Series You Rank In Release Order

Tools    

^Technically the original Superman series is 5 films... Superman returns is better than the fourth though.
Superman Returns seems to forget the events of III and IV for some reason.

Superman in preference order would be Superman, Superman II, Superman III, Superman Returns and then Superman IV.
I've yet to see Man Of Steel though, but you can't really class it in the Superman series.

I'd rate RoboCop in the order they were made. 1 is the best, 2 was enjoyable but was just a wannabe Verhoeven, 3 was abysmal.

I'd rate Predator in order as well. Pred, Pred 2 and then Predators.

Spider Man, Spider Man 2, Spider Man 3.

So far Three Flavours Cornetto are on a winning streak. Shaun Of The Dead was really funny, Hot Fuzz was a touch better I think. Just waiting on The World's End to come out... looks brilliant by the trailers.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Pulp Fiction.

Ba dum tss.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out. Just jestering around.

A system of cells interlinked
^Technically the original Superman series is 5 films... Superman returns is better than the fourth though.
Superman Returns seems to forget the events of III and IV for some reason.

That reason is that the studio announced that only parts I and II - The original Richard Donner versions, would be considered canon, and that III and IV should be totally disregarded. The theatrical version of Part II should also be disregarded.

The reason being is that in Donner's original vision for parts one I and II (filmed at the same time btw), Supes gets with Lois while he still has his powers, which was changed when the clearly inferior director, Richard Lester got his mitts on Part II, and he added scenes of Superman making a souffle (!?!?!?!) and had Clark Sleep with Lois instead of Superman.

Obviously, the kid in Superman Returns can't be who he is if Lester's version of part II is recognized, and the next two parts just don't fit at all, so they were disregarded completely.

That reason is that the studio announced that only parts I and II - The original Richard Donner versions, would be considered canon, and that III and IV should be totally disregarded. The theatrical version of Part II should also be disregarded.

The reason being is that in Donner's original vision for parts one I and II (filmed at the same time btw), Supes gets with Lois while he still has his powers, which was changed when the clearly inferior director, Richard Lester got his mitts on Part II, and he added scenes of Superman making a souffle (!?!?!?!) and had Clark Sleep with Lois instead of Superman.

Obviously, the kid in Superman Returns can't be who he is if Lester's version of part II is recognized, and the next two parts just don't fit at all, so they were disregarded completely.

Superman would be a tricky series to put in release order for someone who ranks them that way, since the Donner version of the second as far as I know didn't see release until 2006.

I recently watched the entire Mummy trilogy and they definitely go in descending order for me.

The Mummy - 9/10
The Mummy Returns - 8/10
The Mummy: Tomb Of The Dragon Emperor - 7/10

Lord of the Rings (not counting The Hobbit)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (live action trilogy)
Back to the Future
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Jurassic Park

The Godfather trilogy,Back To The Future trilogy and Star Wars original trilogy.

On the outside looking in.
Only one that comes to mind is SUPERMAN:

1. SUPERMAN: THE MOVIE ****
2. SUPERMAN II ***1/4
3. SUPERMAN III **1/2
4. SUPERMAN IV: THE QUEST FOR PEACE *1/2

On the outside looking in.
I don't think I've ever seen Superman IV rated positively, everyone I know always says it's terrible.

Thing is, if Reeve had had the budget he was promised in the beginning, the film might have amounted to something.

It seems like it had a pretty troubled production to begin with and was doomed from the start with all of the problems :/

I was recently given the Bourne trilogy by a friend and will be seeing the original three Bourne films soon. This series seems to be one some people put in order of release when they're ranked.

1| the Fellowship of the Ring
(9.0/10)
2| the Two Towers
+ (8.5/10)
3| the Return of the King
(8.0/10)
4| an Unexpected Journey
+ (7.5/10)
5| Desolation of Smaug
(7.0/10)