do with Bill Cosby? And how do you know all this?
He was commenting on another comment made about a predator drugging and raping someone. Far more on-topic than anything youve brought forth.

Famous model Beverly Johnson (first black woman on the cover of Vogue) comes forward about being drugged by Bill Cosby. She has written an entire piece about it for Vanity Fair:

Bill Cosby Drugged Me. This Is My Story.

If Cosby wasn't rich, he'd be in prison by now...

Maybe what we should be talking is how corrupt the system is, how it allows all these injustices we've been witnessing just in the past few months..

AND... I'm sure there's probably a lot of women out there who don't want their identities revealed, don't wanna be dragged into this mess, and it's maybe why so many women never go to the authorities after being raped. The statistics on women being raped and/or molested is alarming - civilians and in the military....

Let the night air cool you off
If Cosby wasn't rich, he'd be in prison by now...

Maybe what we should be talking is how corrupt the system is, how it allows all these injustices we've been witnessing just in the past few months..
Dude, stuff like this has been happening forever, not just in the past few months. Hasn't everybody already known that if you are rich, you stand a better chance of getting out of sticky situations?

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
I'm thinking these events probably did happen-- many of these ladies were aspiring actresses, playboy bunnies, etc, and back then in that environment there probably was a "keep-your-mouth-shut-and-save-your-career -- it's Cosby" kind of thing going on.

Dude, stuff like this has been happening forever, not just in the past few months. Hasn't everybody already known that if you are rich, you stand a better chance of getting out of sticky situations?

It has been happening a long time, and now with the internet, a lot of people can meet anonymously.. That doesn't make it acceptable. And now the media (because of it's business bias) are playing this non-stop... They already had an hour special on CNN..

And this effects the rest of us too. If women don't trust men, and men not trusting women.