"Looking For Title of a Movie" Forum?

Tools    

Has anybody ever proposed such a forum?

at least it would keep these posts out of the gen. disc. forum and keep those "types of posters/members" segregated away from the real discussions

Horrorphiliac

A system of cells interlinked
I think it's already in the works, actually. I remember Chris mentioning something like a "Film Question" thread or something....

It exists already, actually, but I was kind of sneaky about it. It shows up under "New Posts" and the like, but isn't listed with the other forums on the forum home page, or other such things.

What do you guys think? Should I grant it full-fledged forum status, and allow people to start threads in it without the 25-post minimum? I ask because it'll almost certainly invite more one-and-done visitors who post a question and never return, with a quick "thanks" post every now and then for good measure. Are these members good for MoFo, or are they taking the community for granted?

Any thoughts?

A system of cells interlinked
Just give it a trial run,I guess. If people are getting annoyed by it, take 'er on down! I don't mind answering the occassional question, as long as the people aren't rude/aren't advertising...

Originally Posted by Yoda
It exists already, actually, but I was kind of sneaky about it. It shows up under "New Posts" and the like, but isn't listed with the other forums on the forum home page, or other such things.

What do you guys think? Should I grant it full-fledged forum status, and allow people to start threads in it without the 25-post minimum? I ask because it'll almost certainly invite more one-and-done visitors who post a question and never return, with a quick "thanks" post every now and then for good measure. Are these members good for MoFo, or are they taking the community for granted?

Any thoughts?
As it's me who does much of the work, I'm not overly anxious to invite a bunch of one-poster yahoos who don't even bother to check back in and say "thanks" much less become semi-regular members.

But I wouldn't mind having the sub-forum itself more visible, so that the regulars could get their questions answered there.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I'd say it's worth a shot. Of course, it'll be like any other feature, the new members will start where they like, or start something new even if there is already an existing thread.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Originally Posted by Yoda
Any thoughts?
Eh.

What if these members sign up as - oh, I dunno, "Sexy Director", "Superman", "Bart Simpson" - and only make one post. They'd be stealing away great user names from possible cool, future MoFos.

Just a thought.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Is there a way to let visitors (unregistered people) post in just that one subforum? Or is that a really really bad idea?

Because frankly, I already don't like all the fluff members in the members list that aren't really members. Have you ever tried searching for a member here or peruse the list? It's a nightmare if you actually want to find someone among the many 0-post usernames.

I say Yoda should go through and nuke the no-post members more often.