Leaving the forum

Tools    

most of us probably have movies we'd like to see get more MoFo Land facetime

there's a way to do that, and there's a way to turn folks off and sort of misunderstand moviewatching, to some degree

i'm pretty selfish with my moviewatching time, and i think most people are bc it's *each person's own time* which is finite. doesn't mean i won't add a movies to my queue that folks are promoting on here and look cool. two of the most fun watches of my last year were when i watched Young Guns and Mannequin, bc i was thinking about Rodent and Sexy b!tching at each other the whole runtime, which cracked me up for both

guess i'm not really talking to Guapo anymore, since he took his talents to South Beach or whatever, guess i'm talking to you azzholes left around here

i don't think Guap really nailed it when he described this place. MovieForums is like Zion or some heavenly kingdom compared to a lot of places online. at least to me. i've frequented sports blogs / message boards before that resemble Hell-On-Earth much more than MoFo Land. this place shouldn't get its name dragged through the mud just bc it didn't get its Guapo Animé Revolution Renaissance where we all morph into animé junkies

VFN
Winter Calls Thy Name
Maybe we should all get Brazilians and start things anew.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
If I'm being honest I was never entirely sure what to make of Guap. For a while I really wasn't a fan because he came across as very arrogant, confrontational and disrespectful to other MoFos. I then decided to cut him a bit of slack and give him the benefit of the doubt that it was just misplaced passion, or that it was even just language issues and crossed wires. I also discovered that if in my head I just added the words "in my opinion" before embarking on his posts they were less likely to make my blood boil.

Well congrats Guap, you just removed whatever sense of doubt I had about you

Tastes are subjective but there is something called understanding
Oh the irony there is just wonderful! So apparently you understand that tastes are subjective and yet you spent the whole post pretty much ripping everyone else's tastes other than your own? And yes there is indeed something called understanding. Just a shame you don't seem able to grasp that particular concept.

Originally Posted by Guaporense
the people here made it an extremely agonizing experience for me Goodbye *******,
Always nice to leave on a gracious note.

Oh yeah and going after Mark F? Smart move. That'll really get people on your side.

it's ok guys.... he is gone so even if you write something he probably never gonna read it so we can move on

VFN
Winter Calls Thy Name
I don't think anyone should take what Guap said personally. He's obviously frustrated, lashing out and cares about this place. When you don't care you have indifference not anger.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I am posting this because it would make me commit to not post here anymore. I decided to leave this forum though I also know that I should have done so far earlier, like 18 months ago. The reasons are very simple: people here have different interests and sensibilities than mine in general. While I love Hollywood movies I also love other mediums and other art forms such as animation (which I wrote quite a lot about) which most people here have no serious interest in (watching a couple Pixar movies does not make you a fan of animation, in fact, I would say that watching a hundred late night anime shows is a basic requirement for anyone to claim be a fan of the medium the same way that watching several hundred Hollywood movies is a requirement for anyone who claims to be a film buff).

Overall I would say that participating in this forum was a pain. It negatively affected my own personal life, given the time I wasted here and the nerves I burned while fighting with other people here. For instance, I am wasting my time writing this post instead of actually working on my research or actually enjoying my free time.

Comments like Jiraffe's "your taste in live action is much better than in animation" are infuriating for the simple reason that he doesn't have significant knowledge of the field of animation in the first place. One thing about popular perception of anime is that differently from a field such as European art film, it lacks the aura of respect that people ignorant about the field have, as result people who lack any experience with the medium easily dismiss it and easily shout ignorant offensive comments to all works within it's spectrum "poorly written RPG", saying that is less precise than saying that all American movies are "poorly written comic book adaptations" (which is actually true for most recent commercial successes) and all European movies are "masturbatory exercises of it's directors" (actually true for most of those films who win the Cannes). Or when Raul said "it's garbage" without actually saying anything of substance, anything that's interesting but still positioning himself as if he knew anything. Something that honestly makes me want to punch people in the face. Given that I cannot adequately express myself through the internet such remarks left me with a unfulfilled desire of retaliation. I am a extremely aggressive and stubborn person, if I were more emotionally balanced I would naturally not even talk about it here (like Jal90 who is an animation fan but knows that here is not the place to talk about the medium and hence doesn't waste his time here, smart decision and one I should have made before). Tastes are subjective but there is something called understanding and I noticed people here in general do not have a clue about anime, even the more basic mainstream stuff like Miyazaki's work.

While I posted a huge deal about the medium I had very little effective feedback and substantive discussion. The anime titles I nominated for the Hall of Fame all tanked even though they are all extremely well respected by it's fans (they are as popular relatively as the most popular Hollywood movies nominated such as Psycho and Dr. Strangelove, which of course, were in the first places). Of course, this is a forum that unites people who like what's the popular perception of film is, that is, Hollywood's products and a couple of the most popular non-english European and Japanese titles, so that's what people here are likely to love. And I was stupid in not understanding that or refusing to understand such obvious fact. I don't like to offend people but fact is that most of you (but not all!) are extremely ignorant people whose field of vision is so limited it makes me depressed (as zotis said to me "mainstream idiots"). Mark F, who is worshiped here, for instance, watched every single piece of garbage hollywood has made 5 times over and refuses to move out of his little hole being completely ignorant of most of the world's artistic mediums, although he is old so juvenile stuff like games and anime is not in his taste palette but english language literature for instance, is an extremely conservative alternative to watching every single piece of garbage that comes out of hollywood over and over again is not even explored. Or when the forum's owner claimed (that was 2 years ago) it is perfectly natural to only list hollywood films as favorites and even tries to justify it while being completely ignorant of the stuff existing outside of the little world of hollywood. Yes little because hollywood only makes 150 movies a year (considering only the ones that cost over 1 million dollars made by the big studios and not indie movies nobody knows about), or 300 hours of film. That's very little stuff, even anime (which is also small compared to manga or english language literature) alone is way larger with 150 series made per year (which also cost over a million dollars each) or about 1500 hours of animation, and in fact, more diverse in many ways given the less restrictive broad demographic pandering it needs to be profitable it can focus on more specific interests and hence fulfill those interests in a better fashion. Over the past two decades anime and videogames have been far more active in artistic innovation than hollywood and far more interesting as well, producing greater artistic value. But it's ok, even if you want to restrict yourself to hollywood you don't need to be a complete ***** and spout ******** about fields you have no knowledge in (in fact, Mr. Minio constant joking with tentacle hentai is also indicative of his ignorance and lack of respect for something he has no clue about, also his constant teasing with my hobby of animation is also disappointing and infuriating).

