Series You Rank In Release Order

Tools    

Mad Max would be close i think. Thunderdome is the problem there, i do know some people who really like it though so i'm sure there's some people who think Fury>Thunder>Road>Max

Welcome to the human race...
Yeah, it seems like most reverse order examples I think of have at least one or two disqualifying entries - Universal Soldier: The Return is definitely worse than the original, the second and third Mission: Impossible movies are worse than the first, and Tokyo Drift and F&F 6 definitely shake up that franchise's order a bit.

Best of Star Wars saga

1) The Force Awakens
2) Revenge of the Sith

Terminator

1) The Terminator
2) Terminator 2
3) Terminator Salvation
4) Terminator 3

Alien

1) Alien
2) Aliens
3) Alien 3

The Matrix

1) Matrix
2) Reloaded

Conjuring

1) TC2 (the best film on this entire page)
2) TC

Halloween

1) theatrical H6 (better than all Star Wars films except TFA - TFA and H6 are equal)
2) Halloween remake
3) H20
4) Halloween

Best of the Best

1) Best of the Best 2 (almost as good as TC2)
2) original

Harry Potter

1) Prisoner of Azkaban
2) Chamber of Secrets
3) Philosopher's Stone

So, Halloween 6 is your favourite of the series, which is fine... just a bit random to throw "it's better than Star Wars" into that as well tbh.

That, and the recent random Star Wars Vs Scream thread... I think Mariel has a problem with Star Wars.

Best of Star Wars saga

1) The Force Awakens
2) Revenge of the Sith

Halloween

1) theatrical H6 (better than all Star Wars films except TFA - TFA and H6 are equal)
This guy, I gotta meet this guy.

What the hell is Best of the Best?
A missed opportunity, is what it is. He started his post with "Best of Star Wars saga" but didn't titled that later heading "Best of Best of the Best."

This is so good.

Best of the Best 2 is brilliant.

What the hell is Best of the Best?

Best of the Best was a martial arts film about a US team competing in a tournament against North Korea.
The sequel was far better, being an allegorical tale about society and public being the enemy of morality.

Best of the Best 2 is essentially about attacking the concept of a public, and society.

Mad Max would be close i think. Thunderdome is the problem there, i do know some people who really like it though so i'm sure there's some people who think Fury>Thunder>Road>Max

I'm still way behind on Mad Max. Only seen The Road Warrior which from my memory was very cool. It's usually overwhelmingly peoples' favorite, though lately it's had strong competition from Fury Road.

I honestly think Fury Road might have passed it. At least by people i know and what i've read on the internet, it is recent though so it would probably be best to see what people think in five years or something.

I haven't seen it or Thunderdome for the record.

Jaws could go in release order for me as well though it's been forever since I last watched 3 and 4, not that I'm in a rush to as both are terrible. 4 from my memory bad as it is at least is one of those so bad it's hilarious type of movies while 3 was just so boring. The original is unquestionably the best and Jaws 2 isn't as good but still entertaining. After that, yikes.

Poltergeist might be one for me after I rewatch the series. It's been years since I last watched them. I remember liking both of the first two equally and finding the second to be my favorite but that could well change when I see them again.