Television Tab

Tools    

Watched the pilot last night. Pretty amazing start to this and Bill Syke's nastier brother is a very good description of Hardy's character.
I am very intrigued and look forward to see where this goes.
Glad you like it Ed. I just watched ep 3 last night, and still liking it's broodingly menacing atmosphere. The sets are great, ok you see cgi'd bits of London, but the dirt and the filthy cramped rooms are really well done.

Game of Thrones season 1

a millionth rewatch

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
What a great experience the first time.

Off with your Ned!

Liverpool vs. Wolves
FA Cup 4th rnd

Southampton vs. Arsenal
FA Cup 4th rnd
+

Bright Lights, an HBO documentary made a few years ago following the lives of Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds. I found it really touching to see their closeness, Watching this it seemed perfectly understandable that the mother didn't want to live without the daughter, it was like a symbiotic relationship so it seems very natural that Debbie would die of a broken heart.
Carrie Fisher was a very funny woman and her mother was a perfect foil, funny herself but dry rather than Carrie's often irreverent comedy. Poignant in places too, as when Carrie who suffered from manic episodes says “You know what would be so cool? To get to the end of my personality and just lay in the sun".

Finished series one of Fortitude, not as crazy as a lot made it out to be but still loved it. Looking forwards to watching the second series. Heard a lot of people mention it branched out into science fiction territory towards the end and so I was waiting for something to happen and nothing of the sort did(unless they just meant the thing that was causing the problems in the series...).

Lucifer - Finished series 1, will continue with this series also, loved it.

Episode 1 of the first series -

People thought Fortitude was crazy? Pretty dull, I could accept. Promising without ever really delivering? Yes. But crazy? How? ****ing snowflakes.

I can't even remember if I watched Fortitude season 1 to the end. I think I might've lost interest cos on watching the first one of the second series, I was like, hang on a minute!...

HK, you ok? what you been watching lately? I started Case, the Icelandic one on all4. Not bad. Also Call the Midwife new series, god that series just kills me
and Appletree Yard, although I don't understand how anyone can be so stupid, I just want to know what happens now

I'm not too bad, thanks Christine.

I've been watching the usual stuff (Neighbours, Come Dine, Father Brown, 8 Out Of 10 Cats, etc) but other than that? Elementary, Further Back In Time For Dinner, Suits (actually haven't watched the new episode yet), The Eighties (the American one on Sky Arts. It's nice to see things from another pov), We Have Been Watching (classic comedy and talking heads? Yep, that works for me) and The Great Indoors, which is very much like a retooling of Just Shoot Me... which I loved, so I quite like it. Plus, y'know, Stephen Fry is in it. Love that man.

I'm still struggling to finish of Westworld and The Exorcist. Both are good, but neither really have gotten hold of me. Especially Westworld.

Another disappointment has been Common Sense (current affairs Gogglebox if you've not seen it) which is watchable, but little more.

HK, just had a look for The Eighties as I'd not heard of it. Sounds like my kinda thing so I'll def watch that. I'm always missing things on Sky Arts.

You ready? You look ready.

Black Sails - Season 4 premiere - CRAZY!!!!
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Women will be your undoing, Pépé

still VERY MUCH enjoying Taboo on F/X. Excellent cast and intriguing story-line and quite incredible camera work.
I am LOVING this show

Amazingly in 2017 my gf is watching Lost for the first time. I watched four episodes with her over the past few days thankfully she is at one of the best parts in the show; it was Season 4, Episodes 3-6. It really reminded me why it's still a top ten show for me, despite all it's faults; pointless subplots, meandering about without answering anything, bad characters, underwhelming resolution, etc, for the most part it was a really intriguing and beautiful show. One of those episodes was The Constant, the most commonly cited best episode of the show and i find it hard to disagree. Not sure if it's my favourite but i do think it is possibly the shows most well realized story. None of the time travel elements are complex or original in it but that's not what it's about, it's a surprisingly singular story despite introducing the time travel elements and continuing Desmonds backstory. Seeing it for the first time in about 4 or 5 years i was reminded of why it's so acclaimed; it's an extremely powerful episode with a great performance by Henry Ian Cusick (who Daniel M once said he pictures me as since i'm Scottish ) all those years ago Desmonds phonecall made me cry and i'd be lying if i didn't tear up a bit even though i knew full well what was going to happen, zero stakes this time and it was still amazing.

Obviously i was fortunate that she was on Season 4 as i'm sure most fans would agree 4 and 1 are the best Seasons. I don't dislike a single episode or flashback in Season 1 and the only episode i'm not a big fan of in Season 4 is the one with the Sun flashforward
WARNING: "lost" spoilers below
(Jin and Sun on two different timelines, you find out Jins dead)
The other four seasons have dull and bad episodes but for the most part i still love them and i'm looking forward to watching the rest with a first time viewer which i've never done before.

I'm a big fan of QI and have been continuing to watch it despite Stephen Fry's departure. I usually catch it later in the week, but I'm watching it now and the first question of this episode is actually about Newfoundland (where I live). Of course they had to mention Dildo, which yes, is an actual town name here haha.

I just wanted to point that out since Newfoundland very rarely gets mentioned, let alone in a tv show I really like haha.

Amazingly in 2017 my gf is watching Lost for the first time. I watched four episodes with her over the past few days thankfully she is at one of the best parts in the show; it was Season 4, Episodes 3-6. It really reminded me why it's still a top ten show for me, despite all it's faults; pointless subplots, meandering about without answering anything, bad characters, underwhelming resolution, etc, for the most part it was a really intriguing and beautiful show. One of those episodes was The Constant, the most commonly cited best episode of the show and i find it hard to disagree. Not sure if it's my favourite but i do think it is possibly the shows most well realized story. None of the time travel elements are complex or original in it but that's not what it's about, it's a surprisingly singular story despite introducing the time travel elements and continuing Desmonds backstory. Seeing it for the first time in about 4 or 5 years i was reminded of why it's so acclaimed; it's an extremely powerful episode with a great performance by Henry Ian Cusick (who Daniel M once said he pictures me as since i'm Scottish ) all those years ago Desmonds phonecall made me cry and i'd be lying if i didn't tear up a bit even though i knew full well what was going to happen, zero stakes this time and it was still amazing.

Obviously i was fortunate that she was on Season 4 as i'm sure most fans would agree 4 and 1 are the best Seasons. I don't dislike a single episode or flashback in Season 1 and the only episode i'm not a big fan of in Season 4 is the one with the Sun flashforward
WARNING: "lost" spoilers below
(Jin and Sun on two different timelines, you find out Jins dead)
The other four seasons have dull and bad episodes but for the most part i still love them and i'm looking forward to watching the rest with a first time viewer which i've never done before.
You made me have hankerings to watch Lost again. Used to love that.

I'm a big fan of QI and have been continuing to watch it despite Stephen Fry's departure.
Are you able to see the QI XL versions? They're extended versions of the show and it's something the BBC do with some of they're programmes. HIGNFY and Room 101 being just two examples.