film/ TV characters devoted to creation

Tools    

Some of These characters think themselves a God. They are thought provoking highly intelligent and will stop at nothing in the name of creation.

David -Alien covenant

David was created to serve but when he saw his creator for the weak selfish creature he was he devoted himself to create something Piura and stronger. David thinks of himself as a God and will kill anyone who threatens his creations and use people in order to further them.

Eldon Tyrell - Blade Runner

Tyrell is a genius. And he created Roy batty my favourite film character of all time. And he's a legend on the chessboard

Dr Robert Ford - Westworld

Robert Ford is a man determined to further evolution. A man who built an empire from nothing and will stop at nothing to protect his legacy.

Nathan - Ex Makina

Nathan is a total recluse who is so rich he makes Bill Gates look poor. He dedicates to creating a self aware robot who is capable of displaying a complex range of emotions. And will destroy a man's life to prove to him self that his creation is valid

Peter weyland - prometheus

Weyland takes his god complex to a whole new level where he is willing to sacrifice others travel light years into space all in order to meet his creator and be granted immortality.

Professor Alan hobby - artificial intelligence

He is a man inspired to create a personal connection between man and machine that goes beyond lust like his former creations. A Machine that can Love and be loved in return. As the loss of his own son inspired him

Lowell - silent running

He may not have created artificially intelligence but he helps create something more essential to our existence by creating plant life in his garden domes In the hope of one day saving Earth. But being the only one who cares in the world of careless people. His struggles are in vain as his story comes to a heartbreaking conclusion.

Kevin Flynn

Kevin is a man prisoner to his own creation. He built a complex virtual world in a arcade like fashion. He started out as a dreamer who worked extremely hard to make his dreams come true until his life became one big dream. A Virtual world that he can't escape from

Dr Manhattan

No doubt the most divine creator on this list with powers inconceivable to the imagination. Dr Manhattan never chose his abilities but he sure knows how to use them. Fleeing earth and his responsibilities. He has long insured the petty politics and corruption of man. So he goes to Mars so he could create Life and spectacular forms of architecture that we are mentally and physically incapable of creating ourselves. He is quite simply a God Who can obliterate things with one touch and pick apart tank like it was made out of Lego. He can also shrink and enlarge his body and walk on the surface of the Sun. I honestly can't think of the film character more powerful

I'm sure there are many more characters like these if you can think of any add them in the comments. And if you add any good ones I will add them to my list

Well you know, Silent Running is in my personal list of best sci fi films of all time and I was enjoying your insights on the film and the Dern character.. I would like to mention, if I may, that the end is not entirely heartbreaking (assuming my memory and the YouTube clips are serving me correctly) SPOILER: The dome and one battered but dedicated drone wind up saved to roam space freely, the plants replenished by light - as Joan Baez poignantly sings them through the stars. I prefer to believe that little dome is found someday by a kinder, wiser earthling than the ones who ordered its demise; and earth or some other planet thrives green again.

Ah this is a thought provoking thread, BunkerWise, but - on the lighter side - I m gonna take the easy way out and suggest as creation figures:

The Lord himself, as played.by:
George Burns in Oh god
Morgan Freeman in Bruce Almighty
(A bit of a stretch here maybe )but. Jor el from krypton sending his baby to become Superman , savior for Earth

And of course... the burning bush of the Ten Commandments (btw that pharaoh sorta tried to be godalmighty himself, wouldn't you think. but he got ......passed over ....for the job.
😇

Nice to hear from you again. Glad you enjoyed my post. and yes you're right about Silent running The ending was not entirely heartbreaking. but it's a sad thought the little robot Huey preserving the dome all alone in space. Jor el should definitely be on this list. And I haven't seen Bruce Almighty since I was a kid I think I over watched it back then but my favourite Jim Carrey movie has to be the cable Guy just like his character I'm obsessed with movies so I kind of resonated with him a little. And I never seen the 10 Commandments I know Charlton Heston is really young in that film but one day I'll probably give it a try

I thought of many sci-fi examples as well:

In Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan Dr Carol Marcus developed the Genesis Device, designed to create life on dead planets.

Then there are virtual realities and their creators in the Tron universe and The Lawnmower Man; similarly the teenagers who create the character Lisa in Weird Science.

And there's the Vortex of Zardoz, inhabited by Eternals.

I thought of many sci-fi examples as well:

In Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan Dr Carol Marcus developed the Genesis Device, designed to create life on dead planets.

Then there are virtual realities and their creators in the Tron universe and The Lawnmower Man; similarly the teenagers who create the character Lisa in Weird Science.

And there's the Vortex of Zardoz, inhabited by Eternals.
Great choices Kevin Flynn is perfect for this list Tron Legacy has pretty corny dialogue but it still one of my favourite sci-fi films. Dr carol Marcus as well good choice. And I want to add Dr Manhattan to this list as well since he has got to be the ultimate god like creator. I miss films like Sin City and watch men

Dr. Frankenstein?
there is a funny edited clip on YouTube of Young Anakin Skywalker starting up his racing pod and instead of shouting it's "working it's working " he blurts out "it's alive it's alive

Great choices Kevin Flynn is perfect for this list Tron Legacy has pretty corny dialogue but it still one of my favourite sci-fi films.
Yeah, it's stunning.