I am sorry if I offended anyone but given this is my last post here I have no cost in being honest since I don't need to be polite. While I think this is a good forum in terms of basic "design" the people here made it an extremely agonizing experience for me Goodbye *******, not wasting time of my life here anymore, 5 thousand posts worth about a thousand pages of text has been enough!

P.S. I am obviously not participating in the music hall of fame even though the nominations appeared to be interesting. Also, it's obvious that my nomination would tank like always since I have completely different tastes compared to anybody else here.
tl;dr

From what I gather, this is another attention grabbing post. You don't want to be here, just leave, don't try to draw attention to yourself.

Suspect's Reviews

Welcome to the human race...
What a shame.

I guess this means the "top 50 videogames" thread won't be getting finished.

Master of My Domain
Guap bro this is an internet forum, not everything will go the way you want. My advice is make a glass of water, lemonade, martini or whatever and chill off and take a break.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Poor Guap never got over the fact that the movie Brazil didn't take place in the country Brazil. That's the real reason he's leaving.
Statistically, American film titles have nothing to do with its content, while with foreign cinema about 23,1% of the titles refer to the content, which makes it about 3% more than English-language films. It shows how arrogant are the producers of Hollywood garbage. It's different with Japanese animation, where over 70% of titles have a lot to do with the movie, or its content. It's more than any other art form, literature included! It only shows how reasonable the producers of anime are and how stupid American Hollywood producers tend to be.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

As for thread of the year nominee - grumpy cat says no! This departure thread isnt even in the same solar system of interesting compared to Cinemafacianados thread when he left. Actually if this thread would be a thread of the year nominee it would be a black eye to anyone that ever put work into making a good thread.

As for thread of the year nominee - grumpy cat says no! This departure thread isnt even in the same solar system of interesting compared to Cinemafacianados thread when he left.
Yeah, that spoiled me. Now I'm disappointed when someone leaves without pretending to be a spy or something.

Young Skywalker. Missed you, I have...
I am posting this because it would make me commit to not post here anymore. I decided to leave this forum though I also know that I should have done so far earlier, like 18 months ago. The reasons are very simple: people here have different interests and sensibilities than mine in general.

Overall I would say that participating in this forum was a pain. It negatively affected my own personal life, given the time I wasted here and the nerves I burned while fighting with other people here. For instance, I am wasting my time writing this post instead of actually working on my research or actually enjoying my free time.

Comments like Jiraffe's "your taste in live action is much better than in animation" are infuriating for the simple reason that he doesn't have significant knowledge of the field of animation in the first place.

While I posted a huge deal about the medium I had very little effective feedback and substantive discussion.

So.... You didn't and couldn't get anyone to 'conform' to your tastes. Big surprise. You didn't get your way so you are taking your ball and going home. I would love to say that your presence here effected me in a positive way, but I can't. You are extremely narrow minded. At least most of us have given the medium a fair shot before we decided we didn't care for it. I understand that you love it, and that is fantastic, I am happy that you have found something that you care about enough to be dogmatic about it. You have to understand that other people aren't going to feel the same way. People give me crap here all the time about things from my movie choices to my personal life, I don't care. These people don't really know me. They don't see the things that I see or feel the things that I feel, when they start giving me trouble I will respond but I don't really care. You waste too much energy on trying to be right when in reality there is no right or wrong in film tastes. You either like something or you don't. So goodbye G, I hope that you find some site that shares your complete obsession with anime. I am sure there are some out there.

Oh snap! I am late to the good bye thread!

Guap I remember when I first got here almost two years ago and we initially had a connection with a mutual love of Kurosawa. I thought you were a cool guy. Now you seemed dialed into anime a bit more then even most otaku, but who cares? Everyone has their loves. And yeah you have had more then a few run ins with other members of the forum over your taste which were not handled well. But over all you were a unique personality to the site. I am sad to see ya go.

So.... You didn't and couldn't get anyone to 'conform' to your tastes. Big surprise. You didn't get your way so you are taking your ball and going home. I would love to say that your presence here effected me in a positive way, but I can't. You are extremely narrow minded. At least most of us have given the medium a fair shot before we decided we didn't care for it. I understand that you love it, and that is fantastic, I am happy that you have found something that you care about enough to be dogmatic about it. You have to understand that other people aren't going to feel the same way. People give me crap here all the time about things from my movie choices to my personal life, I don't care. These people don't really know me. They don't see the things that I see or feel the things that I feel, when they start giving me trouble I will respond but I don't really care. You waste too much energy on trying to be right when in reality there is no right or wrong in film tastes. You either like something or you don't. So goodbye G, I hope that you find some site that shares your complete obsession with anime. I am sure there are some out there.
I highly doubt so, sure there are but most of them are filled with 12-14 years old kids. And they're far worse than the people on here, if he couldn't be here he definitely will quit any other community.

Come on, Guap. Come back and respond to people here, at least. And then you can go. Make this thread more fun.